Anonymous
Years ago

Rain Rain Go Away

I went to Wayville last night... Kids falling over and games cancelled due to the courts being unsafe.
I then went to st clair... Games still on??
Earlier in the season forestville people were saying how s@it that place was.
To all those forestville people, that s@it stadium was good enough not to have to cancel games.... Unlike that tin shed you have.
Maybe if you put as much effort into the maintenance of the stadium as you do poaching kids you would have an awsome stadium!

Topic #24995 | Report this topic

shotclock  
Years ago

mmmm harsh. Individual clubs can only report problems to stadium managers - ultimate responsibility is with BSA - is that right?

Should be interesting winter season if we have a wet winter. Could still be playing 2011 in 2012 with catch up games

Wayville cancelled, Mt Barker volunteers running on court during games to mop up drips, Pt Adelaide games moved to St Clair - ct 1 moved to ct 2, problems at Marion.

Any other stadiums report issues?

Reply #308723 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hillcrest?

Dome?

All stadiums have zero maintenance done to them and now the customers suffer.

Reply #308729 | Report this post

Hogwash 26  
Years ago

shotclock,

But if Forestville spent the same amount of time they obviously do recruiting from the likes of Woodville and South. And spent that time helping for free around the stadium. They might have the best stadium in the country.

Reply #308732 | Report this post

bitterrain  
Years ago

hahaha, love reading this, especially aimed at Hogwash 26 and the idiot who started this post; it rains, wayville leaks and games get called off so it's Forestvilles fault? Yes forestvilles coaches and managers are meant to fix the roof, that's their main priority?... Give me a break you morons, do you seriously think Forestville people stand around bitching about how bad a stadium St. Clair is and are not at all frustarted Wayville leaks everytime it rains generally mainly effecting their own teams? Other stadiums that also leaked last night included Port Adelaide, MLC and Morphett Vale but you bitter Woodville and South people claiming Forestville people don't volunteer enough of their time around the place, you are completely disconnected and misinformed if you think the club has anything to do with the maintenance of the stadium, it is up to BSA and the showgrounds.

Also on the topic of recruitment, don't be mad because the better clubs attract the only half decent kids you have, and that's not only the Eagles, get a life you bitter morons and actually spend some time around your club putting as much time and effort forestville, norwood, sturt and even southern are putting into development and stop just thinking it's because of recruitment. Currently the way that BSA allows you to operate so poorly without consequence, is a joke.

Reply #308733 | Report this post

';'  
Years ago

Bitterrain, You had me until you said Southern ...

Reply #308748 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think the point was that Southern have finally bit the bullet and employed someone full time to grow the junior program.

They're 10 years behind Sturt (who are doing it thanks to Tigers sacking the same person who's built the Sabre program) and 5 behind Forestville.

Will be interesting to see what they can achieve, they certain have the area. But also have an area which has turned more footy mad then any other.

Time for South, North etc to join the clan and find the $$ to employ full time Basketball Managers.

Reply #308760 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGlSAYtte-o

16 - 2 - 2011 this was from a bit of rain in Knox

Reply #308769 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_YNR0zQVwI

the rain out side at Knox (Vic)

Reply #308770 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Games on at Hillcrest - perhaps everyone else should look at upgrading their stadiums.

I think the plans are available in the archives somewhere back in the 50's.

Reply #308773 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Games on at Hillcrest - perhaps everyone else should look at upgrading their stadiums.

I think the plans are available in the archives somewhere back in the 50's.

Reply #308774 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

This happens each time the angels spit and has been going on for too long.

A complete joke, and not BSA's fault.

The landlord (Royal Agricultural & Horticultural Society of SA) needs to understand this is not some hay shed in Wudinna where a bit of rain keeps the rats happy and if a bit of rain falls on the tractor, big deal.

Does the landlord fully comprehend the situation, or is it a case of a few chaff chewing farmers from Keith think BSA are a bunch of tree-hugging, prius driving, left wing hippies looking for something to complain about?

fix the roof

Reply #308775 | Report this post

annon  
Years ago

Forestville pinching kids is an interesting comment....
they go out to all the teams and tells them when the trials are and then go to their homes and pick them up and force them to trials.....

you idiot.....

perhaps you should ask why they are trying to leave and then you would understand why kids/parents leave a club for another....

Ps...Forestville lose kids to other clubs as well you idiot

Reply #308778 | Report this post

The Answer  
Years ago

Isaac is RAHS the landlord or Unley Council?

I thought council had a big chunk of the stadium, with an agreement with RAHS it is used at Royal Show time.

Things could have changed over the years of course.....

Reply #309065 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:29 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754