just me
Years ago

Veterans games

how cool would it be to have a vetrans game on before the sixers with some old time plyers running around for example watching al green for the sixers going head to head with "the pearl" from the wildcats but only playing the games once a month(to allow for recovery and injuries other match ups could be sengstock v's davis,smyth v's carfino and more.
what do you think and what match ups would you like.

Topic #2501 | Report this topic

Dr Dunkenstein  
Years ago

could have got a similiar experience if you had trekked to wayville tonight. While i was warming the bench on court three, glanced over to crt 2 to watch mark Davis play, and then following that on crt one Al Green was playing.

Reply #28052 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

Watch out for the Great Mates game that is played at least 1 time during the season.

Last year was the ex sixers playing guys like James Crawford, Willie Simmons and Butch Hays.

Dr Dunkenstein....that league also has Steve Breheny, Scott Ninnis, Darren Breeding,Willie Jenette, David Smyth and Mark Sykes to name just a few

very much old school ball with the same old school attitudes

Reply #28062 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

what are old school attitudes
in comparison to how the game is played by today's player

Reply #28064 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

Old School attitude = Play for the team and enjoy yourself

Todays attitude = Play for your next individual contract

Reply #28065 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

I would agree with Statman - a lot but not all of today's players seem to be to concerned with their pay cheques than they are with the actual team.

Reply #28073 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

What league are all these guys playing in?

Reply #28169 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:23 am, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754