Anonymous
Years ago

Excellent Patty Mills article on his heritage

Mentioned on Yahoo blog 'Ball Don't Lie' you can click through to the article from 'The Columbian'.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/Patty-Mills-talks-about-his-controversial-herita;_ylt=AkXVSKE0BHGyCJzzdvFIf0HTjdIF?urn=nba-324953

Topic #25047 | Report this topic

LC  
Years ago

I checked it out too and it was an interesting read and contained details about Mills and his family that I was not previously aware of.

Direct link: http://www.columbian.com/news/2011/feb/21/patty-mills-from-prejudice-to-pride/

Reply #309426 | Report this post

curtley  
Years ago

It's good to see a foreign country's newspaper can acknowledge these things in this way, maybe one day a local paper will.

Reply #309436 | Report this post

ANON12  
Years ago

Brilliant article. I wonder if Patty's family would have opened up in the same manner to an Aussie journalist? Also a lot of people forget that Patty is the nephew of Danny Morseu former St Kilda Saints and Australian legend who's career basically ended in a game at the old Apollo Stadium when he damaged his knee.

Reply #309516 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

No mins today in loss to Lakers. He could have been the diff. Roys return not good for Patty!

Reply #309554 | Report this post

curious  
Years ago

if his mum wasnt part of the stolen generation would patty be even playing in the NBA.....would he have been positioned to even go to college etc. in some ways this is an arguement in favour of what they did and the type of justification they were planning on!!

I am not going to go as far as saying it was the right thing to do but if you dont understand this point then you dont understand what the stolen generation was all about for the australian government at the time!

Reply #309575 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:07 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754