NYHN
Years ago

Deron Williams to the Nets

first Melo, now Deron.

Topic #25048 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

For Harris, Favours, two picks and cash.

Nets said something about it not being Plan B but another Plan A.

Reply #309424 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

They can spin it any way they want, but Melo was the Net's Plan A.

Reply #309429 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Utah will be spewing they didn't get Derrick Favors instead. ;-) Damn those typos!

Reply #309430 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

These are the sorts of trades I would have assumed someone like Minnisota would have tried with their collection of PG contracts etc.

Is there something going on with that NJ side that isn't out in the open yet. You don't just trade away for D-Will to a team where their star player is a 3rd year Centre.

I'm assuming that there is going to be more to this during the 2011-2012 pre-season.

Reply #309434 | Report this post

hooked  
Years ago

And deron williams will be out of contract end of 2012, there needs to be something to lock him in by then... otherwise he'll be looking across the hudson!

Reply #309442 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

That's what you get for screwing over one of the best coaches....

Reply #309443 | Report this post

Bobby Tables  
Years ago

What is interesting is now, both Denver and Utah's positions in the Western Conference playoff race could change, could it leave the door ajar for teams like Phoenix and Houston to make a late playoff run?

Reply #309445 | Report this post

No Deal!!  
Years ago

Geez they kept this quiet right up until the trade! I didn't even know DWill was being shopped!

Utah will still be around the mark for the 7/8 seed in the west. They still have a pretty deep frontcourt and Harris is a reasonable PG.

Reply #309448 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Small market teams just cant compete anymore

Reply #309449 | Report this post

Shaqfu  
Years ago

Weird trade for the nets. Giving up a lot of potential talent for someone who could be a 1.5 season rental.

This year is done for the nets and next season could be a lockout.

Reply #309453 | Report this post

Fizzle  
Years ago

Would love if SLoan cam back now!!!!!

Reply #309460 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

how the west was won?

buy their best players. next, Chris Paul.

SA, Dallas, LAL have limited windows.

OKC the only legit western team long-term (unless Portland and the LAC can get their act together).

Reply #309471 | Report this post

B-Easy  
Years ago

No Deal, apparently Deron didnt know about the trade either. Interviews with Raja Bell and CJ Miles have said the team found out while watching ESPN at their hotel. Raja said they even "chuckled" about it because they thought it was a rumour!

Reply #309474 | Report this post

Jack  
Years ago

Wow. Bet jerry Sloan is miffed he left when he did now!

Reply #309514 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

WTF! I cannot believe the Jazz have traded D-Will for Favors and Harris! Now they basically have to move either Jefferson or Millsap or both. And Harris is okay, but why give up one of the best three PGs in basketball for these two?

Something must be seriously wrong at the Jazz. What has Deron done to get himself shipped out?

Reply #309546 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

Maybe Sloan will come back...

Reply #309549 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Ok, just read an article on NBA.com quoting Jazz owner Greg Miller. Looks like watching Lebron and Bosh leave their franchises for nothing has psyched him out enough to jump on the first half decent deal he saw!

I'd be pretty angry if I was a Jazz fan, because their owner just threw in the towel and gave away his franchise player just in case he might leave one and a half seasons from now!

If you give in that easily, you'll forever be an also-ran. I guarantee Big Al doesn't want to be there anymore. And what star player will want to come to the Jazz in future, knowing that they don't really think they can hang on to their the best players?

Larry is turning in his grave right now!

Reply #309552 | Report this post

bron  
Years ago

Beantown if i was a GM and my star player forced out the coach of 20+ years i would trade him too!

Reply #309617 | Report this post

Juror 12  
Years ago

I think the smaller market teams are realising the changing nature of the NBA and the fact that its stars are wishing to play in big markets with other star players.

The smaller market teams would be wise to build around a core of mid range players with one or two borderline All Stars (eg Atlanta, Milwaukee, Portland). If you are lucky enough to draft a superstar then you had better win it all in those first seven or so years (under current CBA) or else risk losing them. Utah knew they weren't winning anything in the next 2 years so they downgraded at PG for a solid mid range player in Harris and also got the bonus of Favors plus picks. Makes sense from that point of view but it would still be a hard sell for the Utah fans. But I think given what happened with Sloan the fnas will accept this trade.

Reply #309628 | Report this post

Quagmire  
Years ago

Jazz are epic winners of this trade.

Nets are nothing, and D-will, despite his great play, can't carry a team.

I think about championship teams and wonder about who the last championship team was whose best player was at point....

Billups?
Parker?
Fisher?
Cassel?
Harper?

Now the jazz have Hayward and favours from this yrs draft, plus the nets pick this year and Gld St next year (and they will be good picks)

They have big Al and Millsap, CJ and the vet Bell.

AK is a free agent this year, but if he goes...i think the jazz will be fine.

The only killer is that for so long i could count on the coach of the jazz to get the BEST out of his players. Corbin is not there.

Paul Millsap- love him...as a 6th man. Every team needs a banger (he he) off the bench. And now, really, the jazz should be thinking Big Al and Derrick with Okur and Mill the subs. Thats pretty good. The jazz just need to target a shooting guard stud to make it all happen. Or a tall point who can unleash Harris at off guard.

Go jazz

Reply #309762 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:53 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754