The Special One
Years ago

NBL clubs

just thought I would ask, what is the chance of in the future the NBL expanding the league.

eg. having teams like Newcastle Falcons, Canberra Cannons & Tasmania Devils even South Melbourne Dragons

I understand it's tough now but in the distant future?

At the moment it seems to be that AFL & NRL are running the country but basketball was awesome back in the day.

Topic #25060 | Report this topic

BigD  
Years ago

i believe Newcastle is making a return in the near future, and i know there is most likely that a Melbourne team is returning in 2012

Reply #309681 | Report this post

BALLER#3  
Years ago

I think that they shouldnt have too many clubs or we will see a repeat clubs failing. I think aim for 12 clubs max and top 6. Otherwise there isnt enough talent and fanbase behind each team

Reply #309694 | Report this post

The Special One  
Years ago

I agree BALLER#3 i would hate to see a repeat in what happened in the past, but it would be good to see the league expand

Reply #309734 | Report this post

Sam  
Years ago

Brisbane looks like it will be back either next season or 2012/13. Would also like to see Newcastle, Canberra, Tasmania and a second New Zealand team. The key is slow growth and good financial management. I think the NBL should stick to 1 team/city, even for those like Melbourne and Sydney.

Reply #309775 | Report this post

bretts the man  
Years ago

Another Melb. team be good as nobody in Melb. like the Tigers.
So with good management and good marketing should do well .
Heard the Brisbane team has hit a snag and will not happen in 2012 which is a huge pity .
Surely should be 2 NZ teams but would that put extra expense onto local teams dont need at this stage

Reply #309832 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Plenty of talk about Brisbane and Newcastle teams joining the league in the next 2 seasons.

A second Melbourne team is on the plan for 2012/13.

Reply #309840 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:09 am, Sun 21 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754