Anonymous
Years ago

Boti on the Sixers season

This was in last Saturday's paper and the next day I had a look online to post it here but it wasn't there so good to see it now is.

"Adelaide on a road to nowhere"

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/basketball/adelaide-on-a-road-to-nowhere/story-e6frect3-1226012085884

Topic #25061 | Report this topic

Rat10  
Years ago

Good article - sums things up pretty well.

I still remember following that 2003 final against Perth online where we came back from an incredible margin with a 45 to 11 final point quarter.

Reply #309685 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I usually agree with Boti on many things, but a couple of statements in this article are just plain stupid.

Dowdell or Foreman?? Foreman costs significantly more points and $$ than Dowdell. These guys are not a direct comparable choice.

Johnson & Schenscher ?? Really?? You want 2 mobility challenged centres, both worth big points and very significant $$.

C'mon Boti, you're smarter than this.

Reply #309691 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anon shouldnt have bothere with DJ to start with, guy is a joke, and hasnt shown any signs of development. Id have prefered Schenscher over any of our imports we have had this season....all 4 of them!!! And he is worth the money, just look at how the crocs shooters have had open looks due to the attention you MUST pay him down low. Marty screwed the pooch on that one the most out of all the signings/non signings he made this season. Wonder if Radford had something to do with the non signing??

Reply #309699 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

Anon #309601,

Schensher gave the Sixers the best Frontcourt we've had in years.

Frankly, I'd pay him import money to play for the team. He's worth it.

Reply #309700 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

Boti harsh but right on the money!

Reply #309704 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

Boti harsh but right on the money!

Reply #309705 | Report this post

Gazza  
Years ago

So why doesn't Boti take over and start coaching?

Reply #309711 | Report this post

Years ago

Schensher gets better than import money, do you people have any idea what your talking about.That is what the problem is, we pay good money for our aussie stars and then we can only afford second rate imports.

Schensher
Redhage
Ballinger
Loughton
Kazzoh
Nevill
Worthington
and so on!!!!!

salary cap of 1 mill and in my opinion we would be spending 1/5 on Aussies stars, do the sums people.

Reply #309719 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Soooo what Aussie talent do we have? Team is shite and everyone knows it, and cant wait for the season to be done and dusted and rebuild AGAIN.

Reply #309755 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:05 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754