meo
Years ago

Sixers Trademarked?

Looks like one of the new T20 franchises is going to be called the Sixers - do the 36ers have this trademarked at all from the old days of Sixers being used more prominently, is it worth looking at doing so or too late now?

Topic #25098 | Report this topic

curious  
Years ago

I am sure the new cricket franchise would have looked into that before deciding on a name!

Reply #310185 | Report this post

bamtrabam  
Years ago

Wouldn't it be safe to assume that the Phili 76ers were using the "sixers" moniker way before the 36ers came along?

Reply #310193 | Report this post

curious  
Years ago

Dont forget it is not unprecedented for different sports teams to have the same team name eg: richmond tigers in the AFL and the Melbourne Tigers in the NBL!! or dragons in the NBL and the NRL (st george)!

also dont you spell it sixes in cricket?? as in.. he hit three sixes in a row!! or are a bunch of people who get together to hit sixes known as sixers?? i am confused!!

Reply #310207 | Report this post

The Special One  
Years ago

that is a joke, it should not be allowed

Reply #310221 | Report this post

The Special One  
Years ago

what will be next the T20 team will were the sixers uniform

Reply #310223 | Report this post

HO  
Years ago

it might just force them to differentiate between sixers and 36ers. there have been trademark cases brought before about pro team names.

Reply #310228 | Report this post

dave-blocknorth  
Years ago

On the jersey, I dont see anywhere, where it says TM. So I guess, it can be used by anyone

Reply #310600 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:45 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754