annonomous
Years ago

music should be played at juniour games

music in the basketball i think hypes up players wats every one think?

Topic #2510 | Report this topic

Years ago

very good idea

Reply #28170 | Report this post

annonomous  
Years ago

why do u think that?

Reply #28173 | Report this post

statue of liberty  
Years ago

not everybody likes the same sorta music though.. some music that pump some people up irritate the hell out of others. Can also cause a distraction you shouldnt be thinking about irrelevant cues. Works with the sixers but that's entertainment and they can block out the cues.

I guess it gives the spectators something to pay attention to if their side is down by 100

Reply #28175 | Report this post

thats a good point it keeps the audience distar ted but i feel that whe im playing music seems to lift you half the time u don't here the music but if u do then the words help u in a way its weird

Reply #28177 | Report this post

the obvious  
Years ago

well at least when they are warming up for 10 minutes then no one would be distracted

Reply #28179 | Report this post

just me  
Years ago

that means 18's or 20's wont start till 11pm

Reply #28182 | Report this post

statue of liberty  
Years ago

just take ur own mp3 player/discman/ipod/am chat back radio to the game?

i see where your coming from but i dont think its going to happen

Reply #28194 | Report this post

Matt Ryan  
Years ago

C'mon...Kids see all their NBA stars warm-up with music, NBL and even ABL.

Why not do it at the juniors too!

Bit of fun...Imagine seeing U12 doing warm-ups to EYE OF THE TIGER!

Reply #28200 | Report this post

Dr Dunkenstein  
Years ago

yeah, great idea, and then we can get them all sponsored as well, have them do media interviews, what next....??

Reply #28201 | Report this post

coach k  
Years ago

Not a good idea. Kids have a hard enough time concentrating on the game, running plays and communicating as it is, this will only add to their distraction.

Reply #28213 | Report this post

clown prince  
Years ago

good point coach K

we often do not even get enough time to warm up let alone have music - the previous game finishes then the refs blow 1 min straight away - this has been my beef for ages - especially in winter / cooler months - no warm up is a health and safety issue - should have a minimum of 5 mins between games

Reply #28235 | Report this post

Pegs  
Years ago

An interstate team brought their own music during the Norwood Carnival. It was a little pink CD stereo with not very much power so you couldn't really hear it.

Seemed like a bit of fun.

Reply #28240 | Report this post

rare23air  
Years ago

Sure, sounds like a great idea and i bet theres not one junior out there that wouldnt like it but in reality its not going to happen unless individual players bring the equipment themselves.

Any juniors out there that wants tunes do it, i would but its never gonna happen otherwise.

Reply #28390 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:14 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754