NSW 4
SA 3
QLD 3
WA 2
TAS 1

Topic #25108 | Report this topic

tickle  
Years ago

So what are the names of the players in the team?

Vic 1
Vic 2
Vic 3... etc?

Poor effort.

Reply #310309 | Report this post

basketball taxi  
Years ago

VIC - Creek,Drmic,Iggy,Odigie,Sinclair,Uzelac

NSW - Dumovic, Aldridge, Kay, Trist

SA - Hooley, Carlin, Spehr

WA - Hussey, Thomas

TAS - Greenwood

QLD -McCarron, Norton, Wroe

Reply #310310 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I CANNOT BELIEVE NO-ONE FROM THE NORTHERN TERRITORY OR THE ACT DID NOT MAKE THE SQUAD.

THESE NATIONAL TEAM COACHES ARE SOOOO BIASED TOWARDS THE STATES...WHY NOT SHOW THE TERRITORIES SOME LOVE??

UNBELIEVABLE. IT'S A NATIONAL CAMP, THEREFORE THE NATION NEEDS TO BE REPRESENTED...SOOOO UNFAIR.

Reply #310315 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is this a troll job?

Reply #310318 | Report this post

Justice  
Years ago

this is just a training camp squad

NOT the team (although they will be picked from this group)

did ACT or NT have a team at Nationals?
if so was there a stand-out

And didnt expect 6 from Vic - didnt think team ran that deep in talent (for EMUs)

my opinion/thoughts only not looking for arguments

interested to see others thoughts on eventual team

Reply #310341 | Report this post

phil  
Years ago

would be interested to know more about these kids from someone who knows??

names such as greenwood, creek, drmic and aldridge i have heard. and hooley recently.

what positions and type of players are they? anyone care to mention that please?

ive seen a bit of creek, sf, athletic, still building more to his game ( needs to develop a great j so teams cant just deny him the option of slashing). big kid for an 18 yr old mans body already looks very strong needs to use that to become an inside banger imo to complement his athleticism.

Reply #310354 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Phil, I can help you because Ive had the opportunity to play against these guys.

Aldridge, Creek, Drmic, Iggy and Greenwood are the core of the team.

Drmic is very versatile and multi-talented: 6"5.5 possibly 6"6 3-man who can play at the 2 or 4 spot.Great spot up shooter much like his uncle Frank Drmic. Has length to defend and has great handles for his size with the ability to break down smaller, faster defenders.

Iggy is around 6"4 and he has an excellent spot up shooter. He is a left-hander player who can slash to the hoop with nice athleticism. Doesn't force shots and has great understanding of shot selection.

Aldridge is a 6"1 PG who recently committed to Butler. He leads the offense expertly and is a very nice spot up shooter. He has really developed his ability to shoot of the dribble as of late. The increased strength in his game has allowed him to finish around the basket. He isn't extremly fast ala Mills but can still beat defenders with nice footwork and a nice handle--He is a very controlled PG, He won't force too much and his TO's will always be at a minimum.

Greenwood is a 6"5-6"6 versatile player that can play 2,3 or possibly the 4 spot. He will do whatever it takes to win..Grab rebounds, defend, steal the ball, shoot or slash to the basket. Is the defensive leader of the team and captain of the AST tournaments/FIBA qualifying and AYOF. Has a nice pullup mid-range game and one word that describes his game is "smooth". Has an extremly high basketball IQ much like the entire team in fact. Has nice shooting mechanics, but his shooting %'s from 3 can be suprisingly low. At the AST he went 0/14 from 3 before he made one about 3 games into the tourny. Then at the recently completed Under 20's he finished the tournament with 20% 3-point FG. I dont think shooting the 3 ball is too big of a concern though because his shooting mechanics are nice and compact and I know that at the junior level he was a lights out shooter.

I suspect that the starting 5 would look something like this:

Aldridge
Iggy or Drmic
Greenwood
Creek
Dumovic/Carlin

I think that Dumovic or Carlin will start because correct me if im wrong they are legit centers? i.e. 6"9 +
One big issue at the moment for the Aussies is the lack of a good intl 5 man. They were exposed at the AST and the Chian tournaments inside. They have a myriad of players to play the 4 spot (Lewis Thomas, Creek, Odigie, Greenwood and Sinclair).
I suspect they might even try running Creek at the 3 spot and Greenwood at the 4 spot, but that is assuming Creek has really developed his outside jump shot.

Reply #310358 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Would you say Drmic is better then Creek? Will we see him in the NBL next year?

Reply #310365 | Report this post

phil  
Years ago

he hasnt, not that his long-range j is bad but hasnt shown it as a weapon in 6ers games, but he is still young.

thanks for that macdub.

i heard greenwood has committed to a college. any future guns there? im sure we have some solid to very good nbl talent there but any who have the potential to be in the range of nba or euro ala ingles/ maric/ anderson?

the next batch of kids is really important, if we can find some to complement an older and experienced bogut/ mills/ ingles core then we can make some noise in future champs/ olympics. looking forward to see what bose and delly have to offer after college.

imo we have world class centre and pg, and ingles will be very handy scorer. marics hopefully continues to improve on his good form. i really think we need a top class shooter ( particularly outside), a top-class lockdown defender for the sf/sg. not to mention a pf that is strong and athletic enough to go with alot of the better mobile talls around nowadays.

Reply #310366 | Report this post

abc123  
Years ago

Greenwood is going to New Mexico

Reply #310369 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

KingJames, Drmic has recently committed to Boise State along with Hadziomerovich.

Drmic is the hardest guy I have ever had to play against. With his height (6"5.5-6"6) and excellent skill level there isn't a thing that he can't do on the court.
He can shoot the hell out of it, get to the rack comfortably, distribute to the open man, defend both inside and on the perimeter and rebound on both ends.
A player that does that much rarely has a bad game as he finds other ways to contribute to the team.

However, Creeks combination of athleticism (Vertical Jumping ability and first step quickness) and strength is virtually unrivalled at the U/19 level (Maybe only a team like the USA possesses athletes like Creek).

Reply #310372 | Report this post

phil  
Years ago

in your opinion macdub who is the best player in that team ?? ive heard a bit about drmic and aldridge before.

its hard to tell for me at this stage how far creek can develop? ive rarely seen anyone of creeks size and build at all much less at the age of 18 and with that athleticism.

Reply #310374 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Aldridge look injured????

Reply #310375 | Report this post

aussie boomers  
Years ago

It appears that Drmic is the pick of the crop. Creek is good but won't be that effective until he develops a mid range and three point shot

Reply #310404 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why no Tyler Hickert?

Reply #310558 | Report this post

VicBitter  
Years ago

Good question, Hickert was very good for WA at Nationals, Lewis Thomas was very very poor in the games I saw, appearing disinterested in the games and unwilling to pass, preferring to keep jacking up air-balls. Has one of the worst shots around and can consider himself very lucky to be in the squad. McCarron & Norton were outstanding for QLD at Nationals. All 6 Vics deserve their spot and ACT/NT wouldn't have anyone in the side if they named a squad of 20.
All the others, I think the selectors got it pretty right.

Reply #312078 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:37 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754