Steve cairns
Years ago

Can someone tell me what happened in the 4 th qtr

Ok I know most of u guys are not happy but huge turn around in the 4th

Topic #25115 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cairns scored 27 points, and the 36ers scored 7. Thats what happened. Instead of everyones expert opinion, id love to actually get Marty Clarkes official review of what occurred for such a scoreline.

Reply #310421 | Report this post

surmdog  
Years ago

we lost it half way through the 3rd quarter
we looked flat and out of sync.

Reply #310429 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

We sat through possibly the darkest hour in Sixer memory and portions of the crowd turned on their own team for the first time in 19 years.

Reply #310434 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

Try this link:

http://www.fibalivestats.com/matches/1329/02/42/15/47zRrrzTdEAA/

Select the 4th quarter tab.

Sorry but everyone at the game knows what happened in the fourth quarter and we've been witness to the same processes all season. So there is really nothing new to discuss.

Reply #310438 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

I think I might have something different to add: The Sixers did the honourable duty of letting the Taipans win so the likelihood of the Tigers making the finals become little more than a mathamatical probability.

Folks we should be celebrating, not booing (ok I didn't boo on the outside but I definately felt like booing on the inside)

Reply #310444 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

I would just like to see something run through the post rather than have our bigs setting screens at the top of the key and forcing a deep 2 over and over and over. Oh and that decision by DJ on the loose ball late in the 4th was just swell.

Reply #310445 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Steve, Loughton kept getting left open. Had 15 including some big threes. 36ers went to water and were probably lucky to have the 7 points - Carter had 3/3 FT after a silly foul by a Taipan. A number of 36ers offenses just got bogged down and resulted in turnovers or poor shots.

Johnson had been having a decent game but came in too late in the fourth when momentum had well and truly swung (13 points stripped from our lead by that time). Taipans continued from there to run it home 9-2 over the final few minutes.

Adelaide didn't even score in the last two minutes. Three turnovers and then two missed threes. Cairns had all the confidence by then.

Reply #310447 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sorry, can i just say regardles of how badly we played, to every one of you that booed the team, please support someone else from this point forwad. I don't think the club needs supporters like you.

Reply #310463 | Report this post

The Special One  
Years ago

It's simple we (The Sixers) are crap, we need to work as a team

Reply #310471 | Report this post

Peter  
Years ago

Anon 310463 - I have never booed a team I support, Sixers included. That said, fans are expected to cheer, shout and otherwise give positive feedback when the team has done well. There have been a lot of standing ovations over the years. So when the team has done very poorly, some negative feedback is okay by me - even if I won't be giving it. As someone else pointed out, it's a sign of how passionately some fans feel for the Sixers. I'm sure these fans will be the first to cheer the Sixers on when they show the heart and efforts that Sixers' fans expect and deserve. It's up to the players and coaches to use the boos to motivate themselves to turn things around on the court.

Reply #310487 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Dont bag or blame the team, the blame should go to the guy running the team, which is the coach and he should take FULL responsibility!

Reply #310489 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Personally, I think booing your team is poor form.

The Sixers had the Taipans on the ropes last night. Up until 3 qtr time, the Sixers were like a domme in a dungeon with a fat, balding, middle aged bank executive - in total control and everyone knew it. Then, the fourth quarter, they had as much control over the Taipans as Pee Wee Herman controlling a group of Hells Angels at Ponde.

At 3QT the Sixers were as popular as Justin Beiber making a surprise appearance at a girl's 13th birthday party, at FT they were as popular as a Colonel Gadaffi in Eastern Libya.

Reply #310490 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I don't think you should ever boo your team unless your from Greece or somewhere its somehow accepted to do that, but I think its ok to not be impressed when the team consitently isn't playing up to standard.
The other alternative is to stop being a fan and nobody should have to resort to that.
Being unhappy with how they perform should spur them on, they have to take some bad with the good.
Constructive criticism is better than booing and not remaining a fan.

Reply #310492 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

yeah i could never boo my team, hell i gave them a spot clap as i walked out of that place as quick as i could. But rest assured i was giving the hell inside. Sad thing is maybe they had to hear it, that is the owners through to the players, just hear that a certain level of annoyance has been reached.

Reply #310533 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Seems it was the biggest last qtr comeback in an NBL 40 minute game.
(Let's hope that the Hawks don't have to train on Sunday.)

Reply #310538 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Didnt boo them but was very very happy to hear the boos. The team and coaches should be embarassed and ashamed, i hate them all right now, and ive been a genuinely pasion lover of the team for many many years. I even supported jerry dennard for gods sake. But this roster is a disgrace and was destined to fail, it wouldve wanted to come DIRT cheap!

Reply #310543 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

SOS need to listen to the fans and supporters. With Marty doing Boomers does this mean he is getting paid? Does this mean the writing is on the wall and it is the pre-cursor to his departure? Fans wont come if the same coach is there next year, is my guess!

Reply #310548 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Wonder if there will be a straight swap with Marty and Shane Sixers Coach <---> Boomers Assistant Coach

Reply #310551 | Report this post

Bake  
Years ago

Only one relable scorer (Ballinger), double triple team him, scoring dries up. No visible offence against a zone. Goodbye scoring.

Reply #310553 | Report this post

FM  
Years ago

Majority of the players play for the opportunity and the money. This is only their club whilst they play here. The SA boys grew up wanting to play for this club... The fans have been supporting this club for decades and are the true heart of the club.

The fans should not accept a lack of heart and are right in expressing when they feel they have been let down. Remember it is the fans that have to talk to defend there club to others. Someone on this thread stated that they had never seen the crowd turn on the 6ers but it happened in this game.

Remember Scotty a true sixers player/spectator (South Australian) lost his coaching position for coming 8th. If we get rid of one of our own for poor performance, I can't see how Marty can have a future in Adelaide after 3 more weeks.

Reply #310555 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Scott did not get sacked because of coming 8th

Reply #310557 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Yeah he got sacked for poor performance of the team, same as this coach should get sacked for the same reason!

Reply #310575 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah that's why he got canned, perhaps get some facts first.

Reply #310581 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Well on the outside looking in that what it looked like - so perhpas if you are so smart and in the know, how about you share what you know?

Reply #310586 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Bake, when Ballinger wasn't even out there at all, the team were +9. Earlier in the game, Ballinger got his points in the natural flow of the game, IMO. As soon as we started to force it to him, things came to a halt.

Reply #310626 | Report this post

Hoops  
Years ago

You guys talk shit. Do coaches turn the ball over? Do coaches put the ball in the Hoop? Do coaches play D? Maybe thats were the 6ers are at, the players need to be accountable its the Pro's.Coaches teach and some players are just Dumb.

Reply #310657 | Report this post

bretts the man  
Years ago

I certainly would not boo my team but can understand why some did that was the worse loss I can remember and as a previous poster we did not look like scoring in last Qtr everyone froze and Clarke did not have a plan BCD or any other plan.
Why did not some-one just get the ball and attack the basket. Some of those turnovers were comical if not our team.
Sure Creek is exciting but long way from being a champion that Clarke and many posters think he is or will be . They have worked him out already and has no shot and what got me was sitting a lot in the corner where even if got it would not have shot basket anyway.
Posters jump on Hills head but does well and offers some bl---y movement except when he tightens up later on either by confidence or Clake restrictions .
Keep wanting to believe in coach but to lose so many last Qtr games starting to tell me that not up to it. How well did we play in 1st qtr

Reply #310658 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

booing the team after that loss was needed to let owners and players know we are not going to put up with that shit for seasons to come it was embarrasing and shameful.

Reply #310690 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:45 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754