the obvious
Years ago

that poor basketballer that got shot

i feel sorry for that poor youn basketballer who got shot while trying to help one of his friends i hope they catch who eva did it

Topic #2515 | Report this topic

SKYHOOK  
Years ago

please elaborate ... missed it ...

Reply #28193 | Report this post

Could have at least said I know what your doing next Saturday'.

Once again, lets promote the only two clubs that matter in BASA. Getting very boring guys.

Isaac Nagy?

Reply #28199 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

Somethingdifferent..NOT

How about instead of just bagging Isaac for a creative effort in promoting the game you come up with an idea to promote a game of your choice? Why shouldnt he be allowed to promote the team he supports?
Im sure if you send through something similar promoting another of the upcomming ABL games involving some other clubs Im sure Isaac would be only to happy to put it on the site!

Reply #28212 | Report this post

coach k  
Years ago

Why don't we get back on topic. Who got shot / where did this take place??

Reply #28214 | Report this post

?????  
Years ago

Try this

http://www.nydailynews.com/front/story/296749p-253963c.html

Reply #28222 | Report this post

?????  
Years ago

This is the first story

http://www.nydailynews.com/04-04-2005/news/story/296338p-253765c.html

Reply #28224 | Report this post

SKYHOOK  
Years ago

where do you find these things ? Are you based here in Aus ?

Reply #28230 | Report this post

?????  
Years ago

I am told the guy gunned down was a very close friend of a local ABA baller. My condolences to him.

Reply #28241 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Somethingdifferent -- Forestville took the time to approach me about running a promo. Especially given that they were bringing in extra seating and near-demanding that juniors attend the game, I thought that it was definitely worthwhile supporting their efforts. Another promo coming up will be for a South game (as someone from South approached me also -- I think it's April 30th against Norwood). Previous promos have been for a Southern game against the Malaysian team, and charity events.

I have received no requests from North, Woodville, Centrals, Norwood, West or Eastern.

Reply #28245 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

That is so so bad, we are pretty lucky to be living in a country where very little of that sort of pointless killing occurs.

Reply #28251 | Report this post

the obvious  
Years ago

yer we are australia is a very lucky country and we r very lucky the poor perosn was helping his friend who got stabbed he was getting out of the car to drive when they shot him poor guy he was a absketballer to he was so young

Reply #28252 | Report this post

sporty babe  
Years ago

how about you guys just stop talkin about it if you dont know the whole story!!!!!!! get over it

Reply #28297 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

hey sporty babe, why don't you just shut the fcuk up. As if you don't feel sorry for the poor guy that died and his family. Gunned down for no reason! What's with that?

Reply #28307 | Report this post

Eric Bradley  
Years ago

The basketball players name was Tafare Berryman, both my self (Eric Bradley) and Jye Watson were very close to him because we played the majority of our collegiate careers with him!! He was a good man and will be remembered that way... RIP tafare berryman

Reply #28312 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

Sorry to hear about your friend Eric. Condolences to you my man.

Reply #28315 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

I second that Eric. Having heard you speak about adversity and other much more important things than basketball, I'm sure you'll get through. God bless, dude.

Reply #28435 | Report this post

Eric Bradley  
Years ago

thanks guys

Reply #28451 | Report this post

JYE WATSON  
Years ago

Tafare was a great person and it's wrong that he got caught up in this (sorry isaac) Bullshit over there I played with him and was very close to him, he had 1 month left until he graduated college and he was coming over here to live and play like many other college team mates of mine such as Eric Bradley, Curtis Small, Jason Lewis and now Gerry McNaire, but I still don't understand how this ended up on this forum ? RIP man i miss u
Jye

Reply #28458 | Report this post

JYE WATSON  
Years ago

By the way sporting Babe it's hard to get over something like your Mate getting shot too, so take it easy and dont ever comment about things you have no clue about!!!!!

Reply #28459 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

Well put Jye, hey is Athol Murray still out at Centrals?

Reply #28473 | Report this post

JYE WATSON  
Years ago

not sure

Reply #28512 | Report this post

Bob-O-link  
Years ago

Tafare was like a little brother to me when he lived in TOronto Ontario. We all use to live on Bob-o-link, he was always smiliing he was kind and hilarious. I just found out today and I am disgusted that someone killed him! I cannot wait for the killers to get caught and bring them to justice. If anyone knows anything please speak up. It is not fair to not say anything. Please say something. Thank you

Reply #28728 | Report this post

Renee  
Years ago

HEY GUYS.... HI JYE, THIS IS RENEE I WAS FARE'S GIRLFRIEND......i MISS HIM SO MUCH....SO MANY PEOPLE WERE AT HIS FUNERAL....HIS MOM IS A REMARKABLE WOMAN, SO STRONG...I AM SO PROUD OF HER.....

Reply #30492 | Report this post

JYE WATSON  
Years ago

Renee If you get this e-mail me [email protected]

Reply #32193 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Athol isnt at Centrals anymore, which personally to me is a shame. I thought he was a good coach and worked well with the team he had. Some didnt like him but hey thats life.

Reply #32265 | Report this post

cw post grad  
Years ago

RIP TAFARE!

Reply #40898 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:41 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754