curtley
Years ago

The NBL , pretty ladies and suits

Why don't all coaches, coaching staff, injured players and TV hosts wear suits? It would make it more proffesional all round, heavily sponsored polo shirs aren't a good look.

Also, can the NBL get the hottest WNBL player with half a brain to do interviews or something during the game instead of Carfino?

Topic #25202 | Report this topic

The Brad  
Years ago

Like Cheryl Miller? ;)

It's probably because we play in summer and also need sponsors to survive!

Reply #311935 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

US DREAM TEAM WORE SUITS IN BARCELONA! So not an issue, suck it up, stadiums are air conditioned. Agreed, suits would look good, and the league needs some sex appeal, men interviewing men is boring!!!!!!!

Reply #311941 | Report this post

auslot  
Years ago

Anonymous 941

1. Have you ever been in the adelaide Arena when its 37 plus outside sometimes its not that much cooler inside. I was wearing a suit in an air con office yesterday for the when the CEO turned up. Mate i was cooking after 5 mins.

2. Sponsors need exposure. Being a business owner myself i like to see value for my advertising dollar. Even it is on a shirt that the coaching staff are wearing.

Suits might be appropriate in colder climates but not here in australia.

Wearing a polo doesnt make you less of a person.

On the subject of the female interviewer, I dont think it matters as to who is doing it. You couldnt get someone more passionate about basketball in australia than steve carfino. He loves talking about it. I have met the guy and he is great and said he is always happy to stop on the street and talk with fans of the league.

Everybody has there opinions

Reply #311953 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Pants and classy shirt for coaches would be best.

Reply #311970 | Report this post

pwned  
Years ago

I was actually talking to my girlfriend about this while watching the kings-6ers game on Sunday. I thought Robilliard looked really trashy with his collared shirt unbuttoned down to his chest, I thought either with a collar wear a tie, or wear a polo. In between kinda looks like he stopped past the bar on the way home from the office.

Reply #311975 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

Surely Moose and Henry (or any teams coaching staff) should be in the same uniform?

At least the commentators now wear matching shirts, ties and jackets. Last years Fox coverage had Gaze and Carfino in different types of striped blue shirts - it looked appalling.

Reply #311997 | Report this post

Bol  
Years ago

Gaze in a Dada shirt would go down a treat.

What about suits, ties n boardies?

Reply #312008 | Report this post

Starks  
Years ago

I'm pretty sure the coaches in the NBA or forbidden from removing their jackets during the game. I'd like to see a classier look from coaching staff. If you're not going to wear a suit then you need a level of unifornmity. I'd prefer to see a polo shirt rather than a business shirt with advertising on the collar. That looks horrible.

Reply #312023 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:07 pm, Thu 18 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754