Mix Master Wipe
Years ago

Basketball Computer Games

Think this been talked about before, but does anyone have a favourite computer Basketball game?

Just been playing Team USA Basketball on my Sega Mega Drive.
This is one disturbing game,former sixers Mike McKay and Phil Smyth both are in the boomers team.
The disturbing thing is that phil has a whole head of hair in the game!
I dont think ive ever seen a picture of the general with a full head of hair!!

Topic #2527 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Anyone else play Lakers vs Celtics when they were kids? It was released in 1989.

It's up for download as "abandonware": Download

Or what about Michael Jordan in Flight?

This one's available for download on the same site.

Reply #28397 | Report this post

Pegs  
Years ago

The best game is DrJ V Bird from the C64 days... Loved it when you shattered the backboard!

Reply #28400 | Report this post

just me  
Years ago

lost my uni fees in nba jam!!!1

Reply #28401 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hahah oh mj in flight was good back in it's day. The graphics were outstanding for it's time. I have an original copy of the game in excellent condition in box and everything :P

I also enjoyed playing nba jam on SNES (which I also have a copy of). And also NBA Hangtime on N64 and Computer (also have a copy of the computer version).

All excellent games for their times :P

I also remember playing flinstones basketball :P

Reply #28403 | Report this post

emcee  
Years ago

what about Arch Rivals? Lewis could shhot the lights out!

Reply #28404 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Lakers v Celtics was gold!!! Use to remember giving it a hammering at school during lunch.

Classic stuff......

damn really showing my age.

Reply #28410 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

what are the controls for lakers vs celtics isacc?

Reply #28417 | Report this post

Jonno  
Years ago

Basketball computer games rule, my favourites are any of the games from the NBA Live Series, ive got several dating back to 96, geesh has it changed since then

Reply #28421 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#28417 check the read.me it explains all

Reply #28422 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

Lakers vs Celtics was amazing....the fact that anywhere within 20ft Kareem would skyhook had me passing to him every time!

These days I'm cranking NBA Live 2005 on the PC. Awesome stuff.

Reply #28423 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Strewth, Lakers v Celtics looks good in colour. I had the CGA version (4 colours - black, white, light teal and purple) ..... and I too loved Kareem. Give him the ball anywhere within the 3-point line and he'd skyhook for 2 points.

Reply #28431 | Report this post

mr clutch  
Years ago

definatley nba jam tournament edition on the mega drive

Reply #28439 | Report this post

Isaac, how do you get the lakers vs celtics game to run on new PCs. Have to ask as I need some old school entertainment.

I'm getting an error message.

error 2003: Integer divide by 0

Reply #28454 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Not sure, haven't tried. Have a look around that site -- I think there is an app called DOSBox that you have to get to emulate older computers.

Reply #28457 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

Moses - EGA all the way baby! Jordan dunked it from the foul line in that game, like 4 different spins and pumps!

Reply #28467 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Run n Gun from the arcades and that shaq pinball machine not too shabby....still playin run n gun on mame.

Reply #28468 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Run and Gun was awesome. Used to go to Twighlight Zone at Glenelg and blow all my change on it.

NBA Hang Time on N64. Vlade Divac and George Zidek tore it up. Massive hook shots from the foul line, and little finger rolls by George Muresan.

Reply #28525 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

also bulls v blazers. Lakers/celtics was classic though.

Reply #28535 | Report this post

gertrude  
Years ago

lakers vs celtics, if im remembering correctly, you can only get a buzzer beater up if there was 2 seconds left. that game is pure gold.

Reply #28575 | Report this post

m  
Years ago

Back in school, my mates and I loved NBA Jam so much we stole an arcade version from a Deli, ahhhh those were the days

Reply #28579 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

World League Basketball on Super Nintendo. If no1 was between you and the basket, you could make a shot from anywhere on the floor!

Reply #28585 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

The new NBA Live on Xbox is great...with the dunk comp and about 20 billion bloody cheats

Reply #28603 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

All the best games have great play-a-bility. Graphics are good, but original NBA Jam has stood the test of time

Reply #28611 | Report this post

statue of liberty  
Years ago

In the Zone 2!!!!

Only stopped playing in the other day.

NBA street 1 on ps2 for the blocks. That game was a stress reliever. Anyone played number 3?

Reply #28678 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

at the mo nba 2k5 i think is the best going around. or inside drive if it was up to date.

Reply #28679 | Report this post

Glenn  
Years ago

With Kenny Skye Walker winning the dunk comps and Trent Tucker winning 3 point comps how could u not go past the Knicks in Lakers vs Celtics

Reply #44843 | Report this post

Borgs  
Years ago

Some ups for the Lakers vs. Celtics game. It was also my introduction to, not just computer games, but the NBA in general. There's a version of this game found on Wikipedia with screenshots, too. I don't think it's the same game, though. I became a Utah Jazz fan because the yellow-haired (?) Stockton was as pure a shooter as there was in the game, and K. Malone dunked from anywhere near the key.

Reply #117072 | Report this post

mubasher  
Years ago

i want free basketballs games

Reply #159630 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:46 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754