aussie boomers
Years ago

NBL fan survey - please complete

Everyone please take the time to complete the below survey. The NBL want to know your thoughts and opinions on the league. Tell everyone you know that follows the NBL to fill it out. Spread the word. Thanks.

http://www.nbl.com.au/fans/fan-survey/

Topic #25277 | Report this topic

manute bol  
Years ago

I just did it. The first question relating to how you feel about other sporting leagues doesn't include the NRL (the second most followed league in Australia), that's a bit of a boo boo.

It's also quite an insular survey without letting the 'fans' have their own say too much if in fact there was ever consideration about changing how the game is run and marketed.

I was able to discuss how none of my friends who arent basketball fans go to games because they dont like the cost of beer and how they need to line up for half an hr for overpriced, crap beer.

Reply #313289 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Back from the dead Manute!?

Reply #313327 | Report this post

imnoballer  
Years ago

10 minutes to complete - bullshirt

why do they need to know how much you earn a year

why worry about what other sports we watch or play

its supposed to be about making NBL experience better

cant see how

but I did complete it in 1/2 an hour and then couldnt
make any slight corrections - waste of time really

Reply #313329 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

If it's the same survey pushed out after the Adelaide-Cairns game, it's all about them getting info to take to sponsors and potential sponsors.

Reply #313335 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I did it, it wasn't too bad really

Reply #313342 | Report this post

HoldenV8  
Years ago

It was similar Issac but not the same.

The one thing I put up was that the NBL and iinet could do something similar to what the NBL do on their website in conjunction with Bigpond. There you can go and watch games (that are on Fox or Channel 9) one or two days after the game has happened. In the past 3 years I have managed to watch just about every Manly Sea Eagles game played in the NRL where I normally wouldn't as I gave up Foxtel 7 years ago. The NBL could do that allowing fans to see their team play when not at home and the game isn't televised on ONE HD. It would also give any fans the league has overseas the chance to see games.

Imagine getting to see the 36ers play every away game without having to miss out because ONE is showing a different game? Our last 3 home games were ignored by ONE and if you're a 36ers fan living interstate you don't get to see them play unless you come to Adelaide.

Games don't always have to have commentary but the "local" commentators not used by ONE that day could fill the void. Brett Maher and Corey Wingard could easily do commentary for 36ers games not on ONE, be they at home or on the road.

Would that work for people? It would mean we all (not just Adelaide fans) get to see our teams play full games rather than 1 or 2 minute highlights.

Reply #313355 | Report this post

HoldenV8  
Years ago

Oh, and just to add, games shown on ONE could also be shown on the NBL or iinet websites, just with a 1 or 2 day delay. It would work and it could potentially get more people watching the NBL. The more who watch and enjoy, the more likely they will actually attend games. It would be nice to see BMC filled with 7,800 fans at every home game like it used to be when it was the Clipsal Powerhouse.....then again team performance has a lot to do with that also.

Reply #313360 | Report this post

Tweet Tweet  
Years ago

I took the survey and I was heaps honest. In fact, I ripped the league a new one. I figured someone needs to tell them that it isn't all cherry pie. I'd expect attendance to be up next seson.

Reply #313387 | Report this post

aussie boomers  
Years ago

What exactly did you say?

Reply #313478 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:50 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754