Bball fan
Years ago

Will Patty Mills get traded?

Will Patty Mills get traded once his contract expires at the end of the season? I hope not! He has become a fan favorite however he has been getting no love in the past few games.

Topic #25301 | Report this topic

Hopscotch  
Years ago

At the end of the season his contract is finished, which means he will be an unrestricted free agent.

ie can sign anywhere. Doesnt need to be traded.

Reply #313723 | Report this post

Bobby Tables  
Years ago

It's hard to say whether any other teams will pursue him. Obviously I'm biased and think he definitely deserves to be a backup PG and then groomed into a starting role; but I'm also aware that some of the areas he needs to improve (careless fouls, turnovers, defense) could be off-putting for other teams.

One thing that could work in his favour is if the CBA severely reduces team salary caps, teams could be looking to pick up inexpensive players to fill the bench.

Reply #313735 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Has 10 points, an assist and a steal in 7 minutes today.

I think the Blazers will re-sign him. All articles I've read on him are praising of his work ethic, talent and locker room presence and attitude. His team mates love him, as do the fans.

He has shown he can play at NBA level, and excel is spurts. Probably just needs to slow his game down a bit, watch tapes of Chris Paul - use his quickness as a weapon, not a 100% of the time thing.

Reply #313742 | Report this post

Bobby Tables  
Years ago

13 points on 5-5 shooting today, 1 steal and 3 fouls. Not only that, he had a +14 for the game, Wallace had +2 and every else was in the negative.

Bloody McMillan should've kept him on, Batum and Mathews gave them nothing today...

Reply #313761 | Report this post

Skud  
Years ago

Probaly the smartest comment Ive read about Mills

"Probably just needs to slow his game down a bit, watch tapes of Chris Paul - use his quickness as a weapon, not a 100% of the time thing."

Completely agree with you TheDoctor

Reply #313833 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

with mcmillan staying on as coach I'd say that they will keep him for at least another season or 2 as they seem to like what he does , it really depends on what they do with miller, as long as he keeps hitting shots and can improve his d , mills will be around for a few more years yet !!

Reply #313982 | Report this post

Bullsfan  
Years ago

Bulls were interested at the start of the season if Portland waived him they would had signed him. Portland end up waiving Cunningham instead so the Bulls were left with John Lucas III.

Reply #314064 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:34 am, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754