Phantom
Years ago

NBL Media/TV Award a joke

Interesting write up by Boti today in the 'Tiser.

I agree that it is a absolute disgrace that Lennon cant win this award again. What is the use of having the NBL Media Award if it does include all the media people that had something to do with the NBL through out the season.

Boti's write up.

FOX camera-man/producer Lennon Cooper won't be winning his third NBL TV award in a row this season which should be embarrassing for the league.

Now that free-to-air TV on One-HD and Ten own the basketball rights, no doubt someone from that network will be taking home the award.

I understand (and deplore) the politics of it but there's no way anything this year can match Cooper's "The Golden Era" of the 36ers of the 1980s.

It was an epic undertaking and is the best documentary on NBL basketball produced in this country ... obviously provided you don't include some of the home videos of our early imports.

(I only mean their touristy ones - not the hiking-through-beaver-country in Tasmania either - Cal. No need to launch a campaign or anything.)

Topic #25306 | Report this topic

DJ Rod  
Years ago

i was pissed that they didn't have a best podcast award when Rillie and I had one... i THINK we were the only one :)

Reply #313825 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:11 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754