Do they present any others?

Topic #25309 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Brett Maher Most Improved Trophy??

Reply #313883 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

There are a few good men vying for these awards. Looking at the stats and the Index of Success points, for the MVP, the Index points throw up the following:

Ballinger (615) Holmes (479) Johnson (385) Hill (372) Carter (338) Shannon (329) Dowdell (223) Creek (185) Bruce (140) Daly (40)

MVP: You would think that the mix would be Ballinger / Holmes / Johnson. Shannon had a burst early, then dropped off the pace and without a full season is probably not in the running. Ballinger most likely to make room on his mantlepiece.

Most Improved: Hot favourite would be Johnson. Hill would be yapping at his heels.

Defensive Player: I expect the mix would be Holmes / Carter / Dowdell / Bruce. Smart money on Holmes, but if you're a betting man, drop a lazy $50 on JD.

Best Club Man: Of the players, Bruce, Holmes and Carter might be in contention. They seem to be natural leaders in the group. Creek and Dowdell could be the smokies for some behind the scenes stuff.

Reply #313884 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Most improved - wasn't awarded last year, and I don't think is on the cards again this year.

Club man - won't be a player.

Reply #313885 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

MVP: Ballinger
Defensive: Holmes or Carter
MIP (if it exists): Johnson or Hill
Club Man: Holmes, or Kimber again?

Reply #313891 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ballinger will get MVP and Johnson Best Defensive Player, Club Man award will be to someone other than a player.

Reply #313892 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Johnson best defensive player? I don't exactly think that's Johnson's strength...

Reply #313896 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

My Bad LC brain and hands not working together. Meant Ballinger to win MVP with Johnson second and I think Holmes and Carter will be really close for BDP

Reply #313898 | Report this post

Coopz  
Years ago

MVP: Balls
DEF: I'd take carter. But if def reb's are taken into account, Jacob.
MIP: I think Hill, as he was a 36er last year, which makes it a little easier to see the improvement. But DJ a worthy winner as well.
Best Club Man: Dean Parker or Paul Bonsor

Does the NBL still give the best hands award or whatever it was that D-Mac won like 50 of?

Reply #313907 | Report this post

Ineedmore  
Years ago

I'd like to put my selections forward but I'm still going through Isaacs + and - . I should be ready by next Wednesday.

Reply #313920 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Johnson improved from the start to the end of the year, but if the comparison is to last year he didnt really improve at all.

Reply #313926 | Report this post

Observer  
Years ago

Balls MVP No doubt.
Defensive will go to Holmes or Dowdell
Club Man Carter.

Reply #313950 | Report this post

Spur  
Years ago

Most Improved Trophy - Johnson
MVP Award - Ballinger
Best Defensive Player - Carter
Club Man Award - Carter

Reply #313966 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Missed dunk of the year brad hill

Reply #313968 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Confirmed:

Three awards will be awarded at tonight's Hahn Super Dry MVP Awards Night, which is taking place at the Hotel Grand Chancellor on Hindley Street from 7:30pm.

No most improved.

Reply #313972 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Club person and best defensive payer awards will be awarded at approx 9pm and mvp will be announced at approx 10.45

Reply #313976 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Carter for best defensive player.

I'm sorry to hate but can anyone name another player that is either a forward or center that is considered a great defensive player whom only got 2 blocks for the season like Holmes did? I'm sure opponents are very fearful of shooting over him.

Reply #313979 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

give it to the supporters for putting up with another season

Reply #313980 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

MVP: Ballinger
BDP: Holmes
Club: Kimber

Reply #314008 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:40 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754