atlast
Years ago

NBA MVP?

Who will the MVP go to. Nash or Shaq. Deep down we all know it's going to be nash

Topic #2531 | Report this topic

Bizzy  
Years ago

I'm hoping Nash wins it.....he's an awesome player to watch.

I wouldn't mind seeing big Dirk winning it though!!

Reply #28478 | Report this post

J Bags  
Years ago

KG will take it home again. He takes home a double double home near every game, can play defense, and is the intensity king!

Nash can't play D, and is on a team that would be leading the league even if he wasn't there. If anyone from Phoenix was gonna win the MVP it would be Marion. He is above Nash on more statistical catagories and especially on Efficiency. There is alot of hype about nash. Trade him to the Hawks and see how he goes.

Nash's bag ain't go no MVP trophy in it.

Reply #28541 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Bags, Phoenix had almost the same team last year and were not leading the L.

Nash drops dimes like a poker machine addict with holes in his pockets.

I think if Duncan had not been injured it would have been MVP again for Mr Timothy.

My money is on Diesel.

Reply #28544 | Report this post

J Bags  
Years ago

Not disputing his passing ability, he is leading the league in assists by a mile. I'm just saying that he can't and won't win an MVP award. Period!

IS that a blunt object in your bag?

Reply #28545 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

jbags i forgot where Minny is placed? Can you refresh? And Nashs team? They are not going to give the award to KG on his reputation. He has truely not deserved it. Give it to someone who has taken their team to the finals at least. Shaq, Wade, Nash even AI. There is as a lot more worthy winners than KG. Its not all about the stats!!

Reply #28546 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

AI has had a good season. I hate Shaq, but he has dominated the L again this year.

KG won't win if his team don't make playoffs, and it looks like they will just miss out.

Nash is in there with a chance. But J-Bags, it isn't in the bag, so don't bag me.

Reply #28549 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Diesel or Nash for MVP. KG, nup can't see him winning it due to the poor season the Wolves are having.

MVP and team records seem to go hand-in-hand (don't necessarily agree with that).

The Suns are average when Nash is out.

Here is the list of past MVP's, and I could not find one player that won the MVP that's team were borderline playoffs in that year.

1977-78 - Bill Walton, Portland
1978-79 - Moses Malone, Houston
1979-80 - Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, LAL
1980-81 - Julius Erving,76ers
1981-82 - Moses Malone, Houston
1982-83 - Moses Malone, 76ers
1983-84 - Larry Bird, Boston
1984-85 - Larry Bird, Boston
1985-86 - Larry Bird, Boston
1986-87 - Magic Johnson, LAL
1987-88 - Michael Jordan, Chicago
1988-89 - Magic Johnson, LAL
1989-90 - Magic Johnson, LAL
1990-91 - Michael Jordan, Chicago
1991-92 - Michael Jordan, Chicago
1992-93 - Charles Barkley, Phoenix
1993-94 - Hakeem Olajuwon, Houston
1994-95 - David Robinson, Spurs
1995-96 - Michael Jordan, Chicago
1996-97 - Karl Malone, Utah Jazz
1997-98 - Michael Jordan, Chicago
1998-99 - Karl Malone, Utah Jazz
1999-00 - Shaquille O'Neal, LAL
2000-01 - Allen Iverson, 76ers
2001-02 - Tim Duncan, Spurs
2002-03 - Tim Duncan, Spurs
2003-04 - Kevin Garnett, Wolves

Reply #28550 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

good point TR...thats why im giving my vote to Big Shaq Daddy!

Reply #28600 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

nash or iverson.nash is the suns offence and floor general.iverson is the sixers everything.

Reply #28633 | Report this post

J Bags  
Years ago

Doc you should have a sight test and a second opinion! I haven't bagged a thing you have said.

You are right, KG probly won't win if it does only go with the team that will make it well into the playoffs.

As I said in my first post on this is that if anyone from Phoenix gets it, it will likely be MArion or Stoudimire.

My tip after the past weeks of this season is that Iverson is making a big play for it, and I now have my money on him.

KG is by far and away the best player in the league, and this moment. His team isn't winning but he is having an equivelant year as to what he had last year. The only difference is his BPG is down by 40%.

Anonymous, the www.nba.com web site has all the standings on it. If you would like to check where teams are place in this years NBA season please go there.

I'm packing my computer bag and going home.

Reply #28819 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:49 am, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754