Thoughts?

Topic #25320 | Report this topic

Hg  
Years ago

Wrong on both counts with centrals finishing last

Reply #314022 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

If DJ and Creek play all games for South I think they will be at least 3rd. Not too many 7 foot centers out there that will be as quick as Johnson to be able to guard him.

Reply #314027 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

In the ABL, would anyone come close to him? If Cooper is playing, he might have a chance, but who else?

Reply #314030 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Sturt women too strong and will get MP. Tess to add the extra dimension. Eagles 2nd. I think Norwood women are up too high. Probably a 3rd or 4th. IMO they will rely on Herrick and Foley with Talbot being the 3rd wheel in the equation. They have a simple offense plan which is easy to pick, but will baffle some coaches who don't watch carefully.
Mavs women definitely wooden spooners.
South women a bit high for me.

Norwood will be MP's. Sturt, West.
Battle for 4th and 5th will be on. South should be in one of those spots, Mavs in other. Eagles will finish out at 6th despite Rasheed. Eagles will look for % boosting games against Tigers, Lions and Woodville Cougars, but will finish out.

Reply #314033 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

As an aside, for the women's teams, the player stats indicate the following:

Height: Tallest - Norwood, Shortest - Woodville
Games: West, least Mavs
FG% Norwood --> Centrals
3P% Southern --> West
FT% Norwood --> Mavs
Pt's Norwood --> Centrals

Reply #314036 | Report this post

anony  
Years ago

Woodville men to finish min 5-6th!!!

Reply #314047 | Report this post

Correct about Mavs women Jack. Mahony will outscore Beatty and wilson both games. Mavs to finish last.

Reply #314049 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nothing to do with the fact your not an assistant at Eastern this year right Pickles?

Reply #314066 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think you will find eagles women have a 193cm player is this shorter than flames

Reply #314080 | Report this post

No, not at all, anon.

FYI, at end of last game last season, coach and some players were informed of my decision to step aside due to work and family reasons.

I'll let tonight's result speak for itself.

Reply #314083 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tigers to finsh below woodville?? tough call there after their performance tonight against Eagle's and if they bring that attitude to every game they would be looking at maybe 6th!!

Reply #314090 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Haha, the thing you forget is forestville won't be that good this year. Wait unitll Southern plays some tougher opponents first. Like maybe Norwood next week. Im tippin Norwood by 20-30.

Reply #314123 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

big odd there anon....
yes norword may have the names and the skill btu tigers have got the heart and pride to play 4 qtrs and give norwood and good run

Reply #314160 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

oh missed one thing out, eagles predicted top 3 team so not very good?? ok then

Reply #314161 | Report this post

Wam Soosnam  
Years ago

Amazed that there is no discussion of Centrals women's teams defeat of South Adelaide?

With Eastern being well below standard I can see just the 1 win could take them off the bottom.

I think they could win a few games this year, with Eastern and Woodville possible scalps.

Good pick up getting Kimberly Olsen from Norwood.

Reply #314216 | Report this post

noname  
Years ago

Women)
1. West
2. Sturt
3. Norwood
4. Forestville
5. Southern
6. North
7. Centrals
8. South
9. Woodville
10. Mavs

Men)
1. Norwood
2. Sturt
3. Eastern
4. Forestville
5. West
6. Woodville
7. South
8. North
9. Southern
10. Centrals

Reply #317032 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:55 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754