Oden08
Years ago

Heat's Big Three - Trade One?

If Miami fail in the playoffs should the Heat try and trade one of their Big 3? Who should go?

How about LeBron to NJ for Deron and Lopez?

Or Bosh to Phoenix for Nash, Frye and Gortat?

Any thoughts?

Topic #25350 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

LeBron to the 36ers in exchange for the Dome.

Reply #314319 | Report this post

Jonno  
Years ago

I'd give it atleast another year personally but if it doesnt work next year or so and if their are chemistry problems within the group on or off the court then id consider trading LeBron James, even though he is my favourite player, he may end up being too similar to Wade, who should be a Heat for life.

I would consider the Deron trade mentioned above, but id be aiming for someone like Dwight Howard from Orlando for LeBron personally, given LeBron is the better player and Orlando have dropped off a bit they may be happy to do that and re-tool around LeBron.

Reply #314320 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

If Miami fail in the playoffs should the Heat try and trade one of their Big 3?

There's about as much chance of that happening as there is of the 36ers signing Kobe next season. It was always going to pose a problem getting the best out of each of the big three, stuff like that takes time to there's no way the Heat should (or would even consider) trading any of the Big 3 until they've had at least 3 seasons to get it together.

They've shown plenty of promise at times and if I'm not mistaken are in a battle for 2nd seed in the East, why would you even consider disrupting that at this stage?

Reply #314354 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

Miami should trade Bosh for Bogut straight up

Reply #314364 | Report this post

Jake  
Years ago

I agree MW - would loev to see it.

Reply #314378 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

Pfft, Chicago should trade Boozer and Brewer for Wade and give Chicago the ultimate Backcourt. Boozer's been as useful as a trap door in a canoe.

Wade has a better chance of winning a title with Chicago than Miami.

Reply #314387 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Do not want Wade at Chicago, he had that chance, he said no, piss off then.

What are you talking about re Boozer?
17.9 pts 9.4 rebs 2.4ast. Low post presence when needed, just poor screen and roll defense.

Bit more useful than that trap door I think.

Reply #314389 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Probably a bit early Oden, but its a valid thought if things don't work out in time. I could be proven wrong (especially now that Ainge has traded KG's bodyguard Perk) but I think Miami will fall short of Boston and Chicago this season.

The question for them will then be how to afford the right complementary pieces under the new collective bargaining agreement.

That could be quite tough, since Miami's big three already chew through $43 mill of this year's $58 mill cap. Next year, when the cap is expected to come down significantly, the Heat still exceed $60 mill with just the big 3, Miller, Haslem and Anthony's contracts.

IF the current mid-level exception and bi-annual exceptions remain next season, the Heat can try to get help that way, but its usually not enough to get starter quality centres or point guards unless they are past the peak of their powers (ie Sheed, Shaq & Jermaine with Boston).

If they can't get the help they need, the only assets they have that would bring what is needed in trade are the big 3, so eventually I could see one being traded.

Long way off yet though. In the next 2 years, no team is going to spend more time scouring the D League than Miami!

Reply #314392 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Trade Bosh Spice for Sporty Spice.

Reply #314403 | Report this post

Spur  
Years ago

billo, all i read there was "36ers signing Kobe next season"

It was a touch of excitement before going 'oh wait, the other 4 players on the court will never, ever, ever get the ball'

Reply #314404 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

Miami need a defensive centre who can rebound and block...makes sense to go for Bogut and give up Bosh and a draft pick or something similar

Reply #314412 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

your a dick spur

Reply #314617 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think the Bosh/Bogut trade could of worked possibly last season. This season Bogut has been playing with one arm, he has not been able to shoot with his right hand his shooters hand and they will have to wait till after the surgery to see if bogut can recover fully from the horrible injury he suffered against Phoenix. So your answer for a possible trade for Bogut for Bosh would be a Hell NO! I'm not sure Bosh is the problem anyway. Lebron James and dwanie Wade are both Slashers so they don't seem to mesh as well. Bosh's only complaint has been he's not getting enough touches, their was no critism of his game not fitting in with wade and lebron.

Reply #315536 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:03 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754