LC
Years ago

NCAA Championship Game: Butler vs UConn

Today Butler take on UConn in the NCAA Division I Championship game.

The game is being broadcast live on ESPN via Foxtel or you can watch online for free via CBS's feed that can be access via ncaa.com

What are your predictions?

I think Kemba Walker will step up when it counts and carry the Huskies on his back as they win the Championship. For Butler, it is bridesmaid time yet again as much as I would love to see them win.

Topic #25351 | Report this topic

LC  
Years ago

Reply #314333 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

LC - why the random 9:23 starting time?

Reply #314340 | Report this post

Outsider  
Years ago

Huge block by smith, butler nee start either making some three's or stop shooting them if they want to be in this game.

Reply #314351 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Hey LC, I'm watching the game now. I know nothing about either team, though I do vaguely remember Kemba Walker from a previous season.

Interesting that commentary team gave the edge to Butler in the pre-game analysis.

Judging by the first few minutes, Connecticut are getting the better looks (Lamb in particular) but need to start dropping mid-range jumpers to draw the D out.

Butler have had a couple of fast break chances, but their guard is struggling with Uconn's size so far and has blown the shots. Other than that, they seem to be settling for long threes. Does not bode well if that is the only trick up their sleeve!

Reply #314352 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

That was a big block from Smith. Funny that the scorers somehow missed it. Just looked at the boxscore and Butler hasn't been credited with any blocks! Prett easy play to miss LOL

Reply #314353 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Butler has made ONE two point field goal and leads by 3 at the half!

Pretty good D being played by both teams. It's funny, because the Huskies look a little more capable of creating good offence, but they haven't been able to finish the job by making the bucket.

Butler, on the other hand, just seem able to seize the few chances they get.

Barkley laying down the smack for the first half performance of both teams!

Reply #314356 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Starting time would have something to do with the TV scheduling and a national audience I would think but not entirely sure about that 3 minute extra!

I can't watch the game live but am following live stats online from work.

Interesting first half by all accounts in a very low-scoring affair.

I still reckon UConn will get the win although I still want Butler to win!

Reply #314358 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Here come UConn...

Reply #314361 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

I lost interest in the 2nd half. Butler couldn't make any shots and the Huskies stepped it up. Connecticut clearly the better team. Not a final to remember though. Kemba Walker the only player on either team who will have an impact in the NBA.

Reply #314370 | Report this post

Outsider  
Years ago

Well very disappointing game, was not one that i will remember, unlike last years. Still wish that VCU were in the final over Butler

Reply #314372 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

In a way I'm glad I wasn't watching it...the shooting percentages look horrible.

Reply #314375 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Awful game. Good desicion by Majok to go pro this year, has had a massive impact as a professional all around the world.

Reply #314377 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:32 am, Sat 30 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754