Simon
Years ago

Spineless Crocs

Well the Crocs were just embarrassing against a Taipans team ready to play finals basketball after a tough game the previous night.

Joe Blake was on fire especially with his Captain Stupido mannequin...

No doubt as they always do in T'ville the week will be full of bravado about winning at home this week.

Last night was the time to show some ticker and they came up VERY short in the heart department!

Topic #25383 | Report this topic

KingJames  
Years ago

Townsville really lost momentuem in that last regular season game which they loss on purpose. They should have lost that game putting up a good fight instead they got smashed by 16 giving Cairns a lot of confidence.

So in the first game of the playoffs Townsville just won it but struggled to put them away. In the second game Cairns with all the momentuem just blew them away.

Townsville better come up with something really good in the final game otherwise their great season has been wasted. Townsville have all the pressure on them while Cairns has nothing to lose. It would be a great game to watch.

Reply #314902 | Report this post

Fizzle  
Years ago

KJ that last game of the regular season had nothing to do with the result last night. And in GM1 they did have an 11 point lead and were rolling. Cairns just made big shots all over the place which kept them in it.

As for the 2nd quarter last night, that has happened numerous times before this season to the Crocs, thats the issue, play one bad quarter in finals ball and its done. They will win game 3, at home, i believe they will play 4 quarters, that swamp will be at capacity.

Reply #314903 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

It had to do with momentum. Cairns confidence is up. Do you think they would be as confidence if they had won the regular season game by 1 and had not dominated the game?

Crocs will win game 3 at home like you said they would win game 2? :P The odds are they will most likely win but it wouldn't surprise me if Cairns can win it.

Reply #314906 | Report this post

KDog  
Years ago

Would have been great to see the Crocs win it in 2, but were always going to be up against it facing a more desperate team with everything to lose playing at home. That's why home court advantage is so important, Crocs to finish the job next week. Go Crocs!

Reply #314912 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

Rusty Hinder made a post game comment on Friday night about not knowing how they would back up the following night in Cairns.

We now know.

Reply #314916 | Report this post

Steve cairns  
Years ago

I think Cairns will win next week . I would have preferred to play on Wednesday to keep the pressure on but can Townsville regroup by Sunday . I was disappointed we didn't keep at it last night and beat them by 30-40. Townsville was simply beat by a better team .

Reply #314917 | Report this post

DJ Rod  
Years ago

This is why we play a regular season... To get home court advantage when the playoffs are here!

Teams have just done what they were supposed to do so far; win at home.

Reply #314919 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nice heading on the thread. One hd showing the game a day late, try making the header crocs vs taipans game 2 SPOILER
Guess I should stay off hoops when I don't want to know the result. Thanks to blokes like you with no brains. Why not make the heading taipans smash the crocs you dick

Reply #314921 | Report this post

Kingjames  
Years ago

Anonymous at least the title saved you wasting your time

Reply #314924 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Somehow I managed to avoid knowing the result of last nite's game and watch it 'live' today and watch NZ and Perth live, also.
I cain't help it ... if I'm lucky.

Ron Dorsey looked pretty good in the third.
Subbed out of course.
Most times , I think of Dorsey as a 36er.
The desultory performance by Cairns in the fourth, with Crocs playing their bench surprised me.

Reply #314925 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

The 8 day lay off makes it interesting as both sides will be fresh - not quite sure why the 8 days? Both sides should be playing game 3 Wed & thurs. Must be stadium availability? Cairns have been the better side so far & i'm expecting a beauty! Great fightback from NZ also - basketball alive & kicking baby!!!!

Reply #314938 | Report this post

Bball fan  
Years ago

Being a Crocs fan, I would have to agree with the post. Only PC and Rosell showed some ticker. Hinder and Cedar too busy complaining. Cedar played crap and still gets big minutes in the first three quarters. High 5 to the bench in the 4th, they showed the starters how to play with heart! We need a big turn around to close the serious......I hope we do!

Reply #314959 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Some (Gaze) think there are too many subs in a 40 minute game. Would like to see more of the better players.
Pre-planned , obdurate subs ... I just get bored.
In retrospect , I think Goorjian , 48 minute game,
ran those playing better at that game a little longer.

Reply #314964 | Report this post

DJ Rod  
Years ago

i've being saying that for years! way too many subs and playing all 10 players is sometimes too much.

Athletes should not need rest after 5, 6, 7 mins of game time... and should be able to play 30-35 mins a night seeing as we only have 1 game per week!

Reply #314968 | Report this post

DJ Rod  
Years ago

i've being saying that for years! way too many subs and playing all 10 players is sometimes too much.

Athletes should not need rest after 5, 6, 7 mins of game time... and should be able to play 30-35 mins a night seeing as we only have 1 game per week!

Reply #314969 | Report this post

Ineedmore  
Years ago

I have to say the first crocs v taipans was an absolutely horrible game to watch, painful.
Thank goodness for the last four minutes, even though Steve Carfino was screaming his stupid head off trying to put some feeling into such a bad game, otherwise it may have been one of the all time classic bad games in my opinion.

Reply #314984 | Report this post

lionel  
Years ago

Gaze would say that his Dad rarely subbed ran his first five for 40 of 48 minutes with the other few minutes being shared between 6 & 7 players 8,9,10 were there to wave the towels and go on if players 1-7 fouled off or were injured.

Somewhere in between that and Clarke's ten on before 1/4 time would be a good thing

Reply #314985 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

Crocs and Taipans games are always fairly low scoring. But I disagree, I thought it was a great game to watch, and the last quarter and overtime in particular were classics.

Reply #314986 | Report this post

lionel  
Years ago

I am a tad confused I am reading this as

a) Johnson outstayed his welcome and players like Tess etc were moving because of him.

b) Wilson shafted Johnson got the gig but the players left anyway?

c) left with no Madgen and little in the way of experienced players Wilson said it was all too hard and something I never wanted to do anyway?

OR

did JOhnson have support of his players and wilson did hatchet job on him and when Johnson moved on the players did too?

Reply #314987 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Could've been titled 'game 2 '
I've enjoyed watching these 4 teams.
Dorsey might be a gamebreaker.
Would he become vegetablelike here.
Fans knew nearly every first quarter Clarke sub...
.... who n when.

Reply #314997 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:41 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754