Jack Toft
Years ago

R3 ABL Action

Mavs-Flames @ Mt Barker
Women: Not a case of who will win, but how much. The benchmark is 122 (+81), so the Flamettes should see anything less than this as a failure if they want to be seen as number 1. I'm not too sure if the Mavs 202 cm centre has landed, but this season will be a long one without her. Flames in for a % booster. The Mavs will soon find out what’s deadlier? Jess Foley’s game, or a night out on the town with Kevin Foley.
Men: This will be the Mavs third tough game in as many weeks. Brad Hill was in fine form with 39 points against Sturt and the Mavs look on fire with a team chock-a-block with NBL talent. (Is Ben playing?) Norwood with plenty in the tank after a Sunday afternoon jaunt last week, but will need to shoot better than 29% to have any chance against Mavs. Men’s MOTR this one. It’s the battle of the Brads in the coaching department. Better get the best umpires up there, 'cos one bad call might cost the game. Davo might have just a bit more cunning to make those crucial plays count. Flip a coin.

North-West @ Hillcrest
Women: Both teams enter undefeated, so this should be a good game. Women’s MOTR. Both teams shooting about the same standard, but West inaccurate in the 3 Pt department. The rest of their play is about the same on paper, except West with more TO’s, but more steals suggesting a team more willing to take a gamble and be aggressive. It is that willingness to take a risk that may just be the difference tonight and see Westies celebrate.
Men: North is yet to open their ledger for the season. West got the job done against Lions, but missed the "big back of rocks". Would be a great game if both Rhys and Jeffrey (wash your hands Jeffrey, with the solvol Jeffrey) are playing for their teams. I am leaning towards West to have the more physical presence on court and to send North into the wilderness for another week to live off locusts and wild honey.

Tigers-Warriors @ Southern Siberia
Women: Tigeresses backed up a great R1 with a shocker by shooting badly, no very badly. Woodville are currently the deadliest from the stripe, but lead the comp in TO’s. Both teams are young and keen so providing the Tigers have been practicing their shots, this will be another tight game. Difficult to see a clear advantage either way if things go well for both teams, but I think the home team should prevail in a tight win.
Men: Tigers didn’t throw bricks last round, they threw cinder blocks. Woodville suffered from the “Forestville rash” last Saturday night. If the Tigers want to take one hand off the wooden spoon, they need to go into the room of mirrors for a good look and come out shooting. If Woodville want to be taken seriously as a finals contender they need to ice this game from the tip off and keep Charlie Sheen at bay. This won’t be the prettiest game this round and will be decided on turnovers and poor shooting. “Centrals Lite” might just have the edge.

Lions-Sabres @ Northern Siberia
Women: Lionesses showed grit in R1, but shot horribly in R2 (0/11 3P & 28% FG) to hand West an easy win. You need to shoot well if you want to win games. Sturt enjoyed the luxury of a training session in R2 and have Madgen and Seekamp on fire from the floor. Sturt have the lowest TO’s in the league and are rebounding better than the Lions through Maycock and Bowley. Mahoney has provided an extra dimension to the Lions, but Sturt’s consistent shooting will be the difference tonight. Wonder what reception Tess will receive?
Men: Lions are like MacGyver. They see a lot of action, get into a bit of strife, but never quite get the girl (the win). Plenty of shots, good rebounds, low turnovers, so why aren’t they winning? Could be more aggression is needed. A low steal rate and low FT rate could be an indication they need to attack the ball carrier more, and when they have it, drive it to the rack. Sturt winless after 2 rounds? What the? Can’t see them going 0-3 and they will be ready to explode like a zit on a teenager’s back. Jake’s purple pinot pinkies ready to pick off more rebounds than Bowley’ blossoming berries. Sturt to tame the Lions, while Tom Daly attracts the attention of “all the single ladies”. If Darren’s back, he could be “dynamite”.

Eagles-Panthers @ Wayville
Women: South are the 3 point queens at the moment (41%) and are sitting lower on the table than their talent indicates. Forestville backed up well last week against a lower opponent through some excellent 3 Pt shooting from Minear (4/5) and Bow (3/3). This will be tighter than what most people think with the weather forecast being a tsunami of threes around Wayville tonight. Forestville to rain over South.
Men: Rashad all over Warriors last week picking off rebounds like a Summertown orchadist picks apples. Don’t know if DJ is playing yet, but if he is, this is his test. Mitch Creek is providing the Panther faithful with some excitement and may be the lotion to cure the “Forestville Rash” this Saturday night. Pregnant women and people with heart disorders better not attend this ride. Probably equal MOTR - when was the last time that happened to South?

Sun
Mavs-Tigers @ Mt Barker Pleasure Dome
Women: The Tigers might be looking for an easy Sunday afternoon kill, but Mavs will be looking for a surprise win to boost their spirits. They have been completely tenderised by the West / Sturt / Norwood tenderisers in the first rounds and the Mt Barker forest provides good coverage for the Tigeresses to stalk their prey. Tigers to win, but not by the margins we have seen in the previous games.
Men: Brad’s men might get confused when he tells them there’s no training Sunday and they head up river waterskiing, but this is unlikely to happen. Tiger hunting is on and the Hillbilly will be sitting on his elephant directing traffic complete with pith hat and pink gin, tally-ho!

Lions-Flames @ Starplex
Women: Lionesses back up after a tough game to an opponent who should be a fresh as a daisy. Flames riding high and after four games, can’t anyone else pick their offense plan? It seems to simple, yet confuses so many.
Men: The Norwood Giants lumber up to Gawler today knowing they will win the boards. All Webbs needs to do is toss up prayers from downtown. If they miss, there’s always a pair of hands for the tip in. History favours the Flames and on the Starplex savannah this week, that history is unlikely to be re-written.

Topic #25401 | Report this topic

KingJames  
Years ago

As always Jack Toft a great report!

I don't think DJ will be back for another few games. When he is finally in the team it will be hard for any team to beat them! I think South will win this game with Creek shutting down Tucker.

In the North vs West game, if neither Rhys or Jeff play I think North will win it. They pushed South all the way last week and should get the win this week.

For those interested the Head coach for South, Tony Casella will be on Coast FM (88.7) tonight at about 7:15 to talk about the season so far and the under 20's state team.

Reply #315222 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's going to be a very close season with a lot of NBL players in different teams. Forestville are looking too strong for South this week.

Reply #315259 | Report this post

freddles  
Years ago

South men's cheer squad whell get them over the line

Reply #315260 | Report this post

Adman  
Years ago

Can someone please tell me how long an ABL game goes for? and can you buy alchol @ the Hillcrest stadium? Im keen to see my first game @ a rockets game.

Reply #315362 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Adman,

10 min quarters, women start @ 6.30, men start @ 8.15 usually all over around 10 o'clock

Reply #315363 | Report this post

tragic  
Years ago

Yes there is a bar

Reply #315431 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Terrible write up mate, sum of the stuff u say is just stupid!! get down and actually watch a few games jack

Reply #315435 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

anon if you think you can write better then go for it. If you can't then just shut up

Reply #315443 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

south men will win south ladies will have another will lose....

Reply #315445 | Report this post

Hanging Round  
Years ago

Re 435 post-
Your literary skills are amazing!
As King James said "you can't, so shut up.
Great work again Jack

Reply #315447 | Report this post

'A-Nong' posted "Terrible write up mate, sum of the stuff u say is just stupid!! get down and actually watch a few games jack"

How adding to the thread by discussing the comments you take issue with, rather than just sledge from hyper-anonymity?

FYI - I don't think Tess will receive a bad reception at Siberia North tonight, but we'll just have to wait and see.

Womens winners:
Sat night
Nwd (51-60))
West (11-20)
Sthern (11-20)
Sturt (41-50)
Feagles (21-30)
Sun arvo:
Tigers (11-20)
Flames (31-40)

Agree/Disagree?

Reply #315451 | Report this post

Kingjames  
Years ago

Looks like DJ is playing tonight

Reply #315462 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Norwood women by 50ish.
Norwood men by 8. Hill 29, Bruce 26. D Webber 20 @77%, Matthews 18.

Reply #315465 | Report this post

clarky  
Years ago

South Adelaide men went down by 15 to Forestville (95-80 I think it was).

Reffing was pretty inconsistent all game, with South on the receiving end of some tough calls.
Tucker looked to have a pretty quiet game, but came through in key moments for the Eagles (stats show he had a good game though)

Reply #315467 | Report this post

Mr Creek  
Years ago

Clarky we must have been watching different games..

Reply #315470 | Report this post

The Answer  
Years ago

Nearly time to put the screens around the Lady Mavs and put them out of their misery.

I cant even remember the Lionesses ever being this bad.

5 points in a half!!!

Reply #315475 | Report this post

SSTomatin  
Years ago

Westies racked up another double at North last night,both Women and Men have a W ,one each.Each had an away Win.
North lost both times ,each a L for both Men and women team.AT HOME the men and Women @ lost.
I hope I am clear in what Im saying........

Reply #315480 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The Answer, when the club puts all their effort into the men and don't give a ..... about the women thats what happens!

Reply #315482 | Report this post

The Answer  
Years ago

Anon...no doubt about that at all....

Reply #315483 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Eagles deserved to win in the mens game as they put in more effort throughout the whole game and their pressure helped to force South to have 10 more turnovers. With it being DJ's first game south looked a bit out of sync having him in the team but I'm sure they will quickly adjust. Tmac and Isaiah in the first two games averaged a combined 40 points in this game they combined for 5 points.

South looked like at any point in the match they could get the score within a few points but it just wasn't there night which was helped by the two refs in this game whom were absolutely pathetic! Now I understand there will be a few home court calls but to be completely biased was rediculous. There was no consistency in this game whatsoever. It was like they didn't want to make any calls that would upset the Eagles bench and fans. Seriously why should someone as talented as DJ play in our local leagues when he continues to get hit and gets no calls, "Sorry you are 7 foot and a sixer so its unfair so we will only call a couple of calls when they foul you".

In the 4th the umpires tried to do a make up quarter by giving South the advantage on the calls (still no calls for DJ tho) and there was an amazing call which I have never seen happen in a game before. Tucker had the ball in the post and creek knocked it out of his hand so they both went after the ball near the sideline, Tucker was the first to grab it but creek dived to get the ball but missed and ended up taking tuckers legs out Tucker then fell out of bounds with the ball. For a few moments the umpire just stood there not knowing what to call showing his incompetence. It was clearly a foul on Creek IMO. The only other option is it is a South ball if he felt there was no contact and Tucker lost his balance. However instead the Umpire just said it was an Eagles ball. It is not under 10's basketball you can't just call what you think is fair with something that is so blatantly obvious! To make up for that the very next play that eagles had the ball on offense and the ball clearly went off south and this same umpire gave the ball to South.

After watching Tucker last night it is clear that he has the talent to play in the NBL as an import however it was also clear as to why no coach wants him and thats because he still trys to act gangster instead of actually playing the game. Its a shame as he would have been much better then all the imports the sixers had this season.

Reply #315485 | Report this post

rocketeer  
Years ago

Not looking good for the North Men... 0-3 with Norwood, Sturt and Eastern in the next three.

Reply #315486 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is Tucker playing as a import?? If so how does he fit under the salary cap??

Reply #315487 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Seems nothing has changed in refereeing in this state despite the full time employees and big talk from BSA. Last nights forestville south men's game had a wnbl referee double up doing both games last night. He clearly thought he was above both games and had little respect for any of the players involved.

On the women's game he was with a referee clearly not fit and very under done. On the men's was a rookie who's been thrown onto men's games without any apprenticeship and was clearly way out of his depth.

How bad must refereeing numbers be when this situation is allowed to occur.

Reply #315496 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Forrestville refs were rubbish. Clearly in awe of the home crowd or just incompetent. That said, South's ability to butcher the ball will see them struggle to win too many more games. Maybe DJ and Creek ought to recognize that the other guys on the court are not there to play 3 on 5 defense and perhaps use them occasionally instead of jacking up shots at 25%. Maybe watch how Tucker uses the ball to create easy shots for others and ultimately himself. No wonder the sixers can't win a game.

Reply #315498 | Report this post

Crows_fan67  
Years ago

Norwood men over centrals by 30+ at the starplex... Good team win by the flames... Norwood owned the boards as expected... Can't tell if Norwood is that good or if Centrals is that bad, probs a combo of both... Norwood will make finals and centrals coach will be job hunting

Reply #315509 | Report this post

Hg  
Years ago

Lucky whitmore works for an employment agency then isn't it. Should not find it too hard

Reply #315522 | Report this post

The Answer  
Years ago

Crows Fan...this norwood team is pretty much the same team that won the championship 2 seasons ago, and pushed deep into finals last year....yet you cant tell if they are good or not?

time to go back to the footy.

Reply #315527 | Report this post

Crows_fan67  
Years ago

@the answer I was trying to be a bit nice regarding centrals but yeah they are tough and centrals are a div 2 team... I do think that the Carlin kid has potential tho and is a bright spot... And as far as I kno 2 years ago Hambour didnt play for norwood but what do I kno

Reply #315529 | Report this post

Crows_fan67  
Years ago

@Hg, good i'm glad to hear about his job but I thought this was hoops, careers....

Reply #315530 | Report this post

Crows_fan67  
Years ago

***not careers

Reply #315531 | Report this post

Vesta 91  
Years ago

Can see trouble coming at South. With DJ and Creek taking 40 minutes per game in 2 slots, no time left for most of the guys who have been doing the job, sharing the ball to find the open man. Becomes a 2 man show with 9 guys watching two 36ers play. Anyone who does happen to get the ball will probably put up a shot regardless because it might be weeks before they see another one. Expect to see quite a few wonder why they are spending Saturday night getting splinters for a couple of pieces of pizza. Could see 9 new players at South again next year.

Reply #315565 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Did the new guard from o/s play for North and if so how did he look?

Reply #315566 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yea he played.
Did nothing, really small too.

Why would they get an import guard when they already have a team of guards?

Reply #315569 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

North did not go get him (get your facts right ) he aproched North so why not take him when hes playing for free...............

Reply #315585 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

and take time away from your other players who are better anyway, yea good point.

Reply #315586 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

With the eastern Women filling their team with has-beens, were-nots and trouble-makers from other clubs it is unlikely that success will be forthcoming. I will make the call now Eastern will only get a win against woodville or south adelaide. they will be 1 and 17 at seasons end

Reply #315588 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I guess worth the run but if a junior is better then play the junior!!

Reply #315591 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Vesta 91, I don't think that is a problem at all. It is the same at Sturt and Eastern. In fact I think it benefits these players more as they will only get better playing and training against Creek and DJ. Also South's shooters would be even more confident to shoot it knowing DJ is in there. South has a great coach and will make sure team basketball is played.

Reply #315592 | Report this post

eep  
Years ago

There is no way Eastern women will beat South or Woodville. They will be 0-18 at season's end. It's a record reflective of the club and their poor decision-making.

Reply #315596 | Report this post

Vesta 91  
Years ago

One difference with Eastern and Sturt is that the players are not imports (except for Bruce who is a point guard any way) and therefore have played with the guys for years in some cases. When the sixers don't re-sign Creek and Johnson (let's look at Newley and Ingles for a heads up) they will both be gone. On Saturday the key became a black hole from which the ball would only emerge in Forrestville hands. Guys who had previously moved the ball around for good shots were left open while DJ was double and triple teamed because it was obvious he had no intention of passing the ball to anyone. It has always intrigued me that basketball coaches think that being training fodder and a spectator is player development. Of course the coaches will say make the most of your opportunity but when that opportunity is a minute or two of junk time even if you score/rebound /block/defend it means nothing. Perhaps the post match curry is good after all.

Reply #315606 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Gets back to the scoreboard mentality that seems a bit too prevalent in SA - the high shooters get the spotlight and often bad jackup percentages and TOs get overlooked in the glory meted out to top scorers. A team and its morale can't flourish when selfish, showy play is fostered by a coach and the development of the team as a stronger unit with options suffers. Give me an honest, unselfish role player with a good IQ any day.

Not sayin this is what happened at the South game at all, just sayin!!!

Reply #315620 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sad to see South disintegrate so early. A couple of good kids and a few older players who have lifted now snuffed out with the writing on the wall- same old same old. Net result - arrested development of the kids and older guys lose interest once they realize they are only making up numbers so the bench doesn't look empty.

Reply #315629 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Disclosure: Last anon and Vesta 91 = same IP.

Reply #315666 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Are you with it Vespa91 ?????

Why would Newley and / or INgles come back here with the $$ they are on???

Reply #315667 | Report this post

Panther32  
Years ago

How have South disintegrated, they are 2 and 1 after 3 games? Mitch has played all three games but hasn't had too many opportunities to train and DJ just got back from holidays so i'm assuming he may have been to one training, so the more these guys play together and learn the system the better they will get.
Yes they may not be available for the whole season, but having two players of their calibre join your team is important not only for the club but for the other players.
Are Sturt going to say no to Jacob or Darren for nt playing the whole season, or Eastern with Madgen and maybe Bruce? I remember Forestville and North taking on Pero for half the season and when he was with Forestville he left 2 games before finals started.
Norwood flew Todd Matthews in every other week 2 years ago and West did the same thing with Truslove when he was still in NZ. It's funny how people have very short memories...

Reply #315677 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

You'd think they were 0-3!

Reply #315678 | Report this post

Panther32  
Years ago

I think last year everyone complained that the Sixers players didn't hang around and play locally and now they complain that they are playing locally!
Supporters are very fickle people...

Reply #315681 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Panther so many posters on here have an agenda.

I can only assume Vesta is either one of the old boys Casella moved on or maybe from one of the clubs that missed out on Johnson's signature, despite the best efforts of the 36ers coach.

Reply #315686 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maybe the responses are from players who think an affinity with a club is the over riding prerequisite for a team and that having a club ethos beats trying to buy a flag.

Mr nameless coach, late of the 36ers, couldn't gel teams and perhaps that's the issue. Buying names who wont see the season out doesn't mean a hell of a lot and what point is it in getting somewhere near the top when the team you put on court at at the end of the year doesn't resemble the one that got them there.

Reply #315704 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

coach is there to win games. bringing players through the ranks, recruiting, whatever is reasonable.

ignore players like creek and johnson and you would rightfully have many more complaining.

every player has their first year with a club sometime. you can take that on board, or sulk.

2-1, early days and yet complaints. just can't win in this sport and this state whatever you do. always haters.

Reply #315706 | Report this post

The Answer  
Years ago

No haters at Norwood. 3-0 both teams. Nothing to hate. Except no beer at games.

Reply #315714 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

+1

Reply #315719 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No haters at Norwood?

So why did three women's players, two of whom have been there over 10 years leave the week before the season?

Reply #315720 | Report this post

eep  
Years ago

Pfft, have you seen the women's assistant coach? Trust me, haters will follow soon enough.

Reply #315753 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

South's next game is against Tigers and then against Woodville. So they will more then likely be 4-1 after those games.

Reply #315755 | Report this post

wag39  
Years ago

God help us all if the Norwood women's assistant ever becomes head coach in this league again.

Reply #315763 | Report this post

BigPerm  
Years ago

Can anyone tell me why David Humphries is not playing for Centrals

Reply #315771 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

who is the assistant coach for norwood's women?

Reply #315774 | Report this post

The Answer  
Years ago

Anon - want to name the 3 players - then you can be told why they left...but of course hide behind anon and just throw wild accusations around, thats the style around here.

Reply #315796 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'll tell you...

Kate Gladstone (North Adelaide)
Jess Smart (North Adelaide)
Kimberley Olsen (Central Districts)

Reply #315804 | Report this post

The Answer  
Years ago

Gladstone - journey player - North is at least her 3rd club...

Olsen - never even got a gig last season at Norwood

Smart - yeah may have not been happy, but also didnt like taking responsibility when she did the wrong thing

Reply #315811 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

David Humphries,not playing as he is hoping to go to college.

Reply #315812 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gladstone a journey player!?

Are you serious!?

Norwood Junior since Under 10's mate.

As for your comments about the other two they're just as poor.

Reply #315814 | Report this post

deal or no deal  
Years ago

further to Dave Humphries he is the same boat as Hooley and Spehr this is their gap year (garduated year 12 in 2009) and if they play ABL or u/23 they will forfit a year of NCAA eligibility. new rule that came out early this year.

NCAA rule not basketball australia, same reason young new recruit at mt gambier is sitting out seabl season.

Reply #315817 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Would they still be able to train with the Senior teams?

Reply #315818 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Women's - The current mentality at Norwood (women) is recruit over top of the juniors that are there, it is a growing concern at a number of clubs South (women) are another good example of this. Clubs like Southern, Sturt, Forestville and West have promoted juniors into the senior ranks are showing improvement to their ABL programme which will be long lasting improvement. And while Norwood is a quality unit right now the juniors left after a change to the current coaching situation will leave the team in a dire situation! South Adelaide is possibly in a worse situation losing a majority of the juniors that have come into the club and while the current player group is close knit and content with their form and social aspect of the team, when the coaching change happens there will be nothing left to re-build

Reply #315819 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

I think those three at Norwood were victims of the U23 competition & the demise of ABL reserves.

Reply #315821 | Report this post

Agree ANON
Victims of the new systems

Some would see this as evening up the competition? to give other teams some of the spare players the better clubs couldn't use.

seems all 3 transfers made way for more junior players

Reply #315822 | Report this post

Ceres 50  
Years ago

Yeah, more juniors like Kelsey Ireland and Nadeen Payne.

Or do you mean Jess Foley, Kate Sherlaw and Rachel Herrick.

Sorry my mistake, you mean Zara Olikans, Jess Hansberry and Amanda Williams.

Reply #315840 | Report this post

Ceres 50  
Years ago

Oh and competition committee.

Funny that clubs like Woodville, Centrals, Eastern and North have members on the competition committee, and are using their position at BSA to benefit their clubs rather than making decisions that can be seen to be fair and even for the the greater good of the sport.

Reply #315841 | Report this post

Hg  
Years ago

Ceres 50 please list those decisions you talk about . Remembering that this committee decides on stuff that BSA is keen to dodge.

Reply #315842 | Report this post

Ceres 50  
Years ago

A philosophy that players should move clubs to "even out the competition".

ie a movement to restrict double div 2, where teams of better players are demoted to div 3. Under the assumption that they will move clubs rather than leave the sport all together.

Reply #315845 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So Ceres, are you suggesting that an ABA team that doesn't have a depth of adequate juniors should just play those juniors in ABA?

Surely it's better to recruit to fill gaps and develop your juniors further.

If your juniors don't see a successful ABA team, they'll leave and go to other clubs. The fluoride is that some players need to know their role in the team/squad!

Reply #315853 | Report this post

Ceres 50  
Years ago

Yes

I am suggesting that ABA level results has nothing to do with junior results. Its not like they come out and watch the games anyway. If anything, having a philosophy of promoting juniors rather than recruiting over them encourages juniors to stay, not leave.

How does recruiting over the top of current juniors, entice any junior to stay at your club? Lok at those clubs that try and recruit every year. How are their junior prorgams going? Those same clubs are the ones who say that they cant afford and full time JDO. And so the cycle continues year on year out.

There is no quick fix, just a quick cover that comes undone once the money runs out. And a different set of committee members comes in and changes the direction every 3 years.

Reply #315854 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Senior basketball doesn't attracts an audience and is a game you play to keep fit and have fun. As far as senior women goes it's an ever decreasing market with nowhere to go. How do you keep women interested in a sport that has no real future and pays peanuts WNBL wise. I think you love it and play but it's a trip to nowhere.

Reply #315861 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You have no idea about the competition committee Ceres - I know we are worse off for it as our member stands aside when it impacts us and on other occasions if in doubt take the position which least favours us.

As with many of your posts you generalise and have no idea!!

Reply #315882 | Report this post

Ceres, how many juniors would aspire to play ABL for your club if the team gets belted because it plays juniors who aren't of ABL standard.

ABL is the highest level of basketball in the state - it's not "come and try" life be in it.

Reply #315884 | Report this post

Ceres 50  
Years ago

Pickles,

How many of your juniors would even know how your ABA team went last year anyway?

Reply #315891 | Report this post

Crowds were quite good actually. Certainly better than centrals, west and woodville. Could have been far worse.

Reply #315911 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pickles your definition of a crowd must differ to that of the rest of the world

Reply #315913 | Report this post

Thanks for that useful, thought-provoking comment. Did you watch all the games I did. IMHO, the crowds were quite good.

Reply #315914 | Report this post

Ceres 50  
Years ago

But how many juniors would remember where the team finished?

Or decideded to move due to their performance?

I would suggest none.

And that they would actually want to stay if they did poorly as they would see, and rightly so, that they will have an opportunity to progress quickly into an ABA team.

ie a bad ABA team would maintain juniors if anything.

Reply #315917 | Report this post

Last seasons performance was adequate for the personnel. I think the juniors watching last season would've found my teams efforts encouraging.

This was a discussion about Norwood and it's coaches. Norwood juniors would be sticking around after this seasons start.

Reply #315922 | Report this post

Ceres 50  
Years ago

But some have slready quit or moved.

And under the current sytem in place, the U18 wont be much of a chance to play in the conceovable future, why would they stay around?

Reply #315925 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Can't you two just catch up for coffee to come to some agreement :)

Reply #315928 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why cant people just get along.....

Reply #315929 | Report this post

Hg  
Years ago

Everybody love everybody come on

Reply #315939 | Report this post

kamahl  
Years ago

Why are people so unkind?

Reply #315941 | Report this post

Why can't we be friends,
Why can't we be friends?

I don't think it's anything personal, just agree to disagree.

Reply #315943 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I thought this was an ABL round 3 topic not a mines bigger than yours and I am wright and your wrong

Reply #315959 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:39 pm, Thu 18 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754