BALLER#3
Years ago

Mills

Career High 23 pts to go with 5 rebs and a couple assists. Not bad when he is given minutes.

Of course he only got these minutes becuase of resting other players

Topic #25404 | Report this topic

orbit  
Years ago

Jacked up 23 shots in 20 mins - not shy!!

Reply #315271 | Report this post

Outsider  
Years ago

Orbit, he only put up 16 shots, in the NBA they count three's as field goals, unless someone stands to correct me.

Reply #315272 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

Thanks Outsider - my bad!

Reply #315274 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Obvioulsy Mills is capable of carrying a team to a 24 point loss when he is leading the offense....will be a decent backup/intensity sub in NBA.

Side note, will he end up being the richest Aboriginal pro athelete of all time after his career is done? In no way do i intend this to be more than just an interesting fact, considering how much publicity AFL players get and Kathy Freeman aswell.

Reply #315295 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think he will. I also hope he can be a role model for young aboriginal kids. Hope he doesn't just hang in the states and actually becomes involved with indigenous kids in Australia

Reply #315299 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mundine would have a fair bit of coin you would think.

Reply #315311 | Report this post

desmondhaynes  
Years ago

I don't think he will be the richest Aboriginal sportsperson ever, Anthony Mundine has amassed $15 Million so far.

Reply #315313 | Report this post

Japorms  
Years ago

richest aboriginal in the making is the statement. Yes, given that he will stay in the nba in the next 5 years.

as the players progress in years, his salary increase as well:

http://www.shamsports.com/content/pages/data/salaries/blazers.jsp

Reply #315360 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

stay in the nba the next 5 years?big call.

mills is only in the NBA at the moment because the owner has a man crush on him.

the blazers saved mills from going undrafted.

he will be playing in europe in 5 years time.

Reply #315806 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm just a little sad that Mills doesn't have minutes this round against the Mavericks.

Reply #315986 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mills doesn't get minutes because he simply isn't good enough defensively to defend Jason Kidd or Barea. If there trusting Fernandez and Roy to keep up with them and run the back up point spot it doesn't say much for Mills at this point.

Reply #316002 | Report this post

coffinbomber  
Years ago

Patty was competing for the last roster spot (and it wasn't looking likely at one point), but he has a wonderful rapport with Rudy Fernandez and was apparently a key reason for Rudy finally returning from Spain after demanding his contract be torn up. And yeah, the Blazers owner likes what Patty brings to the table as a locker room presence.

Article covering some of it:
http://www.aolnews.com/2010/10/20/for-homesick-blazers-rudy-fernandez-and-patty-mills-misery-love/

Reply #316019 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:27 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754