KB3
Years ago

Wilkinson , Lish and Brown reported

Lisch and Brown i understand but how does Wilkinson who did not even get called for a foul end up being reported

Usual confusion out of the NBL office who have used the refs not calling a foul as a reason not to report a player in the past.

Also begs the question if Wilkinson has been reported should he too been called for an USF. If that had happened then the swing of emotion may well have been different.

Does anyone recall how many fouls Wilkinson had at the time

Topic #25408 | Report this topic

Mystro  
Years ago

Think he had 3 fouls. Next they'll put Mika Vukona on report for slapping Andre Browns hand with his face.

Reply #315321 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

thats bull crap and you know it. yeh he didnt punch anyone but what he was doing to lisch was completely unnecessary and uncalled for. he isnt zoolander, pretty certain he can turn and avoid bowling lisch over. if he didnt act like a retard when he was running he wouldnt have knocked lisch over and the fight wouldnt have errupted. so dont go on about wilkinson is completely innocent.

Reply #315323 | Report this post

KB3  
Years ago

not saying that at all. He shoudl of IMO being tossed out or at least a USF for the Lisch contact and then he was the one who dragged Brown to the ground too.

what i am questioning is if the refs did not even penalise him at the time how is he now getting reported? His actions arent foul worthy but they are reportable.

At a key moment in the game too. If the refs had got involved early the who knows what would have transpired. Would Brown have hit Vukona?

Breakers got 4 foul shots the ball a massive emotional swing and Brown ejected and the Cats got nothing in their favour.

Maybe Wilkinson is reported so they dont repeat the Cattalini fighting with himself report and suspension

Reply #315324 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

Sorry KB3 i was more referring to Mystro's comment indicating they shouldnt have reported Wilkinson followed by the sarcastic comment of reporting vukona. i think its perfectly legitimate that wilkinson got pulled up. every single game he does dumb crap like that and its so annoying. have some common courtesy and respect for the other team.

Reply #315325 | Report this post

hustle  
Years ago

Am I thinking of the same incident here?
You know, the one where Lisch bear-hugged Wilko and tackled him to the ground?

What Wilko did happens in every game....hardly worth an ejection or a report. Lisch just got frustrated and went over the top. Plain and simple. Even a report on that is a bit over the top.

Brown's was, and would be every day of the week, a dumb act that should face penalty.

Reply #315326 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

and to set the record straight i was going for NZ i am just looking at this from a bystanders point of view.

Reply #315327 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

Hustle, its more that wilkinsons actions led to the fight. you could see lisch stopped and got bowled over. i dont care who you are most people dont take that kind of shit in any level of the game. Wilkinson needs to learn to turn right and left rather than run through players thinking that he is the shit.

Reply #315328 | Report this post

hustle  
Years ago

Am I thinking of the same incident here?
You know, the one where Lisch bear-hugged Wilko and tackled him to the ground?

What Wilko did happens in every game....hardly worth an ejection or a report. Lisch just got frustrated and went over the top. Plain and simple. Even a report on that is a bit over the top.

Brown's was, and would be every day of the week, a dumb act that should face penalty.

Reply #315329 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

you mean where lisch bear hugged him because he was being steam rolled to the floor and grabbed anything to make his fall not as bad?? yeh

Reply #315330 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

SRT070, what did Wilkinson do to Lisch? Watch the reply the first contact came when Wilkinson wasn't even watching where he was going, after that he could have possibly veered out of the way with some effort but so could have Lisch. So it really was Lisch that was at fault as Wilkinson wasn't really aware he was there whilst Lisch saw him coming

Reply #315332 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

From what I saw of the incident Lisch didn't have his feet planted and was moving backwards and Wilkinson was moving forward, and Lisch got penalized for pulling him to the ground, if his feet were planted and he didn't have hold of Wilkinson it would have been Wilkinson with the foul. Lisch was clearly frustrated in the second half and was holding and grabbing anyone when he was playing D especially Kirk Penney.
Wilkinson did however pull down Andre Brown by his Jersey when the American Import came and stood over him in the fracas that followed.

Reply #315333 | Report this post

Josef  
Years ago

CJ does the exact same thing that Lisch did when drawing a charge. He makes sure that the charger falls on top of him to exagarate the contact

Reply #315334 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

For the record, I believe the only player that should have been reported was Andre Brown. Lisch's unsportsmanlike foul on the night was plenty enough penalty for a foul that in the context of that game was stuff all.

Reply #315336 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Josef, Lisch didn't draw a charge, he pulled a player to the ground

Reply #315337 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

from the replay it appears as though Wilkinson knew exactly where he was going and was running forward faster than lisch running backwards. he has his hands in the air acting like its not his fault but kept running over him. i dont think its fair to say wilkinson played no part. it doesnt bother me that they have all been reported as the idea of being reported is that they get reviewed and then reports will be cleared or not, and i think the whole incident should be reviewed. i dont think there should be or will be any penalties put on wilkinson or lisch but andre brown definitely will and quite frankly deserves it for his inability to keep his cool.

Reply #315338 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

It seems are saying that because Wilkinson run into Lisch and that led to Brown striking someone, Wilkinson should be reported? That doesnt make sense to me.

Nor is grabbing a player as you are falling a reportable offence. Brown should cop a severe penalty for what he did, but no one else really has anything to answer for.

Reply #315340 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

reporting isnt a penalty. its just means its going to be reviewed. and yes i believe the whole thing should be reviewed. but i believe Andrew Brown is the only one that should and will cop a fine.

Reply #315344 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

@paul so you are ok with Wilkinson dragging another player to the ground just as Lish did to him?

Reply #315345 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

I am Anon, as long as he realizes that he's gonna get called for an unsportsmanlike foul for it like everyone else in the league.

Reply #315347 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

There was plenty of stuff in that game happening off the ball and if the Lisch/Wilkinson incident hadn't of happened something else would have I believe. Both teams were playing a very high paced physical game for a finals spot and it made great viewing (I have watched the game 4-5 times since). Props to Perth for bringing some intensity and passion to the game.

Reply #315349 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

What Mystro said. Great, physical, high intensity, high scoring game that had a bit of niggle as you would expect. You wont find many games of that speed intensity anywhere around the world.

Everything that happened on that court could be dealt with exclusively by the refs except Brown's hit on Vukona.

Reply #315366 | Report this post

Brucelee  
Years ago

The site www.shoes-onlineshopping.com is a famouse site in China which is target at shoes business. The company who runs the site has good relationship with the retailers of all countries in the world. The shop owners from other countries buy the cheap shoes from this site, and then sell them to all over the world.

Reply #315409 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Can't understand why everyone calls this guy the Mystro. Besides being spelt wrong, his name's Bob Cobb. Howdy Bob!

PS. Has anyone got any footage of this incident?

Reply #315413 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

and I couldn't find any pics of you freeing slaves Moses ;)

Reply #315416 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6N-6dMf72MU ;)

Reply #315418 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Mystro, you raise a good point, you raise a good point. Thanks for the vid.

Reply #315438 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

PS. I think you mean this video.

Reply #315439 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

my vid is better ;)

Reply #315441 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I love the defense of "Wilkinson didn't know where he was going, so can't be called at fault." Sorry, it's your duty to know where you are going.

If you run into a player, regardless of whether or not you knew he was there, you have to be responsible - who is going to be responsible for where you are going.

Next time I play, I'm just going to close my eyes and run into people.

Reply #315481 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I agree with Anon - Reply #315481. Wilkinson has to be responsible for where he was going. He played a part and deserves to be reviewed. Good luck to the Taipans in the GF..

Reply #315503 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Wilkinson cleared to play Finals Series. Fined $500, Lisch $750 and Andre Brown $1000.

Reply #315665 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:46 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754