clarky
Years ago

Adelman out as Houston coach

The Houston Rockets have "mutually agreed to part ways" with head coach Rick Adelman.

The 64-year-old Adelman went 193-135 in four seasons with the Rockets. The .588 winning percentage was the highest among the 11 full-time coaches the franchise has had. Adelman led the Rockets to their only playoff series victory since 1997. His career record is 945-616 and ranks eighth in all-time wins.

It's interesting that Adelman has never won a Coach of the Year award, but he has finished 2nd in voting 4 times (90-91, 00-01, 01-02, 08-09)

Article can be found HERE

Topic #25431 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Fantastic Coach but not the right fit for Houston as they move on from the Yao/McGrady era. I wouldn't mind betting he could end up in LA if phil retires.

Reply #315692 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

When Phil retires - this is definitely it for him

Reply #315708 | Report this post

David  
Years ago

I have mixed feelings on this Adelman is a great coach but with the rebuilding they may need a new voice. I think Sacramento prematurely fired Adelman since his fireing they have never made the playoffs. I'm from old school and think too many coachs get scapegoated, I like how they put in the article "mutally agreed" considering Adelman suggested he wanted to stay on only a couple of days ago however in the same article he hinted that he was going to get punted so It probably did'nt come as a surprise to him when he did.

Reply #315723 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:17 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754