A
Years ago

NBL Finals game 1 (Why not just delay on OneHD)

Seriously why wouldn't the NBL even beg OneHD to show the game delayed around 7-8pm Australian time, when people are actually at home!

How many viewers will watch a finals game at 4pm on a Wednesday afternoon?. I understand that the reason is the NBL can say we are showing it 'LIVE', but how much more stupid can the NBL and Basketball Australia get!

Plus I have not seen much advertising or promoting of this finals series. I can guarantee it will be a great spectacle for basketball in general, with two fun teams with some great players playing in sold out roaring arenas.

The NBL is on free to air TV for the first time in a long time and for how much longer we do not know. So why wouldn't they spend whatever they have left in that little piggy bank to let Australia know that basketball is back in a strong way in this country!

Topic #25433 | Report this topic

aussie boomers  
Years ago

I could not agree more with everything you have said.

Please email your thoughts to Chuck Harmison:

[email protected]

Reply #315722 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

and if it was delayed everyone would bitch and moan that it isnt live

Reply #315724 | Report this post

Oden08  
Years ago

I'll take it live any day over a replay thanks.

Reply #315725 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Oden08 can't possibly work in a 9am-5pm job. I would take a replay any day over a live telecast if I cannot watch the live telecast.

Reply #315726 | Report this post

A  
Years ago

Oden08, this is not about you, it is about the greater good of the NBL and the growth of basketball in Australia!

Reply #315728 | Report this post

thomo  
Years ago

PVR anyone, its at that time for the Kiwis, remember its THERE HOME final, i for one are glad its live i will set my recorder to record it and i will watch later that night,

surely there are more serious issue to complain about then this

Reply #315730 | Report this post

Ushiro  
Years ago

Perhaps spelling, grammer and proper use of "there" and "their" in your post thomo LOL. It appears that showing it live in Australia will suit some people but not others. Can't win regardless of which decision is made.

Reply #315733 | Report this post

no mercy  
Years ago

Hey Ushiro, while not as severe as the misusage of there and their, the spelling of the word is GRAMMAR.

Reply #315736 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

4pm here is 6:30pm in NZ. How about recording the game on a PVR or whatever and watching the thing "live" when you get home?

Reply #315737 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Weird how all season Breakers games have tipped off at 7:30pm @ NSEC yet for some reason all the playoff games and now finals series have earlier tip off times of 6:30pm.
The 7:30pm NZtime tip off's would be much better for a live Australian broadcast and easier for NZ fans as Auckland peak hour traffic is shitty as for those trying to get to the North Shore early from anywhere south of the CBD.
That said, this is going to be a fun series to watch. Phil Jones and Lindsay Tait Vs the rest of the TallBlacks, Daniel Dillon's been playing some great Basketball as has Kirk Penney. Ubaka Vs Braswell, Loughten and Crosswhite Vs Vukona and Wilkinson, some great match ups to watch.
Hoping the Breakers will take this one at home.

Reply #315741 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Last time they showed it on delay plenty complained, now they are showing it live and more complaints.

Record it, watch it when u get home.

Reply #315742 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

It's school holidays too everyone...kids can watch it live even if some of us have to be at work...that's what a PVR is for...

Reply #315747 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

if its ever delayed everyone bitches

Reply #315786 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:51 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754