Isaac
Years ago

Hawk's import Gruber now naturalised

Hawks forward Dave Gruber has officially lost his status as an NBL import after passing his Australian citizenship test with flying colours.
But the Hawks are just as excited about Gruber's success, as it now allows them to chase another import.

"It gives the Hawks some flexibility as far as imports go and it helps to give me some more job security too," Gruber said.
Full story

Topic #25435 | Report this topic

XY  
Years ago

Has proven to be a good solid performer and will be a real asset as a naturalised Aussie in the Dusty Rychart mould. Can only make a reasonably consistent and competitive Hawks outfit even better.

Reply #315758 | Report this post

aussieboomers4eva  
Years ago

They will need that boost as Saville can't go on forever and the Hawks were found wanting during his injury layoff.

Reply #315759 | Report this post

tyrell  
Years ago

how many points was gruber as an import- surely not 10?

how many would he be worth now?

Reply #315760 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I agree - their weakness is a lack of successor to Saville. It's not Coenraad (unless he changes his game) and I think they'll look to have Davidson, Forman and Gruber as their frontcourt rotation (Gruber backing up both spots) so that would leave finding an import to play SF/PF maybe?

Sav and Campbell are contracted for next year. I wonder if Campbell would retire after that and Sav might play at least one more year? Once Saville retires, they'll have money to use (maybe chase a free agent) but until then I think it might be a stop-gap position they fill with limited money?

Reply #315761 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

tyrell, he was a 7 for this year. His stats this season were down on the year before though he played 2-3 MPG less. Would probably be a 7 or even a 6 next season, I think.

Reply #315764 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

A lot depends on Davidson if they dont have a back up centre. Help for Sav is needed though, he was sensational this year but has to slow down at some point.

Reply #315767 | Report this post

basketball taxi  
Years ago

Well Done Grubes, a nicer person you would never meet.

Reply #315809 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:08 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754