LC
Years ago

Taipans @ Breakers: Grand Final Game 1

Taipans take on the Breakers in a David vs Goliath battle in New Zealand starting at 4:00pm AEST.

I'm tipping the Breakers by 5 at home.

Also, I think the Breakers can win this 2-0 but would love to be proven wrong. I also tip Kirk Penney to be grand final series MVP.

Topic #25436 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Breakers starting small with Abercrombie at PF and Wilkinson at C. Taipans need to push it inside to press that advantage and maybe try to get Wilkinson benched with foul trouble.

Reply #315765 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Didn't take them long. Crosswhite gets to the line a couple of times and Wilkinson hits the pine with two fouls.

Reply #315766 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

A very foul plagued first quarter for the Breakers so far. Nice work on the strategy Isaac, pushing for the Sixers coaching job? :)

Reply #315768 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

And then saying that, Cairns decide to start catching up on the foul front.

Reply #315769 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

NZ got hot hot hot whilst Cairns went antarctic...

Reply #315772 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

XY, not only do I have zero coaching ability, you couldn't pay me any amount to coach in Adelaide - brutal supporters!

Reply #315776 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Taipans close the third with a 15-2 run. Deficit in the fourth is going to prove too much though.

Reply #315777 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

This thing was over pretty early. Hard to see it going to three games now.

Reply #315778 | Report this post

Fizzle  
Years ago

Taipans were non existant in the competitive department...shame on them for that. Allan from 2 and a half mean obviously didnt know how to get across to his players this isnt just another game.

Reply #315780 | Report this post

skull  
Years ago

yeah, the taipans have their work cut out for them on sunday.
nz cranked up the d and cairns didn't have plan b.
thought cairns could have gone a bit harder on the on balls screens,but then you have to contend with the length of vikona,abercrombie and big red who are making sure there are no easy entry passes.

the taipans looked a bit drained from the townsville series, but crikey's they walked into an ambush tonight!!

Reply #315782 | Report this post

K.E.T  
Years ago

NZ is a horrible place to shoot in. Just watching it, the shots don't ever look good, clunk clunk clunk. Easy layup miss etc.

It has always seemed that way for opposition, even when NZ were bottom, the games were just uglier to watch, while NZ i guess is much more used to shooting on those rims and shoot at a greater clip.

Have you noticed shots don't roll in, not soft rims clearly.

Same applies to Melbourne's rims in a less ugly manner.

Adelaide, watching people shoot feels good because the rims are so soft and you expect the shots to go in at a good clip and not rim out. For the most part this happens for the opposition who get nice percentages here,as for the 36ers...well..they just suck atm :P

Reply #315783 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Isaac

XY, not only do I have zero coaching ability, you couldn't pay me any amount to coach in Adelaide - brutal supporters!

Thanks to you Isaac, the supporters have somewhere to vent their brutality.

Reply #315787 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Pledger stepped up at both ends and played a great game. Hope Cairns can get home and turn it around and make a series of it.

Reply #315790 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

If it weren't for Phil Jones, it could have been worse for Cairns...

Reply #315793 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

yeah his three 3's in a row made the scoreline a lot more respectable

Reply #315794 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

Fizzle, i read that 5 times to work out you think Fearney looks like Allan from 2 1/2 men? Is this correct?

Cairns had that rare off day which you 36ers supporters are used too on a regular basis! They will harden the F UP for sunday!!

Reply #315797 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

They might "harden" up for Sunday, but the Breakers will win game 2 IMO, and therefore the NBL title.

Reply #315798 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Any video floating around of that one handed throw in/dunk (whatever you call it!) pledger did last night? that was quite impressive!!

Reply #315800 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

It was impressive even though it technically was not a dunk! I'm sure someone will upload it to YouTube eventually...

Reply #315801 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

Unfortunately i think the main finals clash is already over with the NZ and Perth series proving to be the spectacle. i hope it goes to 3 games but cairns have to lift.

Reply #315802 | Report this post

crowsfan  
Years ago

Its 2011, if you don't a PVR, DVD recorder or have Foxtel IQ, step ya game up... SMFH

Reply #315815 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

just get a computer, it beats all those options!

Reply #315816 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:02 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754