Berri planning $2 mill stadium

new complex being tabled in Riverland for $2 mill

half their luck - well done

pity nothing like that in the big smoke

Topic #2548 | Report this topic

statue of liberty  
Years ago

Who would be using it?

What sort of a competition do they have up there, social or fair serious?

I hope that doesnt mean we have to start playing out there now.. mt barker is far enough

Reply #28662 | Report this post

Country Kid  
Years ago

"Mt Barker is far enough" give me a break. Mt Barker is 20 mins from the city. How long does it take you to get to Starplex, or Noarlunga, or Pt Adelaide??? You city slickers give me the sh!ts

Reply #28663 | Report this post

statue of liberty  
Years ago

I credit the country players who travel hours to play i really do, but when your on a team of 10 that cant play as a team and you have to travel an hour and 15mins to get to the stadium to play half a game or less.... then travel a good hour and a bit home you just get pretty sh1tty.

Reply #28665 | Report this post

Country Kid  
Years ago

From the city, it is the same distance or more to pt Adel, Noarlunga and Starplex than it is to Barker. Hillcrest, Mars, Marion, Clipsal, wayville, pasadena are all reasonable distances, but all you can do is slag Barker. We (players who live in the hills, not far country) have to travel the same distance to your home stadium as you do to ours.

back to the thread. How far along are the plans for the stadium? Are they set in concrete yet? Any details know?

Reply #28667 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

That would be a pretty awesome stadium, have the plans be finalised or is it still in the air?

If you want to play serious ball the distant you travel shouldn't matter!!

Reply #28721 | Report this post

veteran  
Years ago

mt barker is hardly country nowdays - so just accept it the same as starplex to a tiger or morphett vale to a lion.

spare a thought for the navericks that never get a saturday morning at home.

I acknowledge the travelling done by many on game day - but that is what makes district district - not just local a grade social

go to the web site - www.murray pioneer - on line - there is a current news article about it

berri basketball team will be based there - with obvious use by schools

there is plans also for a pool to be included

berri basketball club is part of the riverland association

it is just odd 7,500 people get a swanky stadium for a school of 750 kids as well - and we have to play in noah's arks in adelaide

not that I deny berri their stadium - the country deserves it - but let's get some renovations going here

i know it is from a different kitty - but something seems out of kilter

Reply #28785 | Report this post

The truth  
Years ago

Sounds like berri will have one of the states best stadiums... no where your coming from "statue of liberty " but them the breaks of playing basketball at this level im sure " country kid " you have a bitch about coming to the starplex same as we do going to mt barker them the breaks of playing at this level

Reply #28837 | Report this post

Country Kid  
Years ago

The truth - your half right, if you want to play competitive basketball you gotta travel.

Reply #28845 | Report this post

Yeah its bout time a staduim got built in Berri, only about 10 years to late however, would've been awesome if the raiders were still around. Considering that the berri basketball club has been playing at a shitty high school gym for the last 15 years I think we deserve a new gym. It will also be used by other cummunity groups like netball and volleyball and the high school etc. Speaking from experience playing out of the high school gym all my career has been crap so it's bout time Berri players get a chance to have a decent home stadium, it will be the best thing to happen to Riverland basketball since the Raiders were formed.

Reply #29123 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:36 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754