K.E.T
Years ago

NH: Osama Bin Laden is Dead

Obama has confirmed in a press conference that Osama Bin Laden has been killed in the Pakistan Capital, US have taken custody of his body.

The president confirms OBL was killed in a firefight. No Americans or civilians were hurt.

More @ http://www.news.com.au/

Topic #25483 | Report this topic

Jack Toft  
Years ago

This actually presents quite a dangerous situation IMO. The world really does need to be careful of reprise attacks, especially if the reports of Americans celebrating wildly in the streets are spread around the arab heartland.

Reply #316554 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Whilst I am glad OBL is now longer a threat himself, the death of anyone is never a good thing in my book.

Terror breeds terror I'm afraid.

Reply #316558 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

the question is will we see an image of the body?? politicians say a lot of things and we know how majority turn out. i know it would be a bit stupid to say it if its not true but still.

Reply #316562 | Report this post

johnny_sack  
Years ago

Oh dear. Took almost 10 years (only counting post-9/11) to get him - you'd almost be excused for thinking he was Chuck Norris or something.

Looking at the scenes in the US not only is religion the opiate of the masses, but so is rah rah jingoism.

Reply #316563 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Correct Mr Toft... Interesting days ahead....

Reply #316571 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

Rumour has it they only found his exact location after hacking the Playstation Network....

Reply #316577 | Report this post

Detroit  
Years ago

Ha ha gold Libertine!!

Just brilliant! Made my day!

Reply #316578 | Report this post

GKcats  
Years ago

If u guys think his dead u got rocks in ure head!!!!
America is no 1 terorests!! They do what they want wen they want!!!Its all about the $$$$ Just sad that ppl read into it to much whats said on tv

Reply #316587 | Report this post

Hanging Round  
Years ago

I'm with you GKcats.
The moon landing was a fake and 9/11 never happened, just like Gold Coast Suns never beat the Power just 1 week after they beat the Crows. Keep on believing brother!

Reply #316591 | Report this post

lotum  
Years ago

bin laden gone to grave serving his purpose single handedly buried the american stock market and the killing of several thousand civillians

Reply #316592 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Bin Laden was not killed recently..either he is still alive or he died ages ago from medical complications..
The US army said they killed him and then within 24 hours they buried him in the sea, hence no evidence exists of the killing.
They claimed that burying him in the sea was in accordance with 'Islamic burial customs'..can someone tell me why the US, who has so blantantly disregarded and opposed the Islamic faith, go to special lengths to bury a man who killed thousands of innocent lives.
They buried the damn body before they even received DNA confirmation.
Its election year in the US next year and we all know Obama's support was declining..sounds as though a conspiracy to drum up support for Obama and his government for the 2012 presidential election.
How can anyone simply accept the word of the American government when no corrobating evidence exists? What made it even more disturbing was the fact that Pakistani TV broadcasted a clearly photo-shopped picture of Bin Ladden with bullet wounds in his head and played it at the main nightly news..Desperate for evidence much

P.s. RIP to all the 9/11 victims and their families <3

Reply #316598 | Report this post

Skud  
Years ago

Wow conspiracy theories begin. Nine is showing the photo as well. If your saying this is fake your an idiot. Firstly it does raise the risk to America, no government would be stupid enough to do that without having actually killed him.
Secondly saying he isnt dead would just bring Osama out to make another video and prove he isnt dead.

Reply #316601 | Report this post

Macdub, Adelaide now article states that OBL's body was washed in accordance with in line with Islamic practice and The US decided to bury him at sea because it would have been difficult finding a country willing to accept the remains.

Why wouldn't al-Qaida issue a statement (on Al-jezzera?) announcing OBL wasn't dead?

My greatest concern is the thick as shit yanks think it's ok to carry on like the muzzies did when the towers fell... Will we ever learn?

Reply #316606 | Report this post

Corey  
Years ago

Anyhow, he won the World's Best Hide & Seek for 10 years running..........

Reply #316608 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

lol gotta love conspiracy theorists.

and the world is ending this year, and the new world order have setup base camp under the denver airport......morons.

Reply #316615 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

There is a fake photo from a year ago that might be referenced.

I'm all for a decent conspiracy theory, but think people might be overthinking this one. The body was dumped at sea to avoid creating a site of pilgrimage/focus IMO. It was done quickly (not just in accordance with traditional law) because dragging it out would've created more of a focus and debate.

US and western leaders have erred in labelling this a 'victory' rather than 'resolution' (which is less likely to antagonise people) but obviously it's an emotional moment for many people. I think "USA" chants and over-the-top cheering may prove to incite trouble as well.

People cheered the end of Hitler (also on May 1st for the five remaining people who haven't noticed/heard) but that was as much the final stages of a world war as anything. This is a symbolic instance as much as anything - little will change in terms of threats, attacks, reactions, etc.

Reply #316627 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

its just near impossible to come across a good conspiracy theory. People want to make conspiracy theories against anything these days and its bloody annoying. Agree that some things in the past may not have been what they seemed but now people go too over the top about everything. Its like the flat earth society and there edge of the world police.

Reply #316629 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Just my opinion guys..Im not usually one who believes in crazy conspiracies but this one is intriguing.

My belief is that he died much earlier in the year or within the past 6 months of liver complications --he was very sick to the extent he would walk around with a dialysis.

I believe the US govt knew that he died of medical reasons, but they wanted to make it look as like they killed him to:
-Garner extra patriotism in the country and thus restore faith in Obama before next years election

-Make it look like the Afghan war and the troops in the middle east was a successful cause(If people knew that Osama died in his sleep, then people would have labelled the campaign an absolute failure).

Listen, we both agree that Obama is dead.
I just reckon he died within the last few months because of medical reasons, and not by the bullet of a US solider.

Reply #316630 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

Obama is alive and well MACDUB. very easy to get those names mixed up :p

Reply #316641 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

also, if he died from medical reasons why would the organisations want to hide that, thats something to advertise on where you could state that members will die of old age/illness before the americans will find you. look at how many people are upset that americans killed him, i dont think it would have been from medical conditions for the simple fact they would just come out and say yeh he died months ago here is the picture, america didnt do anything. id be interested to hear your thoughts from this point of view

Reply #316666 | Report this post

ringlord  
Years ago

I hope this news is true, although his beard looks a bit too black in the photo-maybe he dyed it for purposes like going to the markets...and so on. It would have been good if th US intelligence didn't produce this piece of shit in the first place in the spirit of fighting the soviets.Boy did that come back and bite them in the arse!I hope the families of the victims of his acts get some solace in this news,may our thoughts be with them.

Reply #316679 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

Bin Laden was not killed recently..either he is still alive or he died ages ago from medical complications.

Listen, we both agree that Obama (sic) is dead.

Show some conviction with your conspiracy theories MACDUB!! Over the course of an hour, under pressure from posters on a basketball forum, you've gone from "maybe still alive" to "definitely dead".

Reply #316683 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Ima still to basketball topics guys. Hahahaha.

That was my political ego getting the best of me ;)

Reply #316716 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Stick*.
Geez, the pressure has got to me billo lol

Reply #316717 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1212851/Has-Osama-Bin-Laden-dead-seven-years--U-S-Britain-covering-continue-war-terror.html

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,41576,00.html

Makes a lot more sense.

19 people hijack planes and kill 3000 americans, so america respond by defying the UN and invade a country and kill over 100,000 innocent people. Now they have the balls to celebrate in front of the world like they have achieved something great.

Show me one bit of evidence that Osama was responsible for 9/11. Check the FBI website, the top 10 most wanted, look up Bin Laden, and i bet it mentions nothing about being wanted for the 9/11 attacks. Dont believe the propaganda people.

Reply #316723 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I thought i saw usama at the easter classics this year.One of his wifes could throw a mean spinball 3 pointer,dont even get me started on his ball technique it was impecable a real pitty clubs in sa could of benefited from his expirience.

Reply #316760 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:54 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754