LC
Years ago

Lakers vs Mavericks Series

Lakers get swept by the Mavs!!!

Wow, wow & WOW!

And even better, they got absolutely thrashed 122-86 in game 4!

Jason Terry rubbed salt into the Laker wounds by nailing 9 three-pointers equalling the NBA finals record, whilst the Mav's hammered home a staggering 20 treys in all to post a new NBA post-season record.

The evil Laker empire appears to be crumbling!

Topic #25517 | Report this topic

Speed44  
Years ago

...and I laughed and laughed and laughed.

Especially when Kobe, after game 3 said something along the lines of "I still believe we will win this series". Sounds like their problem right there. They thought it would just 'happen'.

Reply #317163 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

best news ive heard in a long time.

Reply #317168 | Report this post

hooked  
Years ago

shame i missed the game, wish it was on OneHD

Reply #317169 | Report this post

Nutwork  
Years ago

I am a Lakers fan and that was terrible. Bynum cheap shot was indefensible. Looks like a prime candidate for trade bait for Howard.

Reply #317170 | Report this post

Aussiebballer  
Years ago

Team chemistry for Lakers looked terrible all series.
May be some big changes.
They need a quick PG to defend CP3 and JJ types.

New coach next season so there may be some new energy in the team.

Reply #317174 | Report this post

Who Me  
Years ago

86 points on 76.9% shooting from the Dallas Bench!

That would have to be some sort of NBA record!

Reply #317175 | Report this post

Big_Marty  
Years ago

That flagrant by Bynum on Barea derserves more than just a few games suspension; I'd be expecting a fine on that one too.

Odom's flagrant on Dirk was at least more on the lines of being neglegent; but Bynum planned that one. Would certainly say the game was over the moment Bynum left.

Oh well, fingers crossed for OKC v Dallas.

Reply #317177 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Listen to all the tall poppy haters. I thimk LA has done well, what going to the finals 3 straight years for two titles. They'll be back next year haters. Hats off to Dallas though, they are looking really good I hope J Kid finally gets a ring.

Reply #317178 | Report this post

JOaRiDrAN  
Years ago

The lakers will be back. Wait till Howard signs and all you haters will be tearing up seeing LA in the finals again

Reply #317180 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

whatever helps you guys sleep at night :) its like port adelaide supporters!

Reply #317184 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Hehehehe! LOL!

Reply #317187 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Absolute gold. Just shows how good Jordan and the bulls actually were.

Reply #317188 | Report this post

Speed44  
Years ago

Funny how Flakers fans can hate all they want, all year long, but when others hate on them for valid reasons, they all get a bit sooky.

Reply #317190 | Report this post

Who Me  
Years ago

"Like" Button for Speed44

Reply #317191 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah im sooking hard. What congratulating the Mavs? Im a real hater

Reply #317199 | Report this post

Flip  
Years ago

Yeah, good to see the Lakers are all class. Yeah they have done well, but doesn't take away from their actions. They are just hoods. Way to show respect in Phil's last good you dIcks!!!

Reply #317205 | Report this post

Gees - CABL Eastern Women need to watch one of their more senior players this week - suicide watch after the sweep!

:(

Reply #317211 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i think the way Odom and Bynum finished the game takes away from Jackson's last game on the sidelines, they should've acted with more sportsmanship then that, makes them look like sore losers. on another note, what about Artest's complete fumble of a layup...

Reply #317214 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

If L.A signs Howard to we get to call Kobe a pussy cos he couldn't win another ring without Howard and bitch and moan about L.A having a stacked team?

Reply #317238 | Report this post

Tweet Tweet  
Years ago

@Anon317188, its not really a fair comparison between these Lakers and Jordan's Bulls. I'm not saying these Lakers are better (I'd argue the opposite actually) but let's face it...the two times the Bulls made it to the NBA Finals three years in a row, Jordan retired directly after it. Would the Bulls have won the title in 1994 and 1999 if Jordan didn't retire? Maybe. Or would they have burned out as the Lakers did in 2003 and 2011?

Its my opinion that the window remains open for a shorter time than many believe. Don't forget that the only two players that were on both the 1991-1993 and 1997-1999 Bulls teams were Jordan and Pippen. The rest of the roster was totally different. Similarly, Kobe and Fisher were the only two players on both the 2000-2002 and 2008-2010 Lakers teams. Tim Duncan is the only player that was on the 1999 and 2007 Spurs championship teams. Its quite possible (in fact, likely) that those Bulls teams would have burned out even if Jordan hadn't retired.

Reply #317241 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah the Bulls may have burned out but atleast they would have gone out gracefully not like the thugs of LA.

Reply #317246 | Report this post

aussieboomers4eva  
Years ago

Yeah, I'm sure Dennis Rodman would have been a pure gentleman ;)

Reply #317247 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

My bad rodman is an exception.

Reply #317248 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

"Looks like a prime candidate for trade bait for Howard."

Nutwork are you delusional? In what scenario do you think the Magic would take Bynum for Howard?

Bynum is a bad risk for any team not already competing for the championship. He is too injury prone to be a first or second banana and is paid too much to be a 50 game a year role player.

Reply #317316 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

If Dwight is going to bolt, the Magic could sign and trade for Bynum. His knees MAY get better, and it is a better return than what they got for Shaq when he left town.

Reply #317334 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Andrew Bynum received a five match suspension without pay for elbowing Barea. He was also fined about $26,000 for sulkily yanking off his jersey as he left the court after being ejected.

Reply #317352 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

DB5, the Lakers got Odom and Butler for Shaq, as well as the expiring contract of Grant and a 1st round draft pick. They've had seven pretty good years out of Odom and would probably have one less title without him (maybe two). While they didn't keep Butler all that long, he has been a borderline all-star several times in his career.

I agree that Bynum has the potential to be the most dominant of the three, but nothing I have seen says he is ever going to be healthy enough to build around. I would definitely take 2004 Odom and Butler over 2011 Bynum.

Orlando should find plenty of better deals if Dwight decided he wanted out.

Reply #317386 | Report this post

jaydee41  
Years ago

bye bye lakeshow, hate to say i'm sorry buuuuut...you guys are kernts.

get ya steez on at:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Jersey-Steez/172152562843468

sweet new and vintage jerseys

Reply #317400 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:51 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754