SRT070
Years ago

Confirmation: There goes Carter

Carter has confirmed he is 95% sure he is going to sign a contract with the swede's.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/carter-looks-forward-to-swede-contract/story-e6frecj3-1226053610489

he asked for more money in attempt to delay or even have them say its too much but sounds like it didnt stop them at all which has made him more interested. almost seems as though we are going backwards?

Topic #25525 | Report this topic

LC  
Years ago

Good luck to him...love how he asked for more oney to stall them and they came up with the extra cash the next day!

Reply #317337 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

Yeh indeed. Im sure he will be back here in no time. just sucks to see him go. was worth his weight in gold at the sixers.

Reply #317340 | Report this post

DJ Rod  
Years ago

so you've confirmed that it's a 95% chance?

Reply #317341 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Probably a 92.7% chance in my book

Reply #317342 | Report this post

Fizzle  
Years ago

Why ill he be back here in no time? And even so he wont return to the 36ers. No one wants to play for Clarke from what ive heard around the league...NO ONE! And yes the 6ers losing one of the actual contributors from last season, with no additions in sight, is defitnitely a move backwards...JOKE this has become

Reply #317343 | Report this post

Fizzle  
Years ago

Other thing is whats the word on Schenscher? Last I heard the Crocs dont have a coach, so i doubt theyve made him an offere just yet. Adelaide need to go after him now and aggressively!

Reply #317344 | Report this post

phil  
Years ago

hell, fizzle you have to be the most negative poster here. any chance to lay the boot in to marty.

so which players have told you they will not play for marty?? name them??

or will you just name the players he hasnt signed as proof no-one wants to play for him?? which by that reasoning alot coachs must have players not willing to play for them??

Reply #317345 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Calm down Fizzle! Lets just see how it goes. Clarke has promised we will get some decent players. Lets see if he can actually do what he says or if he will continue to be a lame duck coach. Without a big signing like Schenscher or Martin or other it wont look good.

Reply #317346 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

Fizzle, Sixers can't even talk to Schenscher until next week when free agency starts. But clearly they have already failed in their recruiting drive .

(Isaac, I wish there was an 'ignore' poster button).

Reply #317347 | Report this post

Big Sexy  
Years ago

Fizzle we can't offically go after him until Friday

Reply #317348 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

the reason i say he will be back in no time is because he is an awesome player, and it wont be long before another team in the NBL decides to offer him a bigger contract once he has performed his swede duties. Aussie talent these days isnt easy to come by with the AFL poaching some of the players. we have a very limited pool to chose from.

Reply #317349 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

He is a good back-up, but I dont know if any team would recruit him as a starter. Maybe one that is loaded at other spots and wants a defensive minded guard to play alongside a scorer?

Reply #317351 | Report this post

Hg  
Years ago

North gets that news and the branding brine back to tigers in same week

Reply #317353 | Report this post

Ineedmore  
Years ago

Fizzle I continue to hear the same things about players not wanting to come here because of Clarke.

The only thing holding Schensch back from signing is playing for Marty Clarke. So fingers crossed...

Of course that's just conjecture, because no one has actually spoken to Schensch or offered him an actual number on a solid contract because that would be breaking the rules.....

Reply #317357 | Report this post

The Answer  
Years ago

Actually the thing that holds Schench back from signing is the fact he cant till free agency starts.....

Once again, name the players stating they wont play for Clarke.

Put up, or shut up. Pretty simple.

Reply #317358 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

So... Rhys doesn't want to play for Marty Clarke, but Carter was quoted today in the Advertiser as saying "I want to play for Marty Clarke".

He got a good offer in Sweden; yes he can be back, I don't know if everyone here is familiar with Swedish Basketball season dates, but he can always end up back here for all we know.

Fizzle, you sound like you're just being a hater and are trying to use the good old subterfuge to guise your own opinions as "the global opinion".

Reply #317360 | Report this post

clarky  
Years ago

It will be a shame to see Carter go, I love the way he plays and what he brings to the team.

Obviously he has to do what is best for him and his career, but hopefully we see him back in the NBL while he is still in his prime.

Just a thought, but does anyone else think that the waiting period between the end of the Grand Final series and the start of Free Agency is too long?
I know it is only 2 weeks, but a lot can happen in 2 weeks (eg: Carter's offer from Sweden, which the Sixers can't even attempt to match until Friday)

Reply #317363 | Report this post

Big Sexy  
Years ago

Clarky they can match it, there is nothing stopping them from signing their current players but they want to see what else is out there. The 2 weeks gives the teams who are in the Grand Finals a chance to sign any of their free agents, I don't think it is too long espically with how many people actually work at NBL Clubs

Reply #317365 | Report this post

clarky  
Years ago

Oh of course they can match it - had a mental blank there (thinking no free agents could be signed for 2 weeks)

The main reason I'm questioning the length is that a team like the Tigers (rumoured to be looking for an Aussie PG) may very well miss out on keeping a talented player like Carter in the league.

I know there are a lot of factors that come into play when signing free agents and building a team, but I just wonder if the gap means the league loses talented players to overseas offers.

Reply #317366 | Report this post

DJ Rod  
Years ago

uh oh - Crocs have a coach now...

uh oh it's the coach Schenscher wanted...

:) :) :) ;P

Reply #317373 | Report this post

Routy  
Years ago

Classic DJ Rod, let's hope we we get Schensh and PC asap.

Reply #317388 | Report this post

Peter  
Years ago

I agree with Fiz
Players are nervous about coming here with the way Clarke coaches
Schensher will stay at Townsville.
Even if we got him he would struggle under Clarke as all the players have.
Not bothered about Carter leaving, he is a really bad decision maker and a 2 guard, not a point gurad at all.

Reply #317397 | Report this post

The Special 1  
Years ago

clark better pull his contacts out and get a replacement

Reply #317434 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

I didn't realise so many people on this forum were reporters or player agents who speak with league talent on a regular basis so they can say "Talent is scared about the way Marty coaches" and "I don't come to Adelaide because of Marty Clarke".

Which is quite hilarious considering there have been several newspaper articles in the advertiser in the past few weeks stating the exact opposite.

If you don't like Marty Clarke, just say "I think Marty Clarke is the reason..." rather than assuming the entire league has the notion.

Hell Andrej Lemanis just touted a "6 year plan" and the title this year was the end result. Marty hasn't even had a 2nd season yet. I would love to see an alternate timeline of Phil Smyth finishing bottom of the ladder in his 1st year. Would people blame Phil, or the likes of Maher and Co?

Reply #317440 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Get off Martys back, if anything players will stay away because Sixers fans are ruthless and will crucify a player that strings together a couple of bad games. I could not believe last lesson posters wanted ballinger gone and he's our captain.

Reply #317444 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

If players can't take criticism from a minority group of fans (about 3% compared to people at the game) on a forum then I wouldn't want them on the team as they are obviously mentally weak. Anyway, I don't think these players you speak of get effected so dramatically by what we write on here. However, I agree also how people are just making things up about Clarke that players don't want to play here

Being captain doesn't mean you will be resigned. "Ballinger because you are captain that means you have immunity for this season"

Reply #317452 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You gotta be kidding if anyone on here actually thinks the players OR Coaches give a rats ass about what people write on this forum! THEY run the show, not wanna be's and have beens.

Reply #317455 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I know for a fact Reece wanted to stay. He laid it in the table saying he was committed where's the pen I'll sign right now, but Marty and his clown show wanted to run all other avenues. Let's face it, Bruce is our back up and were after a free agent/ import to run the point so carters not a priority

Reply #317463 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You know for a fact that he wanted to stay but don't even know how to spell his name?

Reply #317464 | Report this post

HoldenV8  
Years ago

Ok, its Thursday night. Clubs can talk to free agents as of tomorrow. But with regard to Rhys Carter, has he definitely signed to play in Sweden or is he going to see what Adelaide's offer is?

I haven't heard a thing and I guess that like everyone, I'd like to know.

Reply #317465 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No commitment to Sweden yet. Good offer coming though so there isnt much time if someone wants him.

Reply #317466 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sorry, my nephews name is Reece my bad.
I've got mates on the inside with info, who cares if I spelt his name wrong
Tomatoes tomatoes. Sorry grammar man

Reply #317469 | Report this post

dave-blocknorth  
Years ago

If Carter goes, then good luck to him.
Regardless of whether he wanted to play under Clarke or not, doesnt really matter. When the money is good, there is no such thing as club loyalty. This is there job and if you got a better offer from a perspective employer, wouldnt you go? I sure would.

However without Carter, I guess this means it shakes things up. Cant wait to hear what his replacement will be? :)

Reply #317471 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:22 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754