Guard / Dwyane Wade / Miami / (24) 392
Guard / Russell Westbrook / Oklahoma City / 184

2010-11 All-NBA Third Team
Forward / LaMarcus Aldridge / Portland / 135
Forward / Zach Randolph / Memphis / 67
Center / Al Horford / Atlanta / 62
Guard / Manu Ginobili / San Antonio / 106
Guard / Chris Paul / New Orleans / 157

Other players receiving votes, with point totals (first team votes in parentheses): Rajon Rondo, Boston, 68; Paul Pierce, Boston, 55; Carmelo Anthony, Denver-New York, 53; Kevin Love, Minnesota, 48; Tim Duncan, San Antonio, 43; Blake Griffin, L.A. Clippers, 36; Tony Parker, San Antonio, 27; Kevin Garnett, Boston, 22; Deron Williams, Utah-New Jersey 19; Steve Nash, Phoenix, 17; Andrew Bogut, Milwaukee, 13; Monta Ellis, Golden State, 11; Nene, Denver, 11; Andrew Bynum, L.A. Lakers, 9; Kevin Martin, Houston, 7; Tyson Chandler, Dallas, 7; Joakim Noah, Chicago, 5; Marc Gasol, Memphis, 3; Al Jefferson, Utah, 3; Kendrick Perkins, Boston-Oklahoma City, 3; Andrea Bargnani, Toronto, 2; Chris Bosh, Miami, 2; Andre Iguodala, Philadelphia, 1; Emeka Okafor, New Orleans, 1; Eric Gordon, L.A. Clippers, 1; Gerald Wallace, Charlotte-Portland, 1; Jason Kidd, Dallas, 1; Luis Scola, Houston, 1; Luol Deng, Chicago, 1; Ray Allen, Boston, 1

Topic #25532 | Report this topic

AK-47  
Years ago

Beat me to it LC!

Hard to argue with those selections I reckon!

Reply #317483 | Report this post

DJ Rod  
Years ago

good to see Bogut get more votes than Nene, Bynum, Chandler etc - especially plying left handed this season

Rondo may have been unlucky to miss out...

Reply #317488 | Report this post

Juror 12  
Years ago

I'd make at least two changes:

Swap Dirk and Durant - I think Dirk had the better year and he probably would have been first team if he hadn't missed that stretch of games

Swap Paul and Westbrook - Westbrook was good this year but no way was he better than Paul (and Paul didn't have Durant to help him out)

And maybe swap Wade and Kobe (but I think I am being swayed by playoff form and not regular season)

Good to see Aldridge and Randolph make it over Melo, Griffin, Love etc

Reply #317494 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

I'd be swapping Dirk and Durant around; then swapping Gasol and Aldridge around.

I think Aldridge had a career year and certainly had more of an impact for his team than Gasol did for LA.

I'll go out on a limb as well and say that Blake Griffin should have been in the All NBA 3rd team instead of Al Horford.

Reply #317499 | Report this post

Speed44  
Years ago

Wade was better in the regular season than Kobe IMO, and though they don't always count for much, the stats back me up as well.

Reply #317501 | Report this post

David  
Years ago

I think people might be basing their views on Dirks Playoff explosion rather then on regular season performances. Dirk has been outstanding in the playoffs but no one was talking about the Mavs and him until the secound round of the playoffs.

Reply #317563 | Report this post

Oden08  
Years ago

That's not true David. Everyone was talking about Dirk for the first half of the season. And when he got injured and the Mavs lost a heap of games without him his case was even stronger. I think the fact that the Mavs (and Dirk to a lesser extent) had a fairly average finish to the season really hurt him. Durant on the other hand had an average start to the season but finished strongly (when everyone is voting)

Reply #317575 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:20 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754