David
Years ago

NBA Contraction

NBA Contraction anyone support it? I tend to think it would add more depth to the NBA 30 teams is alot of NBA teams and there just don't seem to be the depth around the league. This was backed up by a comment by Charles Barkley 10 years ago who siad "the Bulls won over 70 games but their were teams who had the talent to win over 70 games in the past but the league was alot tougher then. It's not as tough top to bottom as it has been in the past".

Trouble also is that commentators who are calling for Contraction are just basing it on teams who are not winning at the moment. I read One artile who rated Miami as the least likely 25th out of 30 teams for contraction. He obvisoulsy has not done his research because Miami before Shaq and Wade were stinking it up in the NBA in attendance now they have Lebron, Bosh and Wade there doing well in attendance. But if you remove those stars the attendance is quite shoddy to the point where Jack Ramsay was aksed 10 years ago if there was teams he would like to contract which one. He siad Atlanta and one of the teams in florida, it was most likely he was referring to Miami.

I doubt NBA contraction well happen without a fight though NBA players top to bottom will lose out on this proposal. NBA players union are pretty fickle when it comes to change even it is the for benifit of the sport. Can anyone remember the Proposed Age limit of 20 in the NBA? Despite have the backing of Michael Jordan the NBA Union fought and screamed till they brought down to 19. Even now they are still bristeling with changeing it back to 18.

Lebron also publically stated he would support Contaction but the next day he backed down on his comments. I can guarantee the players union would of got in his ear about that one.

Topic #25544 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Contraction - merging clubs?

That was a long read to not get what the hell u r talking about David!

Reply #317655 | Report this post

TJ  
Years ago

agreed man speak english

Reply #317779 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:24 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754