Anon
Years ago

Ankle Braces or Taping

I am doing a research topic for SACE and been told been discussion on here before about taping and ankle braces.
Can anybody help me find the topic.Would also welcome any info about the benefits or otherwise or site of interest.Thank You.

Topic #25560 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Just look at what million dollar players are doing and thats it. Saves you time and the risk of getting it wrong in the end.

PS. only brace wearing such player is Derrick Rose due to Adidas sponsorship and he keeps having ankle problems (that he now probably tapes them too underneath :)

Reply #317927 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There's a pretty good and very recent (2010) article in the Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research by Cloak et al called:

"The effect of ankle bracing on peak mediolateral ground reaction force during cutting maneuvers in collegiate male basketball players"

It's a decent place to start, also helpful to examine the works cited in that article. Happy research!

Reply #317932 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

As long as you wear a good pair of shoes, I haven't found much difference over my 30 years in the game.

FWIW, by good pair of shoes, I mean avoid And-1. Nothing against them - they remain the most comfortable shoes I've ever worn - but they buggered my feet and plenty of teammates too. Buy em for casual, not for performance.

Reply #317949 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:42 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754