JCK98
Years ago

NBL on One next season?

How many games per round will be on One next season?

Topic #25563 | Report this topic

TJ  
Years ago

i heard from 2-4

Reply #317960 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Supposed to be three, plus NZ, so one Fri, Sat & Sun, plus the Thurs game when it's in Auckland.

Reply #317963 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

I think it is just a case of wait and see at the moment. I am sure the NBL will make an announcement once something is finalised.

Reply #317970 | Report this post

DJ Rod  
Years ago

What do u guys think about Sunday arvo games? I actually like them but not sure if they = higher ticket sales or not

Last season we had 2 here in Townsville - I organize the game night entertainment so I made it a family funday Sunday and had free rides, face painting, lollies, ice cream and jumping castle out the front of the venue b4 the game. then we gave away a heap of prizes during time outs and other breaks... a couple of kids got new bikes and PS3's, wiis etc

I think it is something the NBL (or individual teams) should look into, especially if Sunday games are good for OneHD

Reply #317972 | Report this post

Big Sexy  
Years ago

We had a few in Adelaide and didn't mind them to much

Reply #317975 | Report this post

lol56  
Years ago

I liked the Sunday arvo games, but we didn't have a hot summer so not 40+ days. Would have been interesting to have been in the stadium in the middle of the hottest part of the day.

I also preferred more Friday night games than Saturday night, around that time of the year there is always a lot of things on but most of them are Saturday night so I didn't have to choose between basketball and something else

Reply #317981 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's meant to be three One games next season, four the following year, five the year after that but now with the new owners at Ten (Murdoch/Rinehart etc) they are reducing the amount of sport in primetime allegedly to try and improve the channel's ratings. It has but only marginally. The real reason was to reduce the competition it provides to Murdoch's/Packer's Fox Sports.

I'd be grateful if we even get two games a week next season.

Reply #318014 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

ONE is still a sports station on weekends and during the day on weekdays, so they still need content. I am not sure there will be Friday and Sunday night prime time games this year though, maybe Friday night from Perth or delayed games?

Reply #318020 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I know they need content paul but I was thinking like you said primetime will now be out of the picture. Maybe a live Sunday early afternoon game (ala this year's playoffs) which still wouldn't get in the way of their AFL coverage if they decided to buy a couple of games off of Seven.

If there were to be another game I'm sure it will be delayed, midnight jobs. Obviously there won't be any live midweek afternoon games.

Reply #318022 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^^^ Dude, football is played at a different time of year!

Reply #318030 | Report this post

tyrell  
Years ago

dj rod- that sounds like a well-run event- all clubs should follow this model- attract the fans by giving them something to come for- the game but also the rest!!!

all clubs- take note!

Reply #318046 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

I could see NZ games at 5pm and Friday at 10ish possibly, and definitely Saturday and Sunday afternoon. But it is all guesswork and it is assuming the contract wont be bought out.

Looking at some of the fixturing it looks to me like the NBL are very confident they will be on again. Two live weekend games and one delayed game would be a good result for mine. Only the AFL really has a better FTA presence than that in terms of number of games and timeslot (not which channel they are on), and their presence in some parts is not that good.

Reply #318047 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

tyrell - you happy to pay the bill for all of this? Don't get me wrong, it's a great idea, but it ain't cheap!

Reply #318058 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

It depends how much entertainment you have, but you can do it well for less than you might think. We have done this for our football club on a few occasions and the PR and new fans it attracts is well worth the few hundred dollars it costs each time.

Reply #318062 | Report this post

DJ Rod  
Years ago

it didn't cost us much with all of the give aways donated by sponsors - all we paid for was the rides & face painting... $1500

Reply #318066 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

We had face painting, jumping castle and animal farm for $600. I like the idea of a couple of kids rides.

Reply #318068 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

zero

Reply #318241 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

I hope you are wrong anon but it certainly is possible. At least the NBL might get a big bag of cash out of it.

Reply #318250 | Report this post

yanza  
Years ago

I am sorry to say but i prefer to watch nba games instead especially live ones

Reply #318976 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:13 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754