burgundy???
Years ago

HOMICIDE @ 36ERS...

The Adelaide 36ers would be mad not to sign Corey 'Homicide' Williams as their starting PG for the 2011/12 NBL Championship season.

Homicide who is currently playing at the Brisbane Spartans in the SEABL Competition is apparantly aiming to naturalise and therefor become an Australian citizen.

With Adelaide having no obvious PG options now Adam Gibson has re-signed with the Gold Coast Blaze and Rhys Carter reportedly leaving for Sweden, an experienced and talented PG like 'Homicide' would make a great fit the Adelaide.

Some people have said Williams does not create for his teammates and is a score first player. But as his late arrival at the Melbourne Tigers other players benefited from his play with their numbers increasing since his arrival.

Also with Adelaide containing several young up and coming players and NBL experienced player like Williams would seem to help them immensely.

And if Adelaide were to sign centre Luke Shenscher the 7 footer could only benefit from the attention Williams attracts. With the 36ers boasting shooters Darren Ng, Nathan Herbert and maybe signing another pure shooter it would be hard to see why they shouldn't at least look at signing the New York native.

any thoughts???

Topic #25564 | Report this topic

Big Sexy  
Years ago

Ervin would be a better option than Homicide, I think Homicide should be the sixers last option behind guys like Ervin, Patty Mills (if he is willing to play) and even Ubaka.

Reply #317974 | Report this post

Coopz  
Years ago

Sounds like a good summary of the 100+ other posts from the last fortnight regarding Homicide.

Check out the other posts for all arguments for and against.

But personally (as i have not yet weighed in) I'm FOR Homicide, although it will never happen.

I've always been a fan of the import format of:
One import who puts points on the board, and another who puts bums on seats.

Homicide is a rare mix of both.

I also understand all the reasons that he wouldn't fit in at the 36ers though.

Reply #317976 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

he's an exciting player with a great skill set but not the player to take you to a championship.

Reply #317978 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

Depends on who else gets signed. I wouldn't put him on a team with Schensher and Balls in the lineup.

Luke needs to be the primary scorer, with Balls as the backup. Homicide being on the team would mean he'd have to be the primary scorer; and I don't think that would work.

If he was fine being the 2nd/3rd scoring option in that lineup, I'd be fine; but I doubt he can be that type of player (aka, a "True PG").

Reply #317979 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Mystro, I think most Sixers fans just want to finish well clear of 8th at the moment, theyll worry about a championship later.

Reply #317983 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

burgundy??? has to be Homicide's agent, right?

Reply #317992 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sounds like he might be I don't think Homicide's stock has improved with his play/attitude in SEABL at the moment.

Reply #318016 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

Marty needs guys who hold their farts in. He couldnt handle Williams!

Reply #318026 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Right now Homicide playing for the Spartans isn't a good idea. Played 2 games and lost them both. Of course Ash Cannan isn't playing. Someone should look at Cannan as an NBL player.

Reply #318028 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Groves looks pretty good.

Clarke - " If I catch you smiling agen, Williams
there'll be trouble. Listen to me . Have some respect.
Get over and do a 100 push-ups."

Reply #318035 | Report this post

The Journo  
Years ago

Ervin is clearly the way to go, if Adelaide get Schenscher.

Schenscher/Johnson
Ballinger/Dowdell
Weigh/Creek
Ng/Hill
Ervin/Bruce

Reply #318043 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

The sixers sound pretty keen on Nathan Herbert
and the Kings keen.. very keen on Aaron Bruce.

Reply #318049 | Report this post

The Special One  
Years ago

The Kings can have Bruce. The sixers should be keen on Herbert as he is an awesome defensive & offensive player

Reply #318052 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

Special One, I'd look at keeping both. Bruce is a talented PG; a Pure PG at that.

I agree that Herbert is a great player all-round and has that hustle you want in a defender. I think a backcourt of Bruce/Herbert would be quite nice to field.

That's IF we can sign Luke.

Reply #318064 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

homicide is one of the biggest punks to ever hit our shores.

i feel sorry for any team who feels they 'need' him.

he should stick to twitter.

Reply #318071 | Report this post

Red  
Years ago

@Homicide will not be at 36ers.

Reply #318074 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Both Sydney and Adelaide are talking to Ervin.

Reply #318100 | Report this post

@rangaMITCH  
Years ago

Not to mention Wollongong. They want him to stay and so does he apparently

Reply #318124 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#318028 homicide has already bolted out of there!!

Reply #318127 | Report this post

How do you know  
Years ago

Is it true that he has really left the Spartans

Reply #318155 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

A friend heard guys talking about it at the stadium so up there it doesnt sound like much of a secret

Reply #318186 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

I think he played 3 games ...
He's gone , now.

Reply #318477 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:27 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754