Jack Toft
Years ago

R7 ABL Action

Rockets-Lions @ Hillcrest
Women: Rockets are out of the 5 on %, and Lions with a chance to lift to 4 if results go their way. The Rockettes had a less than convincing win against the Mavs and may find it hard to beat a pride of Lions purring with confidence. Momentum with the Lions should be enough to get an away win.
Men: Josh Bond blasted the Mavs last round with 40 points and Scott Whitmore has had two weeks stroking his cat to devise a plan to neutralise Bond, Josh Bond. Both teams seem a little guard heavy so we could see plenty of run and shoot. The Lions are a team that run on confidence and their first win last round might spur them on to want the W more than the Rockets. A double win for the Lions was embarrasing enough for the Tigers, it'll be even worse for the wunce mighty Wockets.

South-Sturt @ Marion
Women: The most unlucky women’s team plays one of the most defensive teams. Sturt are holding their opponents to a miserly 50 ppg. Last time I saw someone that wretched was my Glaswegian great-aunt who gave me 20 cents for my birthday (and Christmas) and told me not to spend it all at once. Madgen will be the one spending big on South’s credit card tonight and leaving them with the hangover.
Men: South will be looking to halt a 4 game loosing streak and get their season back on track. Sturt will be missing the J-Diddy who is enjoying struessel and vienna coffee. Sturt are in an uncharacteristic 4th spot and as menacing as a Datsun in a drag contest. Sturt know that they could recover from a loss tonight, but a loss for South would be like Austin Powers loosing his mojo before new year’s eve. The men’s comp is pretty close this season and while Sturt probably have a 6 point lean over South, the absence of Jacob should tips the scales to South.

Warriors-Flames @ St Clair
Women: Warriors were held to 29 pts last round and will get no respite this round. The Flames juggernaut will be all over the young Warriors tonight who face being toasted alive. If Sturt are as miserly as my great-aunt, then the Flames must be like her other sister. The most defensive team is holding teams to under 50 ppg and Warriors may be lucky to get to 40. The only thing against the Flames is that they can’t seem to deliver the knockout punch to teams. This’ll be a low scoring affair.
Men: Woodville are keeping pace with the pack and Norwood leading it. On paper, Norwood are ahead by about 25 points, but anything is possible with this Warriors team. If they can handle the oppressive heat of Norwood’s D, it’ll be close. Mean Al Green will need all his cunning tonight if he can steer the Warriors to a win. Norwood had a wakeup call last round and Brad Davidson will be setting the team alarm early. No sleep ins for the red and blue who won’t be caught napping tonight.

Eagles-Mavs @ Wayville
Women: The Eagles are not the force they were last season and will need to make the most of their opportunities if they wish to sneak into the 5. An upset loss against the Mavs would be beyond embarrassing, but unlikely to happen.
Men: Eagles sitting at 3 snuffed out the Flames last round and the Mavs have had their weaknesses exposed. Should be a fast, high scoring game. Anyone heard of D? This may be first mens game this season to have 200 points scored. You could almost think they were donating a dollar per point scored to charity. Eagles slightly better at home may have the edge in this scorefest. It’ll be a long road home for the Mavvies tonight. "No soup for you"

Tigers-Bearcats @ Morphett Vale
Women: The Bearcats opened the season with a blinder and seem to be in cruise mode with one gear out of top gear, but still getting the job done to be undefeated. The Tigers have been able to play under pressure and get those tight wins when needed. I reckon there’s about 20 points between the teams, but that means nothing on a night if both teams are hungry. This will be a tight one tonight and the tigeresses will need to knock off a big scalp like this if they want to be a threat in finals - they will go down scratching.
Men: Tigers are at risk of the cellar with a loss tonight if the Lions knock off the Rockets. The Bearcats seem to have a little bit more firepower and they have been getting the job done better than the Tigers. There has been plenty of movement off season and the welcome mat out will be out to those who have defected. West by 8 if things go to their plan, Tigers to claw a W if things go to their plan.

Topic #25569 | Report this topic

Hg  
Years ago

Plenty to see this round, new lions women coach, brandon brine suiting for north after winning the clearance battle, new American for wooodville men and possible mottram suiting for eagles men.

I think that's all

Reply #318080 | Report this post

Crows_fan67  
Years ago

Mens tips....
North over centrals by 10+, north coming off two straight big wins and suiting up Brine will be too much
Sturt over south 15+, just too good
Norwood over woodville by 15+, will come out hungry after unexpected loss last round
Forestville over eastern 10+
Westies over southern by 20, too big and strong

Reply #318108 | Report this post

Filthy Mexican  
Years ago

New lions women's coach?? I haven't heard that piece of gossip, can you elaborate?

Reply #318134 | Report this post

in the know  
Years ago

Ben Todd is coaching centrals women as Tony resigned due to health reasons

Reply #318137 | Report this post

Filthy Mexican  
Years ago

That's a shame about Tony, class guy all the way, best of luck with health to the big fella

Reply #318142 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Womens:
Lions over Rockets by 5-10 - MOTR - Mahoney triple double
Sturt over South by 30 - Madgen to drop 30
Flames over Warriors by 30 - comfortable with bench used
Eagles over Mavs by 30 - enough said
West over Southern by 20 - Southern to play a 2 quaters well

Men:
Rockets over Lions by 20 - play the same style North better at it
South over Sturt by 5 - MOTR - No JH, south to break the streak
Flames over Warriors by 20 - prove a point from last week
Mavs over Eagles by 10 - Hill, Bruce, Madgen to drop 80 combined
West over Southern by 10 - Closer than expected by west not in top gear.

Reply #318147 | Report this post

again....  
Years ago

West men to go down to Southern in the upset of the round.
the silver will work against them again as I have checked the website

Reply #318154 | Report this post

hurry up  
Years ago

Thank god for your write up Jack as BSA are too slack to update sporting pulse review ........... at least we can see some type of review....thanks....

Reply #318240 | Report this post

rocket  
Years ago

Good write-up again Jack. Thanks from all of us.

Reply #318242 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I love jacks work don't get me wrong but if you check the web under CABL off the BSA site this rounds preview is up. Not as good as jacks but still something.

Reply #318264 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jack's write ups make my week.

Reply #318276 | Report this post

Again..... I take a little bit of offence to that. Im actually looking forward towards the game.

Reply #318330 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There's nothing like watching the game, but Jack's promotion is great. I can't get the picture of Scott Whitmore stroking a cat out of my mind.

Reply #318340 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sturt women d South women by about 20 or so. Sturt struggled early at both ends then took over on the third.

South men d Sturt men by 3 with no JH playing. Scores 54 a piece at half time with South shooting at 57% and Sturt at 55%. sturt had last offence down by 3, but Ng was off the court due to calf cramping. Couldnt get a good look to take it to OT.

Reply #318383 | Report this post

Callisto66  
Years ago

Can West play a round without Durant,Mcdonald or Weiland as their Refs?But thank you Mark Frost and Jim Grigoul for your time and effort today.
West won double.
Fracken Amy Porter(her 5th was a puss week call) and Webber got fouled off.Its a bloody joke.The 7 other clubs, when not playing West,dont get these 3?

*Also get JH off the front of HANG TIME.Sick of seeing his armpits*
*Can any of the other clubs make an effort to put the player list inside WITH numbers???????*

Reply #318425 | Report this post

stupid  
Years ago

what a stupid post callisto

ND,BM,NW are your top three officials and you don't want them on West games

What a fool

Reply #318437 | Report this post

stupid  
Years ago

and before you come back at me too quickly Phil & Andy are not doing many games and are not available for finals anyway due to league rules

Reply #318438 | Report this post

sook  
Years ago

Whats different someone from West bagging reffs

Reply #318441 | Report this post

The Answer  
Years ago

Norwood has had all of those 3 when not playing West.

Someone should check their facts.

Reply #318444 | Report this post

keen to duel??  
Years ago

yes we were very very lucky to see some younger officials out there, and just a sidenote, Jim Griguol did a fabulous job, we love our jimmy

Reply #318476 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:54 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754