Mystro
Years ago

Breakers repeat

if they can keep the main nucleus of their championship team, does anyone think they can pull of a repeat NBL title?

Topic #25571 | Report this topic

Tornado  
Years ago

All dependant on who they keep Mystro, but I cant see why not if they keep most of their current team. I think Abercrombie is the key though!!

Reply #318103 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

No doubt they can, but actually doing it is the tough part!

Reply #318107 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

Is the afterglow of winnning the championship starting to wear off Mystro?

No need to be asking these types of questions just yet. Pull out the recording of game 3 again and enjoy the championship victory once more.

Reply #318113 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Geez i sure hope not, I really dislike the Breakers, they have replaced the Magic for mine!

Reply #318167 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

I'd personally hate to see it, but yes they could definitely do it.

Reply #318177 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

They certainly could. However I doubt they will have as easier time of it next season.

Reply #318181 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

I think even if they field the same team minus Henare, other teams like the Sixers, GC and Melb who are all improving their teams in the off season will be a lot more competitive than they were.
Lol Big Ads, nah hasn't worn off yet but NSEC would look a lot better with another one hanging from the roof ;)

Reply #318183 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

One thing I have liked about the NZ win is the talks already of the Wellington Saints potentially wanting to join the league at some point. It's all speculation, but its still chatter that has the chance of expanding the league to a much more respectable size audience.

Should be interesting.

Reply #318198 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

And I think an expansion team in NZ would be a good thing for the Oz NBL.

2nd Melb team
Brisbane
Wellington
Newcastle???????

Reply #318208 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:00 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754