Detroit
Years ago

NBA Off Season Trades

So I have been thinking about some possible off season trades within the NBA, but the one that I keep going back to is:

Boston and Oklahoma City
Trade Rondo for Westbrook

Boston get the advantage of another guy who can score the ball, to make up for the older guys starting to waiver in ppg. OKC get the slick passing and court general that is Rondo, who is happy to dish to ball and set up team mates.

I know it has its not a complete perfect trade, but what are peoples thoughts?

Any other players who you think could be involved in a trade to benefit both teams?

Topic #25581 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Boozer for Harden and collison

Reply #318292 | Report this post

tyrell  
Years ago

i thought rondo was contracted to the c's?

Reply #318293 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Do you seriously think either team will do this? Boston will riot, OKC will riot.

Reply #318301 | Report this post

Speed44  
Years ago

I think the Boozer for Harden trade is pretty solid. Maybe the Bulls throw in Brewer too?

Reply #318305 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

why do OKC do harden for boozer? they just got perk so ibaka can slide down to the 4. While boozer is better overall i dont think its by much in that system and he would take shots away from durant and westbrook. Harden has really come on now and is providing extra scoring. The only reason i can see why they would do it is to get some good post scoring and spread the floor inside out, but i'm not sure its worth it.

Reply #318306 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

also i doubt the $$$ would line up easy, harden would still be on his rookie contract.

Reply #318307 | Report this post

AK-47  
Years ago

OKC would not even be slightly interested in any of those trades, the team has just made the western conference and could potentially win the big one this year. They're not looking for a big shake up.

Reply #318327 | Report this post

Speed44  
Years ago

The $$ do work out, checked on the Trade Machine, but yeah, it's not likely. Although, with the play of Taj Gibson, I wouldn't be surprised if Boozer was on the block next season.

Reply #318334 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"i thought rondo was contracted to the c's?"

thats why they call it a trade.

Reply #318338 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

Anyone else see the humour of Boozer being on the same team as a Brewer

Reply #318356 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Yep, but not as funny as the Gay-Love Grizzlies woulda been! Why Chris Wallace? Why would you turn down that combo? Would've been awesome!

Reply #318357 | Report this post

pwned  
Years ago

rondo westbrook may not be so far fetched if you consider westbrook was benched in their win against dallas the other day

Reply #318368 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

The problem to start with is that Rondo is $10 mill per while Westbrook is only on $5 mill next season. The Thunder would have to throw in more to salary to make it work.

Westbrook doesn't really solve Boston's problems either. Boston was a top two team in the first half of the season. What stopped them from carrying that into the post season was three things:
- Rondo's injury problems (plantar fasciitis, bad back, then his elbow)
- Lack of help in the paint for KG due to injuries to the O'Neal's and Krstic
- Loss of chemistry after the trade

The Celtics don't need to swap Rondo for Westbrook, they need some healthy frontline support. So I don't see Ainge doing this trade unless they also address other deficiencies, which would mean acquiring Ibaka and Collison too (and the Thunder would never do that)!!!

Reply #318378 | Report this post

@rangaMITCH  
Years ago

Do you think that the Grizzlies will try and trade O.J Mayo at the end of the season? Because of committing finacially to Gay, Randolf and Gasol there isn't enough cap room for him which makes him dispensable. If so, who would be interested in him?

Reply #318446 | Report this post

Speed44  
Years ago

@ranga - Chicago are the obvious choices, they are crying out for a decent SG. Though I did read that the GM and coach of the Grizz have no intent to trade him.

Reply #318454 | Report this post

TJ  
Years ago

maybe Bosh for a good PG

Reply #318503 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

After how Bosh played today, he isn't moving anywhere

Reply #318504 | Report this post

@rangaMITCH  
Years ago

LA needs a decent point guard too. Fisher is getting a bit past it these days. I heard some websites throwing around DJ Augustin's name as potential target for the Lakers. The guy is a gun!

Reply #318514 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

Charlotte would be crazy to give up DJ.
Give us kobe or gasol and its a deal but thats about it. Dont want artest or odom *vomit*

Reply #318523 | Report this post

@rangaMITCH  
Years ago

We are talking about Charlotte. They don't always make the best trades. Besides, crazier things could happen?

Reply #318525 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:36 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754