Moses Guthrie
Years ago

NH: Port Adelaide Football Club

As an avid Port supporter for at least as long as I've been alive and probably longer, is it just me that's totally heartbroken at what's happening to our club? This isn't rebuilding. This is tearing the fabric and the very identity of our club apart. Is it the coach? Is it the players? Is it the whole damn thing?

Play your best players and forget this whole youth thing. Players get games when they earn them. Swallow your pride and sign a midfield coach like Andrew Jarman. Get someone in there, like Jars, who will say what he thinks and rock the place up a bit. But for heavens' sake, do something. I can't take this much more. Pathetic Pitman? More like pathetic Port.

And before the Crows' supporters jump on here with their "sucked in" comments etc, I fear for your club too. South Australian football - at the AFL level - is in a diabolical mess at the minute. For you guys ..... play Taylor Walker or send him to us and we'll play him. You can have Daniel Motlop, Dean Laidley, Kane and Chad Cornes and a bag of fruit in return. Sounds like a fair deal at the minute.

Signed Frustrated Man.

Topic #25588 | Report this topic

bring it  
Years ago

it's how you travel in the rough times that shows the character of the club.

everyone now, more than ever needs to support the team.

power did it in 2004 and surprised in 2007 - there is no reason it can't be done again, look how carlton have built back up. It is competitive out there and things do not happen overnight.

Reply #318359 | Report this post

bring it  
Years ago

I.M.O. we need some good old fashioned blokes built like brick shithouses along the central spine as focal points and talented, skilled runners around them.
And I am drawing that conclusion in the fact that's what we need to match up on against the top sides.

Reply #318360 | Report this post

Yanza  
Years ago

Your right Carlton r awesome and I can't wait to see port get flogged by them the best team ever in round 11 .
Port suck as well as crows

Reply #318362 | Report this post

K.E.T  
Years ago

You idea of a 'best team ever' is one that three other teams ahead of them on the ladder.

Both Port and Crows aren't in the best situations atm, but the fact that Port has less wins than Gold Coast is kinda amusing. Talent wise for the Crows it's not too concerning, half the team has played less than 20 games. Ports is way under performing.

Crows and Port will both have declining attendances and money issues until they move to Adelaide Oval, it will be a tough few years, but there is a bright future for both clubs.

Reply #318369 | Report this post

K.E.T  
Years ago

Your*

Reply #318370 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Should have stayed out of the AFL!!!

Reply #318372 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I dont think Port have one single star player. Most boring unmarketbale team from SA in recent years. Best thing about them is that jersey the 6 year old designed!

Reply #318373 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ha, Carlton heaps good. How's warnock mate? Kicking goals from 6 mtrs out?
Oh yeah, how many finals matches have Carlton won in the last decade? That's right f@ck all. Port and the crows will prob win a flag before the blues cause this Carlton team won't get one in this window. Ha ha

Reply #318375 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Port obviously need to get better players as they have no midfield or forward line currently.

I don't know why they don't give Chad Cornes a run in the forward line. No one else is doing anything up there and perhaps could save his career a few more years if he can do well up there. Its worth a shot

Reply #318376 | Report this post

bring it  
Years ago

just watched a great game tigers v bombers.
The tiger fans were awesome after the game, sang with real get up and go !

Reply #318381 | Report this post

K.E.T  
Years ago

Think i'll avoid watching Crows v Collingwood.

112pt loss for the crows

Reply #318384 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Didn't even bother watching the Port/Freo game and just tuned in to watch the Foxtel Cup game between North Adelaide and Labrador.

More entertaining but Jars in the commentary booth was embarrassing.

Reply #318387 | Report this post

Elite  
Years ago

Cyclical unfortunately. Look where Brisbane are too, and they've still got one of the best players in the game playing for them.

KET - Do a count on Ports sub 20 gamers from yesterday.

Reply #318389 | Report this post

In the Knoiw  
Years ago

Will be a lot better with Cassisi back

Reply #318405 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Coach

Enough saidd

Reply #318409 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

Ports problems are purely financial which means it cannot afford the best coaches and players do not want to play for them

Reply #318420 | Report this post

Mookie  
Years ago

The Richmond Tigers are the future, mark my words.

Reply #318422 | Report this post

Elite  
Years ago

They've been that for over 20 years Mookie....

Reply #318426 | Report this post

Skud  
Years ago

I feel sorry for Primus, he inherited a team that just doesnt give a shit anymore. Port has always had an arrogance about them and right now its biting them hard in the ass.
Next year will be a better year for Port, big clearout coming I would imagine.

Reply #318637 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

I don't know why the coach just doesn't flood the back line like the crows do. It makes the game very boring but at least they might have more of a chance of winning

Reply #318644 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Has anybody asked Eddi McGuire, if he is about protecting the black and white stripes, has he contacted Swan district's, Nugent is, Adelaide city, Newcastle United

Reply #817651 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:18 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754