Big Sexy
Years ago

Dusty welcome Brad Hill to Taipans

Dusty Rhycart just tweeted "Taipans fans lets welcome Brad Hill to the family #Taipans"

Topic #25596 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thank god for that

Reply #318481 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

That is a shame as he probably would have came good this year. However with Ng, Herbert and Creek one of them needed to go and he probably was the one to go. Also it makes it easier with the signing of Weigh.

Reply #318482 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Congrats Hilly. All the best.

Reply #318483 | Report this post

Big Sexy  
Years ago

I hope he has a fantastic season with the Taipans.
Here is the official release
http://www.nbl.com.au/news/article/2011/may/over-the-hill-about-brad-signing-1/

Reply #318484 | Report this post

The Answer  
Years ago

Now, as soon as he leaves the state.....CHANGE THE BLOODY LOCKS!!!

Reply #318485 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

great pickup by cairns - great replacement for dillon

Reply #318490 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There are some real fuckwits on here

Reply #318491 | Report this post

Jonno  
Years ago

Best of luck Hill, i think most on here would chose Ng, Herbert, Creek and Weigh over him so there just wasnt room for him in the 36ers if we are going to have the other 4, im glad to see him stay in the league and hope he does well

Reply #318493 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

lol the answer. kingjames, people have said "this is the year bard hill will come good" for the last 5 years

Reply #318495 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

Needs a new environment - good luck to him! Good athlete & he just might make all u die hard 36er fans eat humble pie.

The only fuckwit on here is u anon!!!

Reply #318496 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

I think Hill is a great pickup...36ers fans should be hoping he desn't come back to bite them!

Reply #318499 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Congratulations to Brad and I hope he thrives in a new environment! Talented player with scoring ability.

Reply #318500 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I can almost guarantee it, he will go off against us for 30+ points this season.

Reply #318501 | Report this post

TJ  
Years ago

good luck hilly he will probably bite us 36ers fans in butt

Reply #318502 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Brilliant! They can have him. He has shown no genuine form consistantly to show he will ever be more than the type of erratic performer he is now. Goodluck to him though, I for one am happy if he becomes a star on someone elses clock.

Reply #318507 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This will come back to bite the sixers.. Big lost

Reply #318508 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

He may well have felt too secure with the Sixers, hopefully this change and more accountability will test him and bring out the better baller more consistently that he has shown glimpses of.

Reply #318513 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

Well done to Brad for securing another contract. I always prefer to see locally based former sixer players get picked up by another club than to disappear from the league totally.

This is a great challenge for him, he's out of his comfort zone but old enough to appreciate the opportunities a new environment provides. I hope this venture interstate is more successful than his previous victorian experience. I hope he plays well against the sixers but on a losing team.

Reply #318516 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #318519 | Report this post

skull  
Years ago

i go back to a game last year where this kid decimated cairns with a 6 minute display of unstoppable offensive skills.
the problems he has faced so far with local adelaide fans accusing him of under performing(justified or not?)and also nepotism etc.
then he personaly tried to combat that by putting points on the board......big mistake,this alone has almost destroyed the kids future.

i don't know if this signing is true or not but i hope it is......i think this kid will respond under fearne.

cairns will find it's way in the nbl by signing displaced and potential young players like hill.

Reply #318521 | Report this post

@rangaMITCH  
Years ago

Congrats to Hill for getting a contract. Cairns will be a good place for his development. He will have a fresh slate on a team that needs all the talent it can get. I predict big things from him this year. Can envisage him starting up there on a permanent basis.

Skull, I completely agree with your comment about Cairns. There is no disrespect in getting the displaced and potential young stars and turning them into a decent playing roster. Good on them as well for committing to Hill.

Reply #318524 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think Skull was saying exactly what you said Mitch.

Reply #318527 | Report this post

@rangaMITCH  
Years ago

Doesn't mean i can't say it again does it? What can I say, he make a valid point lol

Reply #318529 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

My bad, I misread what you wrote, though it said disagree!

Reply #318531 | Report this post

@rangaMITCH  
Years ago

That's cool mate. Accidents happen :)

Reply #318532 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

I actually thought he improved this year. He was making less of those bone headed plays and seemed to have developed the corner three. While he does go a little loose at times i think he was pretty unfairly treated around here.

Reply #318533 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

Just read that release, did they say he is a player coach?

Reply #318535 | Report this post

@rangaMITCH  
Years ago

I think they said he is a player coach for the Eastern Mavericks in the CABL.

Reply #318536 | Report this post

Ushiro  
Years ago

At 25 years old and 7 years (less time out for the bad injury) in the NBL, Hill has had plenty of time and opportunity to establish himself. It is consistency week in and week out that makes a good player, not one big match in 10 and the rest very average. Good luck to Hill at Cairns but if hard decisions are what the 36er's fans want, then this is one that had to be made.

Reply #318537 | Report this post

tyrell  
Years ago

At least the guy will have fans who appreciate him up there! So much hate from the 36er fans (not all of you, but a lot!!)towards him, makes you wonder why he wouldn't want to stay! Good luck Brad!

Reply #318538 | Report this post

Skud  
Years ago

Bloody glad to see him go, wish him all the best luck in the world but I dont think a team with him in the starting 5 is going far..

I also laughed my ass of at this comment.

"He is a dogged defender which will suit our system perfectly, and offensively he's a smart player with range out to the three-point line"

Surely EVERYONE has to accept Hill has never been the smartest player

Reply #318539 | Report this post

K.E.T  
Years ago

haha right with you skud, sometimes he frustrates the shit outta me with his decisions

Reply #318541 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

if he flourishes in Cairns is it the Teams fault or the Coaching Staffs ie Sixers?

Reply #318545 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

What would you say about Forman in that regard?

Reply #318547 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

I think Oscars success was more down to him getting more touches in the Hawks offense so I'll say Team on that one.
As a Breaker Penney and Bruton were the go to guys on offense and Foreman was a 3rd or 4th option where at the Hawks he is often their first or second option.

Reply #318549 | Report this post

No Deal!!  
Years ago

Good luck to Brad. He was stellar last season, showed huge improvment in his decision making and added some consistency on his 3 pt shot.

I think he will be a solid starter for cairns at the 3 spot.

Reply #318553 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

I think that in Bruton's first year when he was getting into the lane possession after possession Oscar got a lot more shots. When Bruton slowed down the next year he didnt, plus he wasnt hitting the ones he got, plus being alongside Rickert, Ronaldson, Penney and Bruton his defensive weakesses were really exposed.

With the Hawks their offence and the penetration of Saville and Ervin got him the shots, he hardened up on the boards. You cant ignore the effect McLeod has on players too. It has happened too often to be a fluke.

As much as anything though, I think it was a much needed change of scenery, and if Hill excels I imagine that will be a big factor too.

Reply #318555 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

Brad Hill did improve this year; but still seemed to make some really basic fluffs during games.

My biggest problem with him was his inconsistency. You can't blame that on coaching or teammates; its solely on the player.

Here's hoping he does get the opportunities that he wants and developes into the player we all expected him to be. Best of luck; shame he wasn't able to do it here.

Reply #318565 | Report this post

lotum  
Years ago

agree with you skud if he starts they are in defensive trouble a fringe role player at best. I am nearly 50 and would beat him on the back door play good luck to him

Reply #318567 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

So Paul you are also saying Team with a bit of coaching influence?

Reply #318571 | Report this post

Peter  
Years ago

No hate from this fan!
Its a disgrace that he has been let go.
He is one of our better young players and has
proven himself on many occassions.

Reply #318608 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Mystro - new coach, new teammates, new system, new town. When out of form a change can make all the difference.

Reply #318626 | Report this post

Beagle  
Years ago

"this is the year bard hill will come good"

Bard Hill? Does that mean you think he's poetry in motion? :)

Good luck, Brad, hope you go well - just not against the Sixers.

Reply #318634 | Report this post

Bobby tables  
Years ago

Hills game reminds me of something charles barkley said about blake griffin - "he needs to slow down and play basketball". His athleticism was never in question, but the constant mistakes like over dribbling through traffic, not holding on to passes, and missing basic layups made it frustrating for us as fans. I hope he can find more consistency at Cairns. Good luck to him.

Reply #318649 | Report this post

sniper  
Years ago

This is an improvement if he is no longer at the 6ers. But in saying that, he still is a good player and one who plays with heart. Never been a major fan of Hill, but got used to him. Wish him luck anyhow

Reply #318696 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

I'd be quite happy to see Hill do well at Cairns.
He wasn't really improving his game at the Sixers, we don't really need him, so hopefully he can go somewhere else and improve and live up to that potential. Sounds like they might be giving him a starter role, maybe that's the spark he needs.
I kind of found this year that he played quite well in the first quarter of games, then was subbed off for the whole second quarter and was a bit out of it from there on. Give him consistant minutes and he might start putting it together.
I understand he's only signed a 1 year deal. Can't imagine he would have been offered great money at Cairns, so it would appear that the Sixers gave him a reasonable indication that we didn't intend to re-sign him. And the lure of a starting role would probably have been the big selling point.
Good luck to Cairns and Brad. Hopefully he can at least replace what Dillon gave them last season.

Reply #318703 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Thought he improved last season but squeezed out by Weigh. Should get good chances in Cairns. Posted about Cairns having a place for him a week ago as a guess even though I'd heard he was talking to a different club - funny that it turned out.

Reply #318722 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

the kid has no loyalty what so ever, left his hometown like lebron did but i guess much less dramatic and impact is no where near the same cos lebron is actually a star

Reply #318753 | Report this post

@rangaMITCH  
Years ago

Good one annon. I was set to watch Angry Boys tonight but clearly after that joke, I'm all laughed out!!

Reply #318767 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

funny that everyone else would be labelled unloyal eg. daniel dillon for coming back to melbourne...so you're the joke

Reply #318806 | Report this post

@rangaMITCH  
Years ago

The difference is that Lebron left Cleveland (his home town) to play with Wade and Bosh because he thought that was the only way he can win a championship. He had the choice of almost any team in the NBA and left the city that loved him!

Hill left Adelaide because clearly he was not in their plans for next year so signed with pretty much whoever would take him. If anybody was being dis-loyal it is the 36ers. Judging by what I keep reading on these forums, he was seen as a lot less than "loved".

BIG DIFFERENCE!!

Reply #318906 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:55 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754