Anon
Years ago

Anatoly Bose

I have just heard that Anatoly Bose has agreed to terms with Cairns Taipans. Good Bad or Otherwise?

Topic #25667 | Report this topic

TJ  
Years ago

who is this bose boy

Reply #319778 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

If true, would be a very good pickup IMO. The guy can play SG/SF, knows how to score and get to the free throw line. Can fill up a boxscore!

Reply #319779 | Report this post

Marty D  
Years ago

The kid has been a star at Nicholls State. Played his way into the rotation early in his college career and can really put points on the board in a hurry. Will be a grweat pick up for the Taipans, has the ability to start in the NBL early in his career!

Reply #319781 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Check out this Hoops.com.au thread

Played for Nicholls State University in Division 1 college and averaged over 20ppg last season.

Reply #319782 | Report this post

@rangaMITCH  
Years ago

Cairns are always intriguing with their signings. In a good way.

Reply #319792 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perhaps instead or recruiting players we should recruit their scouts

Reply #319793 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Huge pick up.
Best returning college player!

Reply #319795 | Report this post

phil  
Years ago

wtf!!! im so angry. we should have been chasing this guy so hard. i expected him to go to europe.

i know it wasnt exactly the best division ( or whatever you call it i forget) but he killed it. one of few young'uns you could single out in the league next year where he could go on to be in that elite level.( we have lost many players from the nbl of that elite level, unfortunately waiting to see who the next gaze, maher, loggins will be).

Reply #319799 | Report this post

Who Me  
Years ago

I am guessing he would have an NBA 'out clause', as I have seen his name mentioned in a couple of pre-draft workout blogs, including one with the Bucks.

Reply #319800 | Report this post

phil  
Years ago

he was a pretty consistant scorer as well from what i could find. didnt really have in and out games but always put up good numbers. racked up stats in other areas other than shooting as well.

ive never heard one way or the other about his capability on defense, perhaps LC could enlighten us on how he will go with that side of his game. should thrive in our league though.

barring injury my early pick for rookie of the year.

Reply #319801 | Report this post

phil  
Years ago

would definately have out clauses. ive seen very little footage of him, mostly just followed his progress through as many sources as possible over the last 2 or so years but i really see him as always gonna get over-looked by the nba. they want athletes first and skills second.

i would think if he impresses here his agent will be shopping him around to euro clubs at some stage.

Reply #319804 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Good work Cairns if true. Obviously has talent, will be very interested to see how he goes. Struggled with his shooting last year and is definitely a volume player. Perhaps a bit much will be expected by some in his first year but should be a good contributor.

Reply #319807 | Report this post

Marty D  
Years ago

Yeah on alot of the scouting reports he is classed as a chance for late 2nd round

Reply #319810 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

For anyone interested, he actually played centre quite a bit at college because of how small the team was!

Reply #319814 | Report this post

curtley  
Years ago

thats great news for the nbl.

Reply #319825 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

News I've heard he's a decent rebounder for his size, but not great. Volume shooter, in fairness didn't have a lot of help offensively after sophomore year, has little interest in playing defense. Imagine he'd be a good scorer at NBL level and eventual Euro player. NBA is beyond him athletically. Will be interesting to see if Cairns can get him to commit on the defensive end.

Reply #319867 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Can anyone confirm where he was born..Some reports say he was born in Kahzastan others say he was born in Sydney.

Has all the physical attributes - 6"6 height and 6"9 wingspan to be a very good player-- also has the skill set--good perimeter shot and can draw fouls.

I think his game will really be suited to International Basketball..He is real similar to Bojan Bogdanovic (Bojan is 22 also).
He has the potential to be a Theodoros Papaloukas type player, who lacked athleticism but had an unbelievable skill set--Papaloukas had an outstanding International career.

Reply #319874 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Bose was definitely born in Kazahkstan but raised in Sydney and that is where he learnt to play. Apparently he has a dual passport. Kazahktstan classified as within Asia, but he could play as a local in Russia or apparently Turkey as I am led to believe who both have decent leagues with teams that cat qualify for Euroleague and Eurocup.

Reply #319931 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kazahkstan doesn't allow their citizens to have multiple passports though, so his is no longer valid.

Reply #319932 | Report this post

ball  
Years ago

Some info for all

Anatoly Bose
Position: Guard/Forward
Height: 6-6
Weight: 200
Class: Senior
Hometown: Sydney, Australia
High School: Waverley College

At Waverley College: Named to the All-Australia High School squad in 2006 while averaging 22.5 points and 12.8 rebounds per contest in his senior campaign ... Voted team MVP as a senior year ... 2006 squad went 25-0 on to a state championship ... Selected as a CAS All-Star and named to the All-Australian team in 2006 ... Received an invite to the Nike All-Asia Camps and was the Nike All-Asia dunk contest winner ... Also received an invite to the Big Time Tournament in Los Angeles, CA in 2005 ... Played for the All-Australian Under-19 team in 2006.

Personal: Full name is Anatoly Bose ... Born December 6, 1988 in Kazakhstan ... Moved to Brooklyn, NY with his family when he was six, moved to the Sydney, Australia neighborhood of Bondi with his family when he was 12 ... Son of Larisa and Oleg Bose ... Has a brother named Vladislav ... Majoring in business administration

Reply #319957 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Check out 3 of Bose's off-season blogs from the Nicholls State University men's basketball website. Bose chats about his training, preparation and participating in NBA pre-draft work-outs at Chicago and Milwaukee.

Bose's Offseason Blog: Entry No. 1

Bose's Offseason Blog: Entry No. 2

Bose's Offseason Blog, Entry No. 3

Reply #319993 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's not Cairns. Try a bit further south.

Reply #320157 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

Cairns being the most northern based team of all the clubs suggests one of the 8 other teams have his signature. I'm guessing anon is suggesting Townsville as its "a bit further south" but not as far south as the 7 other clubs.

Is there a prize for guessing the right team?

Reply #320197 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Won't be cairns. Try Sydney.

Reply #320198 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

I don't see that happening anon especially with the signing of Alex Gynes being announced.

Your suggesting Sydney will be running with two rookies at the small forward spot. For this to happen the kings will probably run with just 1 import. Can't see that happening in a big market team like Sydney.

Reply #320229 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Funnier things have happened Big Ads.

Reply #320232 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sydeny is is. Maybe Marty and other coaches should stay in touch with these players while they at college. Rather than just hope, wish or fantasize about them going to their club.

Reply #320244 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Bose's Offseason Blog, Entry No. 4

Bose Looks to Qualify for Australian National Team

No mention of Bose signing a professional contract anywhere just yet.

Reply #320440 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Isn't he going to cairns?

Reply #320505 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

bose has agreed terms with sydney if he doesnt get a nba gig... has come from a reliable source!! Will be rookie of the year if he plays nbl

Reply #320522 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Does Sydney have room on their squad?

Reply #320528 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Plenty of room.

Reply #320535 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good to see the Kings sign Bose. Sorry Anon.

Reply #320569 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

NBA Draft Nominee and College Star Anatoly Bose Joins Kings in Coup for Sydney

"The Sydney Kings are proud to announce that forward Anatoly Bose, who had a stellar career at NCAA Division One school Nicholls State University in Louisiana, has signed with the team for the 2011/12 National Basketball League season."

Reply #320570 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

King Bose has big plans

...Bose admits he is not really expecting to hear his name called out by NBA Commissioner David Stern. That doesn't mean however that the 198cm Bose hasn’t got the intention of someday playing in the 'big show’ even if he had to take the hard route.

Reply #321331 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:06 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754