thedoctor
Years ago

The LeBrondown - Part II

After LeBron's woeful performance in Game 4, where he was outplayed by most of Dallas' team (thank God for Brian Cardinal) I have been surprised by the number of 'experts' willing to label LeBron as frightened of the big time, especially pivotal 4th quarters.

I thought this article was both funny and interesting:

http://bit.ly/kQmoAF

In particular enjoyed the evolution of the phrase 'Taking my talents to South Brach' and the appearance of The Wiggles in an NBA-related story. Enjoy

Topic #25694 | Report this topic

Libertine  
Years ago

GrantLand is going to be awesome

Reply #320258 | Report this post

TJ  
Years ago

lebron will bounce back

Reply #320273 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

another lebron hater how original

Reply #320287 | Report this post

Speed44  
Years ago

^ Did you even read the article?

Reply #320303 | Report this post

K.E.T  
Years ago

Brilliant article.

Reply #320305 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Game 5 - does anyone else agree that LeBron had one of the least influential triple doubles you've ever seen?

Reply #320317 | Report this post

Speed44  
Years ago

^ yep

Reply #320318 | Report this post

ankles  
Years ago

Great article and yes, I'm looking forward to Grantland. Simmons wrote and article a few months ago trying to categorize players by one word legacies - Russell's legacy was winning, Chamberlain's was statistics, LeBron's was to amaze.

I thought he summed it up perfectly.

LeBron has shown no wilingness or ability, at this point in his career, to compete. He will dominate other teams but that is a different skill to competing. I think he is possibly the most dominant basketball player ever to play the game - awesome physically, incredibly broad skill set, exciting, etc, etc, but I'm not sure he has ever learnt to compete.

In this series he has been contained by, among others, a 37 year-old, 6'4 white guy! Spoelstra is being out-coached but I have to think Pat Riley has had many many moments when he must have thought 'I got the wrong guy' (Bosh can only ever have been a part of the package).

Who'd have thought Mark Cuban would be the guy to set the tone for humility in this series!

Reply #320333 | Report this post

The Journo  
Years ago

If LeBron has another triple double in game 6 and Dallas win I will take that!!

Reply #320335 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:02 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754