Dallas beat Miami 105-95 in game 6

Topic #25703 | Report this topic

alexkrad  
Years ago

*warning - spoiler

Reply #320386 | Report this post

Ammon  
Years ago

Great post for those who haven't seen it douche.

Maybe shoulda titled it:

NBA Game 6 - Dallas @ Miami

.... Tard

Reply #320387 | Report this post

Skud  
Years ago

Yeh bit of common sense wouldnt go astray especially since the games delayed!!

Sadly I saw the news on ninemsn who literally had 5 token lines of what happened in the game.

Great to see the Mavericks do it, alot of players in the team that deserved a championship and I must say Im kinda glad to see that Le'Bron lost another team the championship.

Reply #320388 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

JCK98 - Great title you f**king wanker!

Reply #320390 | Report this post

mavs continued to shoot well and the heat looked like they could not get their running game going.

Reply #320393 | Report this post

pwned  
Years ago

Mavs killed em with their zone

Reply #320394 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Nice to see the title go to a new home. Great to see so many stars that have missed out previously finally get a title too: Kidd, Dirk, Peja and Jet have all been on good teams that failed to go all the way in the past.

For the Heat, there's always next year and its good for the league that the champion team beat the team of champions. The Heat need to find another big man and some better outside shooting to complement their big three.

For Lebron in particular, I think this should be a big wake up call. Once again, he has failed to deliver in crunch time and once again, his team has shown a collective lack of heart/ ability to execute when the pressure's on.

The Heat had their chances in the fourth quarter today, but a couple of wide open threes didn't go down and they all lost their composure, allowing the Mavs to close it out under no pressure whatsoever. That is NOT how you should go out, especially on your home floor in the finals!

I think Lebron is going to be spending some serious money on sports psychologists this off-season!

Reply #320395 | Report this post

JOaRiDrAN  
Years ago

Yeah stoked big Dirk and the Mavs got this one! Jet carried the team in the first half while Dirk struggled from the field, Barea was like a hot knife carving through butter in the first half. Big ups to Rick Carlisle making the change for Barea to start in the last 3 games (all wins)
Jason Kidd is a true legend and he deserves a ring not to mention the rest of the team deserved it.

As a diehard Laker fan im stoked Miami came up short and Lebron Lechoked.. again he needs to take a long hard look in the mirror. Bosh needs to wipe the tears away cause Miami will definately get one eventually. Miamis half court offense (or lack of)
was the decider for me, No post game kills them. Lebron needs to develop a post game or Miami need to make some changes.

Apart from the lockout, the NBA is looking solid for the next 5 years me and my boys were loving these playoffs (except for the LA sweep)what a finals series.
Id like to see Cuban throwing the $$$$$$$$$$ around tonight!!!!!!!!

Reply #320396 | Report this post

i agree beantown - kidd, nowitski etc all have put in big time and deserve it.

mavs did really well getting back in transition - would have liked to have seen a bit more of an outside game from the heat when the inside drives were not working.

Reply #320397 | Report this post

celtic green  
Years ago

Good game to watch, Dirk was horrible the first half, thank god (for Dallas) that Jet was onsong. Dirk did warm up the second half, particularly the 4th quarter.
Lebron, played very ordinary again. But I think not enough credit is being given to Marion and Kidd and the Dallas coaching staff for the defensive schemes they ran. They let him play the facilitator, and got a lot of steals in the passing lanes. Yeah, it led to a lot of open layups but that was the plan and they were prepared to live with that. Great coaching

Reply #320399 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Lets just say that the Mavs won't just celebrate with a 6 pack of Budweiser and a happy meal from McDonalds.

Cuban, would be throwing thousands around tonight.
Strippers, drinks, poker, marijuana you name it..

Reply #320404 | Report this post

it was a very entertaining finals series

Reply #320405 | Report this post

illicit  
Years ago

Team Basketball is still alive i love it

Reply #320409 | Report this post

tyrell  
Years ago

Spolstra stays or goes?

Reply #320412 | Report this post

TJ  
Years ago

lebron is my favorite player but i have to admit he p-layed rubbish chalmers also played and dwade and bosh carried us and ill tell u a secret boys lebron was injured hes just got a too big an ego to admit it watch his right wrist

Reply #320413 | Report this post

No Deal!!  
Years ago

TJ, how many other players in this series were playing injured? Wade was banged up, still played amazing, Nowitski had a torn ligament in his finger and had the flu, He still went out there and gave it all. I love watching Lebron in full flight but he seriously needs to get over the perceived notion that he is entitled to a ring and go out there and win one.

Reply #320415 | Report this post

Speed44  
Years ago

Speaking as a Miami fan since the Steve Smith/Bimbo Coles days, not a recent "bandwagoner", I was not overly happy with LBJ's signing, but now I am. I think he could be great trade-bait for Dwight Howard. Howard, Wade and Bosh would be a way better balanced team than what the Heat currently have.

Reply #320417 | Report this post

Juror 12  
Years ago

How about Lebron for Deron and Lopez

Reply #320418 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

Miami need to do themselves a favour and look at palming off Lebron to another team. Go trade him and fill the rest of their starting lineup.

Lebron could be traded for 3 decent players. Go trade him to NJ for Deron Williams and Brook Lopez.

Hell, trade Lebron to Orlando for Dwight Howard.

Reply #320419 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

Talk of trading LBJ is a bit of an over reaction isn't it? This series was super tight, Dallas had a couple of mighty comebacks and most games were decided by only a shot or two. LeBron was HUGE in the Chicago and Boston series, he was unquestionably flat in the finals and seemed to not want to take responsibility in the final quarters but after 1 season it's way too early to bust up the big 3.

I expect Spolestra to be the sacrificial lamb this time around.

Reply #320423 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

I called it from the day of 'The Decision'-he was best to go to Chicago (at least they had some very good role players such as Deng, Noah and Korver to complement Boozer and Rose)

Heat definently need a Center--They got murdered on the boards.

From memory they went through all kinds of Centers this year: Joel Anthony, Eric Dampier, Big Z, Jaamal Magloire and Dexter Pittman.

Trade away LBJ and get a Center--then you have 3 important spots covered (SG, PF and C). I like Chalmers, he can stay.

Reply #320424 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

Billo, I'm not making that suggestion because of the result from the finals.

I'm suggesting that they should have never taken him on in the first place.

Bosh and Wade would have performed better as a duo. That extra 17m or whatever on Lebron each year could have afforded better role players.

Reply #320429 | Report this post

Juror 12  
Years ago

While I agree that none of the big 3 should be traded after just one year it is still fun to speculate:

Lopez/Anthony
Bosh/Haslem
Miller/Jones
Wade/House
Williams/Chalmers

That team beats Dallas nine out of ten times

Would NJ agree to it? Surely? They are at risk of losing Williams anyway and they could get LeBron locked away for four more years.

And surely D-Will would sign on in Miami if he was playing in that team! Obviously the new CBA could change the Heat's ability to keep D-Will and Lopez but that would be one tough team.

Reply #320432 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

brook lopez isn't going to help the heat on the boards in any way

Reply #320446 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Great to see Dallas and their vets win a title.

LeBron's press conference afterwards was a disgrace. No respect whatsoever.

Reply #320449 | Report this post

igotmadskills  
Years ago

they should have played chalmers more and actually given him the point role rather than lebron or wade running everything. chalmers should have been starting and bring bibby off the bench.

Dirk is unguardable and deserved the win.

Reply #320451 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

haha, just found this link with Lebron jokes.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/sns-lebron-james-jokes-pg,0,6119247.photogallery

Loved this..Lebron was just traded to the Florida Panthers. He should be wildly successful, since in the NHL, there are only 3 periods.

and

Tomorrow is Lebron James day, everyone gets to leave work 12 minutes early.

Reply #320461 | Report this post

celtic green  
Years ago

Wow, everyone wants to trade Lebron after 4 or 5 ordinary games. I seem to remember after the Boston and Chicago series (where he played awesome) that people were talking about him being better then MJ (not on this forum but on ESPN and stuff). I think it is a little bit premature to trade him. If anyone will get traded I think it will be Bosh anyway, Riley won't give up on Lebron this early

Reply #320469 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

http://thedailywh.at/2011/06/13/whoopsie-daisy-of-the-day-15/

Classic!

Reply #320485 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Yep, its too early for the Heat to go trading Lebron, but I have to agree that a Wade, Bosh and Howard combo would be far better balanced than the current one. Of course, if Lebron wasn't brought in by the Heat, Bosh may not even have agreed to join them.

Not so sure about Lebron for D-Will and Lopez. With Wade already in the backcourt and capable of being a playmaker as well as a scorer, this is not a pressing need for the Heat.

As pointed out above, they need frontcourt help for Bosh. Lopez would be a decent pickup, but he is not a defensive or rebounding force.

If you are going to trade Lebron, you expect a bonafide, can't miss superstar in return, not a guy who is pretty decent and MAY one day be a perennial all-star.

Reply #320488 | Report this post

Speed44  
Years ago

Spot on Beantown. No way would I go for Lopez and D-Will for LBJ. It would have to be someone like Howard. I don't think MIA need a star PG at all, what they do need is an inside presence on both ends of the floor. Howard is that man, but I don't think Pat would do it after one year.

The only problem then would be who plays SF? Unless they are willing to chance their arms on Miller for the whole year as the starter. Howard, Bosh, Wade & Chalmers plus whichever SF they decide on, with Haslem, Anthony, Jones, Pittman & Bibby plus extras, would be way a better unit IMO.

Reply #320491 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

There are some 'excuses' floating around that Lebron was distracted due to women issues. Last year his mum was getting banged by a team mate, and the allegation this year is that Shard Lewis was going the chop chop with Lebron's girlfriend.

Reply #320495 | Report this post

tyrell  
Years ago

the excuses have only come out now that they lost

Reply #320503 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

"If anyone will get traded I think it will be Bosh anyway"

Celtic green, this wouldn't make any sense. Bosh and D-Wade can co-exist. They can operate together and be truly effective.

The reason why some of us are saying Lebron needs to be traded is because he can't co-exist/co-operate with D-Wade. They both need the ball; it won't work.

Im adamant that the Heat won't be the best team they can be with Wade and Lebron together..So why wait..Why not just trade LBJ, get a decent center.IMO that's UPGRADING your roster.
The Heat can either UPGRADE their roster this summer or risk loosing championships because of a lack of a decent center and the fact that DWade and LBJ can't play together.

And those people that say 'LBJ and Wade' tore up in the CHI and BOS Series need to realise that they only dominated because they were able to play a transition game and get fast break points.

In a half-court game, they are more out of sync than Chuck Hayes free throw shot.

Reply #320504 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Rumor is upon stevensons arrival home in Dallas, he was wearing a tshirt saying "hey lebron, how's my Dirk taste?". Ha ha ha classic

Reply #320512 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

that's gold anon!

MACDUB, I think time will tell how effectively Lebron and Wade can play together. As I said, I think a Howard, Bosh, Wade combo would be better, but I still think Lebron and Wade can co-exist on a championship team.

They weren't that far away this season, so if they bring in some more help and make some adjustments to how they play (for eg, Lebron needs to develop an effective post-up game rather than charging the rim all the time) they can still win it all.

I also don't think its as simple as both of them needing the ball. In Boston's 2008 championship year, Rondo was still developing, so you saw a lot more of Pierce and Allen taking it in turns to run the offence. It wasn't as pretty as their offence has been in more recent seasons, but it got the job done.

I think the real problem with Lebron and Wade is that neither are great jump shooters. Boston repeatedly beat Lebron's teams by making him work for everything in the paint and Dallas has done the same in this series. When it's money time, the difference between those who win it all and those who fall short is usually who can make their shots more consistently in crunch time.

Reply #320514 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

..and Dallas return home , to a crowd bigger than Texas , on TV news tonight , after the interview with 36ers new CEO.

Reply #320515 | Report this post

Callista  
Years ago

Beantown,

Easier said than done. The league is trying for a new 'Hard Cap' in the upcoming collective bargining agreemet.

If this gets through it means that Miami will only be abe to afford base salary players. ie rookies and minimum salary vets.

Sure as hell wont be much help around for those players. Unless they use their 1 contact cut to get rid of 1 of the big 3.

Food for thought.

Reply #320519 | Report this post

celtic green  
Years ago

I actually agree that with you Macdub that Bosh plays better with Wade then Lebron does, but he has much less upside then Lebron and I think Riley, if he does trade anyone, will trade Bosh.
Having said that I don't think he will trade any of them, I think he will try and tweak the roster and keep all 3

Reply #320521 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

That is a good point callista. There's a few teams with high payrolls who will be in trouble if the cap goes down significantly and even more so with a hard cap. With regard to trading lebron though, wade and bosh might mutiny if the heat traded their mate after one season! Riley would also be admitting he made a huge mistake, so I just don't see them doing it, even tho it might make sense on paper.

Reply #320532 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

The reason why some of us are saying Lebron needs to be traded is because he can't co-exist/co-operate with D-Wade. They both need the ball; it won't work.

MACDUB, 6 games ago that wasn't the general consensus in the basketball world, you know, after they pumped Boston and the Bulls. IMO the issue here isn't that they can't co-exist, they clearly can and have done so with devastating effect, it's that for whatever reason LeBron seems to go missing when the pressure is really on. It happened last year when he was the man at Cleveland and it's happened again this year when he was sharing the load of being the "man".

Reply #320537 | Report this post

Juror 12  
Years ago

How about LeBron to Cleveland for the #1, Verejao and Gibson. How funny would that be!

Reply #320792 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:29 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754