Years ago

Herby's first game back

Noticed Nathan has played his first game for Geelong
20 mins 20 points 57% from the 3 and 50% from the feild 2 steals

Not a bad first game

Topic #25707 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

That's a damn good first game back in my view!

Reply #320507 | Report this post

sunnycoast  
Years ago

I recon he will have a great year for the sixers tough player with huge heart does the little things well his fight will make a huge difference for us.

Reply #320523 | Report this post

No Deal!!  
Years ago

The good thing about herbie is that he doesn't rely on athletism to be effective. It's all about hustle and hitting open looks so he should be back as good as he was before the injury by the time the season kicks off.

Reply #320529 | Report this post

Jake  
Years ago

Herbie is a great player but lets be realstic. Role player off the bench not starting SG unless we want to finish near the bottom agan

Reply #320640 | Report this post

E=MC2  
Years ago

Jake, I'm glad your not picking the teams. Starter in my mind easily.

Reply #320650 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

I think you are both right, it just depends what role you want him to play.

He would be a competent but not flashy starter on a team where he only needs be a complimentary player amongst your star players to give good team balance, good defence and reasonable ball movement whilst not demanding too much of the ball. Alternatively he would be a great bench player injecting shooting and energy for short bursts.

Either way, I think the point is he is far from being a star player that would for example make him an obvoius starter in any team in the NBL.

Reply #320659 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

nathan herbert a starter, no chance, if you want your adelaide team at the bottom again, sure make him your starter

Reply #320663 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

I agree with XY. If the two imports are high quality players (eg Ervin and Clark) then Herbert would be an excellent fit in the starting five. But he certainly is not a guy you would rely on to carry the load offensively.

Reply #320667 | Report this post

E=MC2  
Years ago

Never said I wanted him to carry the load offensively - just that I think he is of starting calibre.

Reply #320675 | Report this post

Spinner  
Years ago

Its all good though, becuase Marty has two years left of the 3 year plan. Or, does that start from this year considering only 3 players were contracted beyond last season and the team is almost a new side?

Reply #320677 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:15 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754