curtley
Years ago

Anatoly Bose Signs with Sydney Kings (WOW)

A Big coup for the NBL.

http://bit.ly/luaolB

What are the chances of him getting picked up by an NBA team though?

Bear in mind he probably has a Kazakh passport as well as an Australian one, which is considered Asia, not Europe (thankfully perhaps).

Topic #25710 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

No chance what so ever of an NBA gig. Thats just silly talk really c'mon. I Interesting to see how he goes at NBL level.

Reply #320580 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

hasn't it already been mentioned a couple of times that Kazakhstan doesn't allow their residents to have dual passports though?

Hopefully a good signing by the Kings to help get some points on the board and generate some excitement...

Reply #320581 | Report this post

adeMC  
Years ago

Sydney's Chinatown will be chock full of Asians next Kings home game now for sure.

Reply #320582 | Report this post

phil  
Years ago

wtf ?? wasnt it already reported ages ago by another poster that he was signed by cairns??

this is bs!!

i want this guy at adelaide!!

Reply #320590 | Report this post

A.W  
Years ago

4 Point Guards.
2 Rookie Small Forwards.
Dann & Khazzouh.

This roster is weirder than the Tigers having 5 Small Forwards.

Who are the potential imports?

What does this mean for Ben Knight?

Reply #320592 | Report this post

Big Sexy  
Years ago

AW, they only have 3 point guards Madgen is a sg, there are talks of Ratzch and Ira Clark as imports on ozhoops.

There team could be

Bruce/Cooper
Madgen/Martin
Bose/Ratzch
Clark/Gyles
Kazzouzh/Knight or Mottram

Reply #320594 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bruce/Cooper/Martin
Madgen/Gynes
Bose/Ratzsch
Clark/Dann
Khazzouh/Knight

Looks good to me, better than the 36ers...

Reply #320595 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And as always Adelaide's recruiting has been exceptional so far! Love how they were able to lock Schenscher....of my bad thet resigned Herbert on one good knee instead.....sigh on this clubs rapid decent into never never land. Who wouldve thought life without Maher would be so difficult to swallow!

Reply #320596 | Report this post

A.W  
Years ago

I stand corrected on Madgen.

Big Sexy - you have left Dann off the roster, do they still sign Knight even though they have Dann?

If they sign Knight and 2 imports and run with a squad of 11, who misses round one in Melbourne? Gynes?

Reply #320597 | Report this post

Big Sexy  
Years ago

Yeah, I knew I missed someone.

Reply #320599 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

Kudos to Anon for calling it in the previous thread. I doubted the likelihood but as has been stated its a different line up.

Reply #320602 | Report this post

Skud  
Years ago

Looks like a pretty expensive lineup right there huh! Wonder how they are jamming that under the salary cap

Reply #320606 | Report this post

Aussiebballer  
Years ago

So what sort of impact will Bose have?
Rookie of the year? although that is pretty easy to win these days.

Will he be better then Weigh?

Reply #320609 | Report this post

HO  
Years ago

Are people getting ahead of themselves about Bose?

He played big minutes in a solid school in a pretty poor D1 conference. There have been quite a few aussies at NS, have any of them come back and done ok?

I realise the guy has been the standout aussie at this school so that certainly counts for something. And I certainly have not seen him play any junior ball so I am not being negative about him - just wonder if there is any evidence at all that he will make the grade?

Reply #320611 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

I would be very surprised if he didnt make the grade, he scored big numbers against some pretty good schools, but what sort of impact he has is definitely still to be seen. Hopefully he lives up to the billing.

Reply #320630 | Report this post

Jlow  
Years ago

So did Stafan Bresinski(name?) from the same school, was their leadig scorer all time till Bose I think and he has never got any time in NBL level.

Reply #320631 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

Sydney have four players training with the Boomers and a former Boomer in Bruce who arguably still has his best years ahead of him.

How many Sixers are training with the Boomers?

All of the teams around us have improved remarkably over the off season, especially Sydney & Melbourne, where as we are relying heavily on our imports to be stars. The only team that is going backwards is the Taipans, therefore I dont think we have improved enough - although I hope I am wrong!

I still think we are 2 years away from being competitive!

Reply #320634 | Report this post

bretts the man  
Years ago

Agree with Tornado after building up hopes for Sixers again . Here we go again . No exciting signings with waiting for too long for Schenser. and Ervin response and still stuffing around waiting .
Then have to go for 2 unknown imports and we all know how well we have done there over last few years

Reply #320639 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

Even if we secure Ervin I dont think our Australian talent is enough although there is a good young core there in Johnson, Creek and Weigh.

The future is looking ok if we can retain and develop those players but I dont think the immediate future is looking any more positive than last year even with the signing of Ervin (if it were to happen) considering the amount the other teams have improved or retained their lists.

I am hoping I am wrong and that our defence picks up and the development of Johnson, Creek and Weigh advances enough to make us competitive!

This is not a slight on Marty either, he can talk to all of the talent he wants but they hvae to be willing to come here.....this is really just a realistic view of where I think we are currently at on Paper.

We have all seen that a champion team can beat a team of champions so lets hope that they can gel well and put it all together!! :-)

Reply #320643 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

I agree Tornado.

The imports virtually cancel eachother out.

Having good imports doesn't get you championships; Having good local players (Aussies or Kiwis) will get you championships.

Look at the Breakers; they had non-restricted (local ) players such as Penney, Vukona, Abercrombie.
They still would have won it even if they had average imports.

Reply #320656 | Report this post

TJ  
Years ago

i dont agree with macdub imports are still players aussies or not you get a championship with good players not just aussies not just imports P-L-A-Y-E-R-S

Reply #320717 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Bose is definitely the pick of the crop of the Aussies to come out of NSU. Yes he was on a poor team in a weak conference, but he was the focal point game in and game out and delivered the goods, including wins over teams NSU had never beaten before in their history.
I think he will become a very good player in the NBL and sew up a regular starting berth.

Reply #320754 | Report this post

Sandman  
Years ago

Stefan Blazinski posted similar stats in his time at nicholl state. He is still posting better stats then Dann in ABA in the same team. The sole reason why he isnt on the Kings roster is that him and Moose don't see eye to eye.

Reply #320818 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yea i always wondered why no one picked up Blacynski after such a good college career? Any teams looking at him this year? Could he go to Cairns as the next Dillon?

Reply #320819 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Bose's career was clearly better than Stefan's, even though his was quite respectable. Stef played briefly in Poland this year and struggled.

Reply #320829 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:33 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754