Big Sexy
Years ago

Kevin Ratzsch signs with Sydney Kings

As rumoured Kevin Ratzsch signs with the Kings
http://www.nbl.com.au/kings-shortcut/news/article/2011/june/kevin-ratzsch-signs-on-as-sydney-kings-first-import/

Topic #25724 | Report this topic

Big Sexy  
Years ago

If the rumours keep coming true the Sydney Kings should be announcing Ira Clark soon

Reply #320815 | Report this post

tickle  
Years ago

Litsch > Ratzsch

Reply #320821 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Good to see Ratszch get a shot in the NBL. Really impressed with him in HSH.
Will be interesting to see whether he can play at that level with tougher competition.

Have been pretty impressed with Sydney's recruiting in the off season.
2 returning Aussies from college, have cut all their dead wood from last year, have kept the players who competed well for them last year.
If the rumours are true about Ira Clark, and they don't lose Khazzouh, their list will look pretty competitive. Massive difference to the mob of rejects they ran with last year.

Reply #320823 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i Have to agree with Hendo8888. I though he was one of the best players at HSH, attacks the hoop and runs the floor.

Reply #320827 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How silly do we look passing up Ratzsch last season despite Clarke going interstate to scout him and signing Winder and DeVries instead.

Reply #320838 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Well, I will wait and see him play in the NBL before I make comment on that.

Reply #320861 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

I think the jury is still well and truly out on Ratzsch. Time will tell.

Reply #320864 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

I think the jury is still well and truly out on Ratzsch. Time will tell.

Reply #320865 | Report this post

KB3  
Years ago

yeah we look real stupid , i guy punched out 20,8 and 5 on debut against the defending champ then got hurt versus someone who has never played a game in the NBL.....i know who i would take right now.

Reply #320870 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Agree with LC. I think he will be solid but nothing special as far as an import goes. The kind of import that most people get on for not "dominating like an import should".

Reply #320871 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

I'm hoping Ratzsch is one of those type of players that while unspectacular, gets the job done and is reliable on both ends, something that the Kings really lacked last season during many of their scoring droughts. If we can get a Gruber 2.0 with a bit more scoring punch, I think that would be a good result (especially if he's coming fairly cheap)

Reply #320872 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

GOOD SIGNING.....STEADY ROLEPLAYER AT THIS LEVEL WHO WILL BE RELIABLE AND CONSISTENT. THE PROBLEM WITH THE ROSTER IS THE BACK COURT. WHY YOU WOULD SIGN 3 AUSSIE POINT GUARDS IS BEYOND ME. TIME WILL TELL,THIS ROSTER LACKS ANYONE WHO CAN CREATE FOR THEMSELVES, AT THE MOMENT I DO NOT SEE ANYONE HERE WHO CAN CREATE THEIR OWN SHOT OFF THE DRIBBLE, IF K LEAVES...BIG TROUBLE.

Reply #320873 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

I hope Ratzsch does well for the Kings. He looked like a decent player at HSH last year and I certainly would have been interested in seeing him in a Sixers jersey - especially if he can defend the Redhage's and Worthington's of the league!

I agree with anon above though. They are overloaded at point guard with Cooper, Martin AND Bruce. With one spot left to fill in the regular ten man roster, you'd think they will have to sign an import who can play PF and backup C.

The only frontline support Khazzouh has right now is Dann and Ratzsch. Neither of those guys are true big men - more small forwards who tend to play big for their size.

Reply #320885 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

paul,Now now that's never stopped you before. Sydney Kings top four anyone?

Reply #320918 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Is your reading comprehension really that bad anon!!

Reply #320919 | Report this post

Young Gun  
Years ago

I'm glad the coach finally got his man. Ratzch looked good against good opposition at HSH & i thought was deserving of a spot in the NBL.

Reply #320922 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:31 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754