David
Years ago

Andrew Bogut trade rumours

Reports that the bucks have offered Bogut and a number 10 pick in the draft for the Timberwolves number 2 pick. Reports suggest Bucks concearned about Boguts health.

I read a couple of fans opinon and they doubt this trade will happen saying the bucks would be shooting themselves in the foot. I think for Boguts sake he stays in Milwauke I don't think the wolves would be a very good situation for him.

Topic #25735 | Report this topic

Nutwork  
Years ago

I'll start my own rumour, Bogut for Bynum.

Reply #321085 | Report this post

BALLER#3  
Years ago

Bogut for Haywood and mavs first round pick.

Reply #321086 | Report this post

hustle  
Years ago

I just read this on ESPN and it makes no sense.

The Bucks went and spent big on Maggette, Gooden last year as pieces for their team.

Trading away their 2005 #1 pick and almost all-star for a #2 pick effectively means rebuilding. Nobody in the draft comes in as a starter and dominates.

Then what? Hope a Jennings/Salmons/Maggette/Gooden core takes you to the playoffs with a rookie?

I wouldnt make this deal if I were the Bucks. If I were Minny, Id think about it. But then Id have to clear off last summers splurges on Euro-Centres to get some wing depth....(which I could get with the #2 pick!).

Reply #321088 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Get the man to a big market!! LA or Maimi! (Or what about NY or Boston??

Reply #321089 | Report this post

Big Sexy  
Years ago

If I were Minnesota I will take this trade in a heartbeat, they don't need either of the top 2 players in Irvin or Williams as they have those positions filled so if you can get a very good centre and only have to drop down 8 picks. I can't understand why Bucks make this trade

Reply #321091 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

Would love to see him in a similar situation to Luc Longley - setting picks, rebounding & winning championships with great players! Mike Bibby nearly got the A1 trade this season. Bogut next to Kobe could work...

Why doesn't B Brown try to lure him to SA?

Reply #321092 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

The Bucks will be making a big mistake if this was true.

He'd make a good centre @ one of the big teams. I'm a Knicks fan and would welcome him to New York. Not sure if he'll like the craze of the city and it's media.

Heat he'd be a good centre, but not sure how he'd go with the Big 3.

Reply #321098 | Report this post

K.E.T  
Years ago

Minnesota already has Beasley and Love..i think they'd rather pick up a PG in the draft

Reply #321099 | Report this post

Big Sexy  
Years ago

K.E.T they now have 3 decent pg's on their roster with Rubio signing up so the last thing they need is another PG

Reply #321100 | Report this post

No Deal!!  
Years ago

KET you do realise they just signed Rubio right? And neither Beasley or Love are centres? I personally think Bogut to the TWolves could work. Dunno why the Bucks would do it tho.

Reply #321101 | Report this post

David  
Years ago

Orbit Bogut offers so much more then Longley. I could'nt think anything worse then Bogut going to a contender and taking 5 shots a game just to win a championchip. Championchips are great but a player reaching his full potential is also important.

The huge question is Bogut going to have the full mobilty of his arm after the surgery? A Bogut trade could happen, if the Bucks do have concerns about Bogut's arm. But my guess is the trade with Minnesota won't happen as stated in previous posts does not make sense for Milwauke.

Reply #321104 | Report this post

David  
Years ago

Milwauke bucks GM has siad the trade rumours are false so it looks like that is the end to that. Some fans on the comments below think it would be a bad trade but are not against the idea of tradeing Bogut. Some believe he is too injury prone. Next season is a make or break year for Bogut if his arm does not recover and he can't produce like he did before the injury his tenure in Milwauke might come to an end.

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/124219914.html?page=3#comments

Reply #321106 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

Considering Bogut has a 5-6 year contract and the club essentially said "He's the foundation of the club"; I doubt that was more than blowing smoke.

Unless Jennings runs off in the next year back to Europe, then the Bucks have their Centre and PG locked down.

I'd trade Kevin Love to Milwaukee for Salmons, Watson and Gooden.

Reply #321113 | Report this post

Rasheed30  
Years ago

Love to Lakers for Gasol is a rumour at the moment.

Reply #321125 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Also Supposedly the Wolves want Gasol for their #2 pick. Yeah lotsa luck.

Reply #321133 | Report this post

David  
Years ago

Timberwolves president David Kahn says Kevin Love isn't going anywhere and Minnesota will draft Duke point guard Kyrie Irving on Thursday if he falls to No. 2.

Defintely a trade is going to happen if Timberwolves draft irving. I don't blame them either weak draft, draft the best player whatever postion he is and see what you can get for him. Kahn has also made it clear there not tradeing Rubio if Irving is drafted.

Reply #321169 | Report this post

David  
Years ago

Bucks did a trade just wasn't Bogut, could'nt be bothered going into the detail but one of the players was john salmons. That is a bit of a shock, Salmons was simply sensational for the Bucks when they got him in a trade from Chicago. He was so good that he was close to being untouchble for the Bucks, this season was'nt a good season for him and him getting traded is a reflection of how far he has dropped. Bucks are getting former Sydney King Stephen Jackson, word is he not happy abouut the trade too aw-oh.............

Reply #321447 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

David - since when has averaging 14/3/3 on a lottery team translated to being 'untouchable'. Owed another $24M over the next three seasons.

Great trade for the Bucks - get a tough scorer in Jackson who has performed in the playoffs, a great back up PG who played very well as a starter on a bad Kings team, and also dump Maggette's contract which was also overpaying a scorer well past his best.

If they can jag a decent player with their pick, the Bucks are in a good place barring injuries.

Reply #321470 | Report this post

K.E.T  
Years ago

"KET you do realise they just signed Rubio right?"
The answer would be no, i didn't.

I've been reading and thinking about the draft quite a bit today actually and some decisions, while not surprising, aren't exactly logical.

It appears that teams are going for known quantity (the best available), over picking for their decision.

Minnesota have Ricky Rubio coming in at PG, i've taken a look at their roster and they have:

C
F Love (22)/Williams (20)
F Beasley (22)/Webster (24)
G
G Rubio (20?)

Minnesota is young, they don't have any horrible contracts. This is a team that will rise, but why get Williams over Kanter in this position?

They already have a strong PF, and Beasley is technically a PF who can play an interchangeable role at SF. If i'm the GM, i'm getting Kanter as my starting centre. All they need to do is pickup some sort of decent Shooter Guard in the free agency, and that team would go from 17-65 to around 30 wins minimum next season surely!

--------------------------------------

Utah, they have a roster of:

C Jefferson/Okur
F Favors/Millsap/Kanter
F Kirilenko/Haywood
G Burks
G Harris

Something there tells me that they have a log jam of tall guys. Why draft another tall guy when apart from Devin Harris, they are seriously lacking in the guard position?

Reply #321624 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

don't bash on the draft selections just yet, wait for the trades to occur, millsap won't be in Utah by the start of the season, for example.

Reply #321649 | Report this post

David  
Years ago

Doctor you misread what I wrote. I siad Salmons was untoucable the season before that. His form was senasational and the Bucks made his signing a priorty so they offered him a huge contract. This season I siad he had a bad season and it showed how much he had dropped off by getting traded.

At no time in my post did I say he was untouchble after the season he just had.

Reply #321702 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:15 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754